Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really going to miss interacting with you guys on this case!!! Everyone had such great input, thoughts and ideas and I learned alot. I agree we will meet again on here soon because there is always something happening that needs discussion:)Thank you guys SO much!!!
Thank you Harmony2 for moderating so well and keeping us sane:)

I wish you all a very happy 2014:)
:loveyou: You, too Jessica x

aa9511: I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your take on the study from the last thread. It was great.

And SMK the link you posted was great too. Some logical thinking reported for a change.

My Thanks button is working very sporadically today so thank you all for your input!

Thanks Myvice...so sweet of you to say that.
:loveyou::loveyou:

Thank you for your input too, always!

I noticed that members who believe that AK and RS are guilty, frequently cite their inappropriate behavior (buying sexy clothes, commenting "did she *advertiser censored**ing bleed to death", etc) as indicative of personalities which conscience-less people have, hence the likelihood of them committing the heinous act is increased (as murder would come easy to them).

I witnessed something the other day, which makes the above point somewhat counter-intuitive. There was a car accident in a parking lot of a super store and an elderly person was killed. As the body was being taken away in the ambulance, I noticed many shoppers standing around, taking pictures, laughing and having a "good time" off of the tragedy at hand. Goes on to show how many people are insensitive, shortsighted and just lack all courtesy in general.

Now, keeping the above incident in mind; is it not possible that AK and RS are two such people. If they did take part in the murder, wouldn't they be more cautious, modest and NOT their usual debonair, carefree, insensitive selves??

So it leads me to conclude that the absolute despicable behavior of the two, post-murder and pre-arrest, is strongly indicating innocence in this crime, and not guilt.

Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.

Maybe by moving to a new case, ill get to agree with some I've disagreed with on this one :)

Yes I agree though I'm sure something will happen that needs talking about. Looking forward to the reasoning for sure.

I must admit that it took a while to get used to this thread, as other cases I've followed are always agreed upon by the majority. This was something totally different than what I was used to. Sometimes I wanted to do this :banghead: or :tantrum: or :argue: or :burn:, but there were more times I wanted to :loveyou: or :heartluv: or :biglaugh: or :hug:.

:)

Does anyone here know WHY exactly Guede's sentence was shortened so much? Any info or link explaining this?
I have only found out today that he could be freed next year?!
I thought he was the only one who was undoubtedly involved in the murder of Meredith?

(Sorry I am behind with lots of info, I have only just started with this case..)

"But there is only one thing here which isn’t right and not fair – a 21-year-old girl went to Italy and never came home. And there is only one victim too – and that is poor Meredith Kercher who died terrified and in agony having had her throat cut.

Now Amanda Knox has been found guilty of that terrible crime for a second time. And no efforts at rebranding herself as a thoughtful demure victim is going to change that. ...

In fact she can buy pretty much whatever she wants. Except innocence."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/amanda-knox-pr-cannot-hide-3100590#.UvEY__v-DCM

short and to the point.

Does anyone here know WHY exactly Guede's sentence was shortened so much? Any info or link explaining this?
I thought he was the only one who was undoubtedly involved in the murder of Meredith?

(Sorry I am behind with lots of info, I have only just started with this case..)

Because he opted for the fast track trial. I guess that is equivalent of pleading guilty in the US. Basically, he plead guilty. Therefore, his sentence was reduced. It's called fast track trial.

Hi, from what I understand, Italy has an option called a "fast track trial". All three were offered this option but only Rudy took it. There is no jury and it is based on the evidence up until that point. Apparently he said he was worried AK and RS would frame him and that's the reason why he chose it. This article explains it a bit-

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=5762914

I noticed that members who believe that AK and RS are guilty, frequently cite their inappropriate behavior (buying sexy clothes, commenting "did she *advertiser censored**ing bleed to death", etc) as indicative of personalities which conscience-less people have, hence the likelihood of them committing the heinous act is increased (as murder would come easy to them).

I witnessed something the other day, which makes the above point somewhat counter-intuitive. There was a car accident in a parking lot of a super store and an elderly person was killed. As the body was being taken away in the ambulance, I noticed many shoppers standing around, taking pictures, laughing and having a "good time" off of the tragedy at hand. Goes on to show how many people are insensitive, shortsighted and just lack all courtesy in general.

Now, keeping the above incident in mind; is it not possible that AK and RS are two such people. If they did take part in the murder, wouldn't they be more cautious, modest and NOT their usual debonair, carefree, insensitive selves??

So it leads me to conclude that the absolute despicable behavior of the two, post-murder and pre-arrest, is strongly indicating innocence in this crime, and not guilt.

I would certainly agree that there a lot of insensitive people out there. And obviously not all of them are murderers.

There may be members here that talk about the unusual behavior of the defendants but I haven't seen anyone that thinks they're guilty based solely on that. If you read back through the threads I think you will find the evidence that those that believe in their guilt hang their hat on. Welcome to the discussion.

Thanks.
Wow.
Now there are some strange laws we italians have. :facepalm::facepalm:
You never stop learning, huh.
Unbelievable.

Yes, ITA. I will really miss my fellow posters. But I'm sure that, knowing this case the way it is, some BIG thing will come up shortly...LOL.

Yes....I wish there was some general sidebar where we could all hang out till another interesting case would come along!! :drumroll:

Rudy Guede took the fast track option to avoid having a joint trial with Amanda and Raffaelle. By doing do, he could imply that others were involved but not actually have to prove it. It also served the interest of the Prosecution, which read a statement signed by Geude in the trail of the other two as evidence, but the others were not allowed to cross examine this so called "witness".

Guede did not actually write this statement. It was in dense Italian legal jargon and clearly written by the prosecutor.

In a bit of legal nonsense, the Italian Supreme Court declared that Meredith was killed by multiple attackers based on the result of Guede's trials where both sides had a vested interest in there being more than one person involved. The prosecution wanted to try others for the same murder and Guede wanted others to share his guilt. Amanda and Raffaelle had no representatives at Guede's trial that was held behind closed doors.

That would work better if Knox hadn't been declaring for 7 years that the victim was her friend. There's a big difference in how people feel when a friend is brutally murdered and when a stranger dies accidentally.

I also hope that those that arrived at the conclusion that Knox, Sollecito and Guede are guilty of murder (something the court arrived at years ago) based that opinion on more than cartwheels and rude remarks.

I know this has been answered but I doubt I'd give ya a little more info

Rudy Guede did opt for a fast track trial. In doing so he gets a third cut off his sentence. In his first instance trial he was given 30 years. By the time his appeal was heard, RS and AK had been sentenced to 25 and 26 years. So on appeal RGs was brought down to 24yrs to match theirs. Then 1/3 was taken off and 16 years is what he's left with.

"Twenty-four years would be in line with the sentences given to Knox and Sollecito," he said. "They each got an extra year for simulating a burglary at the scene and Knox got a further year for falsely blaming a local barman for the murder."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/dec/22/rudy-guede-sentence-kercher-murder

I must say although I believe in AK's and RS's guilt I can see where all this anti-italianism derived from.

The fact RG could possibly be free next year, the "forgotten" bra clasp story, the "corrupt" prosecutor, the fact that with the little evidence they had they messed around so much, AK not having a translator when she was first questioned, the fact that the questioning was not recorded...
Though I do not believe AK has been hit by the police, I think she was treated pretty harshly by them. Does anyone know if it were policemen or carabinieri? The carabinieri really have some kind of "bad *advertiser censored*" attitude, they think they stand above everybody.
I do believe AK's story about the police having suggested to her to accuse Lumumba. I can see where that comes from. She wrote in the message "Ci vediamo piu tardi" - see you later. In English you say that all the time, even if you know that you are not going to see that person for a couple of days. But in Italian it means that you will have an appointment a couple of hours later and you will see that person in fact "later". I can imagine the italian police being all over that text message and obviously getting suspicious, thus asking even more questions about her boss and accusing her of being a liar.

I can fully understand the rest of the world beginning to scratch their head about Italy though.
What a weird case.

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members