Motivation Report has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distancing/Separation? Lets take a look at what his appeal doc says not what agenda bloggers like Vogt and hacks like Barbie say.

They confirm her alibi. They were certainly together at Raffaele's place when Guede said Meredith screamed at 9.20pm-9.30pm.

<Italian language content snipped ... didn't understand a word of it>

Does the Nencini report state that Meredith was murdered at 9:20-9:30?

What proof is there that Knox and Sollecito were at his apartment at that time. Court documents from previous trial hearings state that the last human interaction was earlier. After the movie finished, there were a couple of Japanese adult cartoons called Naruto but there is no recorded human interaction with the computer.

On the night that he was arrested, he said that he couldn't vouch for Knox. He said that he couldn't be sure that she didn't go out by herself on the night of the murder. According to B Nadeau, in the article you linked, the footage of the woman in the carpark was released by Sollecito's team and is intended to demonstrate that Knox returned to the cottage alone that night. I don't believe Sollecito ever backed away from the position that Knox could have gone out by herself that night. With all the discussion about DNA transfer, it's no stretch to believe that Knox transferred his DNA to Meredith's bra clasp.

I believe that they were both involved in the murder, but with Sollecito attempting to distance himself, he may have a chance of freedom by pinning it all on Knox. I don't think she has a chance of undoing her conviction.

BBM

Without leaving her own DNA as well?

BBM

Without leaving her own DNA as well?

Half the sentence doesn't really convey what I meant. In context: With all the discussion about DNA transfer, it's no stretch to believe that Knox transferred his DNA to Meredith's bra clasp.

With all the discussion about tertiary transfer ... such that Sollecito's DNA on the door handle was not disturbed by the 3-4 people that touched the same door handle when the murder was discovered, then his DNA jumped to the filthy glove of a sloppy forensic investigator, then his DNA jumped to the bra clasp, and that explains Sollecito's DNA on Meredith's bra clasp ... I thought perhaps that Sollecito could cash in on this theory.

Half the sentence doesn't really convey what I meant. In context: With all the discussion about DNA transfer, it's no stretch to believe that Knox transferred his DNA to Meredith's bra clasp.

With all the discussion about tertiary transfer ... such that Sollecito's DNA on the door handle was not disturbed by the 3-4 people that touched the same door handle when the murder was discovered, then his DNA jumped to the filthy glove of a sloppy forensic investigator, then his DNA jumped to the bra clasp, and that explains Sollecito's DNA on Meredith's bra clasp ... I thought perhaps that Sollecito could cash in on this theory.

They have made a mess of the DNA evidence, haven't they? It's useless for defense as well as prosecution, it would never stand up in a court in this country and shouldn't be relied upon in Italy either, imo.

What proof is there that Knox and Sollecito were at his apartment at that time. Court documents from previous trial hearings state that the last human interaction was earlier. After the movie finished, there were a couple of Japanese adult cartoons called Naruto but there is no recorded human interaction with the computer.

Nencini confirmed the human interaction but shaves 6 minutes off.

The last certain evidence of the presence of both of the defendants in the apartment of Via Garibaldi #130 consists in the human interaction on Raffaele Sollecito’s computer around 9:20 p.m.

L'ultimo dato certo della presenza di entrambi gli imputati nell'abitazione di via Garibaldi numero 130 è costituito dalla interazione umana effettuata sul computer di Raffaele Sollecito attorno alle 2 1 -20 della sera

http://www.amandaknox.com/blog/ or page 76 of part 4. http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Parte-4-Sent.-KNOX-Amanda-M.+1.pdf

He seems to muck up the times for everything. Elsewhere he says "It's for certain Meredith and Sophie said goodbye to each at 9pm" which we know isn't true. Sophie said she got home at 9pm and made no mention of seeing Meredith attempt to call her mother at 8.56pm which means they said goodbye probably between 8.53pm and 8.55pm giving her 5 mins to get to her place after parting.

It might be only a couple of minutes here and there but he makes categorical statements about times things happened which are flat out wrong.

I read AK and RS have appealed the most recent ruling. So, what's the next step in this legal saga?

How often can they appeal?

Indeed it is difficult to have these discussion with google translated Italian. I am certainly not Italian but I believe "entrambi" doesn't necessarily mean 'both'. In this context I would say it probably means 'one or the other'. After all, there is no evidence of Knox at his apartment after about 8:40pm (student witness).

There are always people that have a soft spot for convicted murderers. I doubt that Meredith's family does, and I doubt that they distrust all of the prosecutors, judges, and jurors that have weighed the evidence. Even if one prosecutor made a mistake, the one that sat beside him apparently didn't.

BBM Generalizations that supporters of AK and RS have a soft spot for convicted murderers is unfair.

You have never thought someone was wrongfully convicted? Or maybe you thought they were guilty at first but then changed your mind after carefully reviewing all the evidence presented.

If you did, I don't feel you would think it fair for someone to paint you as having a soft spot for convicted murderers.

They have made a mess of the DNA evidence, haven't they? It's useless for defense as well as prosecution, it would never stand up in a court in this country and shouldn't be relied upon in Italy either, imo.

I don't think so. A couple of academics and retirees from America have postulated their theories about what really happened at a crime scene in Italy. With none of the postulators having been to the crime scene, it is little more than an academic discussion.

The DNA is quite straight forward and has been confirmed by independent sources. Circumstantial evidence is sufficient for a conviction in America. When there are also bloody footprints and DNA evidence, it's pretty much a slam dunk.

In Italy, there are numerous opportunities to come forward with either new evidence, or a new interpretation of old evidence. No one is disadvantaged as a result of committing murder in Italy rather than the United States.

Nencini confirmed the human interaction but shaves 6 minutes off.

http://www.amandaknox.com/blog/ or page 76 of part 4. http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Parte-4-Sent.-KNOX-Amanda-M.+1.pdf

He seems to muck up the times for everything. Elsewhere he says "It's for certain Meredith and Sophie said goodbye to each at 9pm" which we know isn't true. Sophie said she got home at 9pm and made no mention of seeing Meredith attempt to call her mother at 8.56pm which means they said goodbye probably between 8.53pm and 8.55pm giving her 5 mins to get to her place after parting.

It might be only a couple of minutes here and there but he makes categorical statements about times things happened which are flat out wrong.

What does the first Motivation Report say about the last "human interaction"? The Massei Report? I thought it was earlier than 9:20.

Flat out wrong? It actually makes sense that Meredith's last phone call was after she and her friend parted. If the phone call was made at 8:56, then she and her friend parted earlier. One can't dispute that.

I read AK and RS have appealed the most recent ruling. So, what's the next step in this legal saga?

How often can they appeal?

They can appeal until the Supreme Court rules that the appeal is unsuccessful. That is, no new points are raised, and no new interpretations of evidence are valid. If the appeal is successful, whatever point was successfully raised will be heard. It is not a re-trial. A verdict will be given, and it will be sent back to the Supreme Court for appeal or confirmation. If the verdict is confirmed, Knox will be extradited. The Italians didn't take it this far just to drop the ball at the gates of Seattle.

BBM Generalizations that supporters of AK and RS have a soft spot for convicted murderers is unfair.

You have never thought someone was wrongfully convicted? Or maybe you thought they were guilty at first but then changed your mind after carefully reviewing all the evidence presented.

If you did, I don't feel you would think it fair for someone to paint you as having a soft spot for convicted murderers.

I initially believed that Knox was innocent ... until about 2009.
I thought it was a no-brainer, quick release, forget about it.
Instead, the evidence was released.

A couple of academics and retirees from America have postulated their theories about what really happened at a crime scene in Italy. With none of the postulators having been to the crime scene, it is little more than an academic discussion.

when did judge nencini visit the crime scene? how about the SCC justices? massei?

Indeed it is difficult to have these discussion with google translated Italian. I am certainly not Italian but I believe "entrambi" doesn't necessarily mean 'both'. In this context I would say it probably means 'one or the other'. After all, there is no evidence of Knox at his apartment after about 8:40pm (student witness).

I know enough about language and electronic translation to know that something is lost in translation. I would be interested in links to any professional translations of the Nencini Report.

Did the movie automatically end and switch to Naruto at 9:11, but the last human interaction was earlier, before the suitcase girl came to the door? ... just before that, Dr Sollecito spoke to Raffaelle on the phone (8:35), and before that was the water leak, the bloody fish dinner, getting stoned, and before that, seeing Meredith at the cottage.

Does moving the timeline work with the footage in car parkade?

We know that they went live again at 5:30-6AM.

when did judge nencini visit the crime scene? how about the SCC justices? massei?

Judges are different from DNA and forensic analysts. A judge evaluates information for truth and accuracy. The forensic analyst studies the scene.

Could this case become about three foreigners in Italy: England (victim), America (convicted), and Ivory Coast (convicted confirmed)? Perhaps Sollecito will find a way to skate, and Knox will find a way to avoid extradition.

In any case, she will never be allowed to step foot in Europe and many foreign countries for the remainder of her life. Most likely, he will also have restricted travel.

Maybe Knox and Sollecito could end up like this:

"Juliet Hulme, 15, and Pauline Parker, 16, were two friends who conspired to kill Pauline's mother Honorah ...

On the afternoon of June 22, 1954, the girls lured Honorah to Victoria Park in Christchurch's Port Hills, under the pretence of a walk. Down a secluded path, they bashed her to death by hitting her more than 20 times with a half-brick inside a stocking.

"Incredibly, both women have chosen to settle in Scotland where they lead largely reclusive lives.
Perry lives in the remote fishing village of Portmahomack, 50 miles north of Inverness. A successful crime writer, she has sold more than 25 million copies of her books.

Nathan, who has previously worked as an English teacher and with the mentally ill, has settled in the Orkney Islands.

A devout Roman Catholic, she leads a life of solitude similar to that of a nun, her sister Wendy said in a 1997 interview."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10765998

About partners murdering someone that one partner knows, and the other partner has only met once, but thought the victim looked cute in her ex-boyfriend's jeans.

" ... crime writer Anne Perry, her dark past as Juliet Hulme ... three months into her prison sentence she knelt by her bed and prayed about her crime ... but she has also talked about blocking the horrific crime from her mind and refusing to remember her part in it. "I would just torment myself (if I did that) and that wouldn't help anybody," she told the Daily Mail in 2006.

Did she think about Honorah Parker?

"No. She was somebody I barely knew," she said."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10765998

Is that something that Sollecito has said ... that he barely knew Meredith?

I initially believed that Knox was innocent ... until about 2009.
I thought it was a no-brainer, quick release, forget about it.
Instead, the evidence was released.

I kind of listened about this case at first. Then the trial circus started and really started considering all the evidence. No doubt in my mind AK was there.

Always wondered why Raff allowed himself to be considered in trial with Amanda, not separately. Now, he tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288