Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I remember too but the FULL transcript would be useful.

"Heinrich then recounted the night he snatched Jacob off a rural road in St. Joseph in October 1989 in detail in front of a judge and a packed courtroom.

He says he handcuffed Jacob and placed him in the back seat of his car.

Jacob asked "what did I do wrong".

Heinrich then says he drove Jacob to a rural area of Paynesville, near a row of trees, where he sexually assaulted the 11-year-old."

http://knsiradio.com/news/local/man-admits-taking-jacob-wetterling-recounts-night-detail

I would guess that we all know of people that have had bad childhoods, bad experiences or tragedy happen to them that have gone on to live normal productive lives. So, how does someone get this messed up to think that they have the right to kidnap, sexually abuse, assault, exploit, and murder? Not to mention, thinking they are justified in taking away and defining how the family and friends of the victims live the rest of their lives. This monster literally stole the lives of so many people, granted they are still living and breathing, but I guarantee you they are not living their lives the same as they would have prior to the day the crime was committed to them or their loved one. Where is justice for them and why isn't that a criminal offense that's punishable by law?[/QUOTE]

I would like to pose a question since I am new to the boards. I had to ask myself today--why am I so fascinated with this case? Was it the mystery? My sense of needing justice? After reading about Jacob's responses like "What did i do wrong?" or how he wanted to go home and then cried, it made me numb for about a half hour. Well, I found an answer to my question--at least in part....A few days before I turned 14, one of my good friends I went to school with, Eugene Martin, was kidnapped and has never been seen again. At the time, I was terrified, super anxious, nervous, just horribly upset by the news. I wasn't just upset because of what happened to Eugene, but my parents explained to me what happens when a young person is taken (most likely)--which made me feel worse than I did because just a few months before this, my uncle by marriage had begun molesting me. Now--I'm saying this not for attention or whatever (because I have already come out with this information about 10 years ago)-but just to put you in my mindset today. A few months before this happened, my uncle had taken me to a motel and promised me that a girl was coming to have sex with us. I was excited and scared at the same time--I knew it was wrong, but I was 13 and very curious--not unlike most 13 year old boys. When this 'girl' didn't show up, he wanted me to 'practice' with him. I became scared because he wanted me to do certain things that I didn't want to do and I felt trapped in this room with him, so I bolted--at least I tried to. He blocked me from the door and we got into a wrestling match, and he was much stronger than me. He began choking me so hard I nearly passed out. I don't remember how I got him off of me--all I remember is somehow escaping, running outside the motel and crying. I tried to go to the front of the motel when he came out. I asked him to take me home. Stupid as I was, he could have easily taken me somewhere else and killed me. I wasn't thinking about that--I just wanted to go home. He took me home. I never told my parents or anyone until 2001, when I was 30. Now fast forward a few months in August to when Eugene was kidnapped. I wanted to tell my parents about my uncle but I was afraid either they wouldn't believe me or that I would be in a lot of trouble. So, hearing about Eugene really screwed me up inside. Then to top it all off about 3 weeks after Eugene disappeared, school started. Sometime in that first week (I can't remember if it was the 1st day or 2nd day--probably the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd day of school), I was walking to catch a bus with a friend. I wanted to walk another 5 blocks to catch the bus downtown so I could check out some new baseball cards. My friend didn't want to come with me so i went on alone. A few minutes later, I thought a car was following me, and i stopped to look and I was right. A man pulled up beside me and asked if i needed a ride, where I was headed. My "Eugene antenna" went up as I said no I didn't need one. I distinctly remember quickly looking for an escape route when the man turned into an abandoned lot to my right (he had to cross in front of me). He got out of his car and before his second foot could hit the ground I was gone. I was damn fast too. I ran maybe 2 or 3 blocks when he finally stopped following me after doing a U in the parking lot. I ran into the front office of a used car lot and called my Dad. We called the police, but yep---they never showed up. We left and went home.

So--I was thinking about this today--Why am I so interested in this case? It finally dawned on me this afternoon. I wanted to know what would have happened to me if this man had gotten ahold of me. Would I have cried out? asked to go home? Today has been unnerving to say the least. Looking back, it is hard to believe all that happened to me within a span of months, but it did. Nothing that dramatic like that has happened to me since then--at least not in a bad way. I guess today I put myself in his shoes and from experience, I could empathize with how he must have felt. So I ask you all--why are you so interested in this case? I'd like to know--maybe it will help me stop shaking and go to sleep--

Judge Judy always says, "If someone is telling you something and it doesn't make any sense then they are LYING to you!" I love Judge Judy and I trust her instincts.

*). Shooting a gun off right after you've seen the police car go by doesn't make any sense.

*). Running a loud piece of equipment in the middle of the night when you claim you are already spooked enough about getting caught that you loaded your gun and purposely shot your victim doesn't make any sense.

I've read that in two separate statements the bobcat was found with the keys in it, the bobcat was remembered and remembered where the key was KEPT.

I've run a bobcat and they are loud. They are not easy to run unless you have some experience. Even with minimal experience you could easily dig faster and deeper than with a shovel. It that were not true, banks would be giving construction contractors loans for new shovels not new bobcats.

*). A year later to happen by the burial site is not a coincidence it's a re-visit. Already admitted to taking the previous boy's underwear as a souvenir. No reason to believe this souvenir activity stopped for any reason.

*). Nobody just walks across the road onto someone's farm property with a bag of remains and a trench shovel without knowing something about that farm. And then to be able to go back years later after the trees had grown and changed the lay of the land and still be able to remember the tree line and how everything went? And expect us to believe this was a RANDOM act and randomly picked out?

*). Stating that you had never seen these boys before and didn't know who they were, yet 26 years later be able to recall all three of their names makes no sense.

*). Having your victim undress completely just to have him touch you doesn't make any sense.

I'm not buying any of it, and for that matter it doesn't matter. Something needed to be said in that courtroom today to bring this all to an end. We'll just never know the truth and that's that.

None of it matters anymore anyway. Jacob is home and they know where he is.

Makes all of us collectively sick to our stomachs.

In the press conference the question was asked if they knew of any other victims after Jacob and the answer was no - or not that I'm aware of. Maybe they do know of more and are keeping what they know hush, hush so they can investigate, build the case and can charge him with another totally seperate case. If they do he would be locked up for longer than 20 years.

For those here with no Bobcat/skid steer experience, it really is a simple piece of equipment. There are two pedals which control the bucket (heel/toe to go up/down and tilt) and two handles on each side of the seat which control each side of tires/tracks. Push both forward or backwards for that direction, push one or the other to go left and right.

If you can operate a car, you could drive one with a minute or two of practice. Your skills digging a hole wouldn't be great, but you could easily do it.

I never used one with the bucket on the front, but I have used one with forks to move pallets on a construction site a few times.

edit: forgot to add, there's also a throttle on the right, but you don't need to rev it up just to drive, just to lift/use attachments/etc.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Updated transcript based on new info. If the gravel pit is one mile up 23 from the farm, then the attached image shows where it is. And yes, it is just up the road and within sight of the "construction" business, which is an equipment supply store.

Snipped

Wonder if he picked that spot because the construction place was nearby?

Yes, I know he said he had his own shovel that didn't do the job....but just because he said it doesn't make it true. Maybe he intended to use the bobcat all along. In any case, he was familiar enough with the place to know where the keys were.

I hope LE is going over the site with a fine-tooth comb looking for others who are missing.

That isn't a "transcript".

That's a summery of someone who watched news reports!

Snipped

Wonder if he picked that spot because the construction place was nearby?

Yes, I know he said he had his own shovel that didn't do the job....but just because he said it doesn't make it true. Maybe he intended to use the bobcat all along. In any case, he was familiar enough with the place to know where the keys were.

I hope LE is going over the site with a fine-tooth comb looking for others who are missing.

I suspect the only truth to Heinrich's story is that he abducted and restrained Jacob, he drove him to a rural area, he assaulted him, and he shot him in the head. If there wasn't evidence of a bullet hole in Jacob's head, Heinrich would not have admitted to that detail.

One detail among many devastating ones today is: the three kids offering DH the videotape they had just rented at Tom Thumb. They must have been so confused and scared.

THIS.
I sobbed when I first heard this afternoon. Further waterworks directly ensued with Jacob's "What did I do wrong?"

derickson, I am sorry for what you went through. I hope you are starting to heal emotionally.
you should check to see where your uncle was when Eugene went missing.

He was able to show them where the body was after 27 years. He obviously remembers what he did and where he buried the body. He has no reason to lie on how he dug a hole-it doesn't change anything in how he will be punished.

What is the wildlife like in this area? I am surprised the initial burial site wasn't disturbed.

What is the wildlife like in this area? I am surprised the initial burial site wasn't disturbed.

I think it was disturbed and that's why he made the second site.

Whether it was wildlife or the elements of rain, snow and melting, wind, etc. IDK.

jmo

I suspect the only truth to Heinrich's story is that he abducted and restrained Jacob, he drove him to a rural area, he assaulted him, and he shot him in the head. If there wasn't evidence of a bullet hole in Jacob's head, Heinrich would not have admitted to that detail.

Isn't that his whole story? What difference does it make if he used Bobcat or not? How does it change any outcome for him? He isn't going to be prosecuted for the murder regardless of whether he used a shovel, or a Bobcat.

I would guess that we all know of people that have had bad childhoods, bad experiences or tragedy happen to them that have gone on to live normal productive lives. So, how does someone get this messed up to think that they have the right to kidnap, sexually abuse, assault, exploit, and murder? Not to mention, thinking they are justified in taking away and defining how the family and friends of the victims live the rest of their lives. This monster literally stole the lives of so many people, granted they are still living and breathing, but I guarantee you they are not living their lives the same as they would have prior to the day the crime was committed to them or their loved one. Where is justice for them and why isn't that a criminal offense that's punishable by law?

I would like to pose a question since I am new to the boards. I had to ask myself today--why am I so fascinated with this case? Was it the mystery? My sense of needing justice? After reading about Jacob's responses like "What did i do wrong?" or how he wanted to go home and then cried, it made me numb for about a half hour. Well, I found an answer to my question--at least in part....A few days before I turned 14, one of my good friends I went to school with, Eugene Martin, was kidnapped and has never been seen again. At the time, I was terrified, super anxious, nervous, just horribly upset by the news. I wasn't just upset because of what happened to Eugene, but my parents explained to me what happens when a young person is taken (most likely)--which made me feel worse than I did because just a few months before this, my uncle by marriage had begun molesting me. Now--I'm saying this not for attention or whatever (because I have already come out with this information about 10 years ago)-but just to put you in my mindset today. A few months before this happened, my uncle had taken me to a motel and promised me that a girl was coming to have sex with us. I was excited and scared at the same time--I knew it was wrong, but I was 13 and very curious--not unlike most 13 year old boys. When this 'girl' didn't show up, he wanted me to 'practice' with him. I became scared because he wanted me to do certain things that I didn't want to do and I felt trapped in this room with him, so I bolted--at least I tried to. He blocked me from the door and we got into a wrestling match, and he was much stronger than me. He began choking me so hard I nearly passed out. I don't remember how I got him off of me--all I remember is somehow escaping, running outside the motel and crying. I tried to go to the front of the motel when he came out. I asked him to take me home. Stupid as I was, he could have easily taken me somewhere else and killed me. I wasn't thinking about that--I just wanted to go home. He took me home. I never told my parents or anyone until 2001, when I was 30. Now fast forward a few months in August to when Eugene was kidnapped. I wanted to tell my parents about my uncle but I was afraid either they wouldn't believe me or that I would be in a lot of trouble. So, hearing about Eugene really screwed me up inside. Then to top it all off about 3 weeks after Eugene disappeared, school started. Sometime in that first week (I can't remember if it was the 1st day or 2nd day--probably the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd day of school), I was walking to catch a bus with a friend. I wanted to walk another 5 blocks to catch the bus downtown so I could check out some new baseball cards. My friend didn't want to come with me so i went on alone. A few minutes later, I thought a car was following me, and i stopped to look and I was right. A man pulled up beside me and asked if i needed a ride, where I was headed. My "Eugene antenna" went up as I said no I didn't need one. I distinctly remember quickly looking for an escape route when the man turned into an abandoned lot to my right (he had to cross in front of me). He got out of his car and before his second foot could hit the ground I was gone. I was damn fast too. I ran maybe 2 or 3 blocks when he finally stopped following me after doing a U in the parking lot. I ran into the front office of a used car lot and called my Dad. We called the police, but yep---they never showed up. We left and went home.

So--I was thinking about this today--Why am I so interested in this case? It finally dawned on me this afternoon. I wanted to know what would have happened to me if this man had gotten ahold of me. Would I have cried out? asked to go home? Today has been unnerving to say the least. Looking back, it is hard to believe all that happened to me within a span of months, but it did. Nothing that dramatic like that has happened to me since then--at least not in a bad way. I guess today I put myself in his shoes and from experience, I could empathize with how he must have felt. So I ask you all--why are you so interested in this case? I'd like to know--maybe it will help me stop shaking and go to sleep--

Quite honestly I'm very surprised after reading your accounting here that you were wondering WHY you were interested in Jacob's case? Do you think you have become that detached from what happened to you and your best friend? (Common to do that you know after that much trauma).

Also, have you ever considered your Uncle as a suspect in Eugene's disappearance? That would be a logical first place for me to look.

Thank you for sharing this. I hope you have a chance to talk with a qualified counselor about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993