Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
RT @adamgoldmanap: AP: official says Ryan Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.

can someone post a link to the First Thread. I can't find it

Omg the whole class.

My youngest is a kindergartner. I can't imagine how someone could see those tiny kids, with their smiles and eager faces, and want to do anything other than hug them all. They are so innocent at that age, and just starting to feel comfortable at full day school. They love to go, love their teachers... I cannot even begin comprehend how this has happened and how anyone manages to go on after something like this... :cry:

NBC news now saying the entire Kindergarten class was killed.

A friend gave me tequila today, as an early Christmas present. I think today is a good day for a drink.

Desperately need to go home and hug my DD.

It's in mod review for the mods to clean up the FB and Twitter links. It will return soon!

Members, please recap for those just coming in. I have to leave for a bit and will return later.

OMG! Obama crying as he gives a speech making me cry too.

Edit to add: It's NewTOWN not NewTON.

WHY are they making these poor parents all wait in one location for the governor to update them??? It seems very cruel and unnecessary to me. Maybe I'm missing something and its best this way? It just seems like a really wrong arrangement.

In the earlier press conference the police chief said they had not yet been able to contact all the parents of victims. They don't want those parents having to learn about the death of their child on tv.

A friend gave me tequila today, as an early Christmas present. I think today is a good day for a drink.

Desperately need to go home and hug my DD.

Share please.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

President Obama:

Condolences to Gov. Malloy on behalf of nation; promise of resources

"We've endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. I react not first as the president....but as a parent."

"The majority of those who died to day were children - beautiful little kids between five and ten years old."
President Obama: "They had their entire lives ahead of them. Birthdays, graduation, weddings. Kids of their own."
BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking
#Obama: "We have to take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies, regardless of politics"
President Obama: "This evening, Michelle and I will...hug our children a little tighter, and we'll tell them that we love them."
The President was emotional and paused for about five seconds after speaking of the children; he seemed to wipe a tear from his eye.

Where did the other thread go?

it was long, a fast mover and may have had some inadvertent really bad info and links that needed removing.

My bet is, all of the above were addressed in one fell swoop.

President Obama tearing up on television is making me cry....I feel just so, so sad today! :(

Boy, President Obama is choking up and crying. :(

The first thread got deleted, because the Twitter and Facebook pages of the shooter, turned out to be the wrong guy.

Obama crying, choking up, making me cry more :(

I leave in 8 minutes for my own kindergartners christmas play/concert.. they sing the cutest little songs and usually get half the words wrong and they wiggle instead of stand in straight lines and the boys poke each other instead of standing still...

The poor parents of these dead babies in CT.. will never get to see that.. I'm so sickened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson