OK OK - Sheila Deviney, 30, Maysville, 6 Jan 2004

Welcome to WS.

Can someone post the facebook account name for Sheilas FB that being built?
TIA

Sheila was a sweet dear friend of mine, but unfortunately I cannot help with the case...I was not around when Sheila and Tyson were together....dating or married. I was totally crushed when I found out that she had died, it was almost two years after the fact. I lived in Maysville from my 7th grade year until I graduated, and lost contact with her until after she and Tyson had already split up. Sheila was two years younger than me, but we became pretty close my senior year. But a week after graduation I left for Texas, and pretty much lost touch with her. But....this is very ironic....I had been married for a little less than three years to a verbally abusive man, left him and when I went back to Maysville to visit my mother, Sheila was on my mind. Don't quote me on all the details, I think the year may have been around 2001 or 2002, but I somehow got ahold of her and talked to her forever on the phone....anyway to make a long story short, she started telling me all the hell she had been going through with Tyson. I was shocked but so glad she was not with him anymore. I saw her around this time as well, that was probably the last time I saw her. This precious lady needs to have justice, for all of her family....and the two children that she left behind.

MaysvilleWarrior,

Great to see someone else on here who calls themself a Maysville Warrior. Welcome to websleuths although I am mostly a lurker who just reads and reads, rarely posts. You do have something to contribute. You knew Sheila and her friends. Maybe you can recall any of the specific things that she said to you about the abuse. Most people will tell friends the truth and make excuses to the family about what really is going on. Or maybe you can get in touch with some people that still live in Maysville and see if they remember anything about this case. This case is being hushed up and what needs to happen is for people to get talking and get mad and demand justice. I love my home town but I am so angry that Garvin County LE have done nothing to get to the truth of this matter.

Sheila was a sweet dear friend of mine, but unfortunately I cannot help with the case...I was not around when Sheila and Tyson were together....dating or married. I was totally crushed when I found out that she had died, it was almost two years after the fact. I lived in Maysville from my 7th grade year until I graduated, and lost contact with her until after she and Tyson had already split up. Sheila was two years younger than me, but we became pretty close my senior year. But a week after graduation I left for Texas, and pretty much lost touch with her. But....this is very ironic....I had been married for a little less than three years to a verbally abusive man, left him and when I went back to Maysville to visit my mother, Sheila was on my mind. Don't quote me on all the details, I think the year may have been around 2001 or 2002, but I somehow got ahold of her and talked to her forever on the phone....anyway to make a long story short, she started telling me all the hell she had been going through with Tyson. I was shocked but so glad she was not with him anymore. I saw her around this time as well, that was probably the last time I saw her. This precious lady needs to have justice, for all of her family....and the two children that she left behind.

Thank you for your memories. You never know, sometimes it's the slightest memory of one person that will jog something in another leading to an all important clue.

Peki51

Have you checked the facebook page lately? The daughter has posted. It's just too sad to see the fall out that happened with this family.

I have spoken with Sheila's mother. What a lovely lady. I am hoping to have her and Sheila's whole family and her friends join Websleuths. I'll be posting more later.

If anyone registered at Websleuths to discuss Sheila's case and was denied membership (it's an automatic software thing having to do with certain email extensions) please email me personally at tgrif@xmission.com

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Are there any links with visual aids someone can list?
The OSBI are very tight lipped about there unsolved cases from my experience.
The grand jury did not indict due to viewing soft evidence and nothing hard for them to hand down indictments on this case, though i am only speculating on that.

OT.
Hello Delilah, next time you chat with Angie, please give her a on line hug for me.

There just isn't much out there to link to here. I suppose because it was never properly investigated. I noticed that someone close to the case posted on the facebook site that there was proof that the ex-husband was NOT at work the morning Sheila was killed. hmmmmmm.

Are there any links with visual aids someone can list?
The OSBI are very tight lipped about there unsolved cases from my experience.
The grand jury did not indict due to viewing soft evidence and nothing hard for them to hand down indictments on this case, though i am only speculating on that.

OT.
Hello Delilah, next time you chat with Angie, please give her a on line hug for me.

Hi MrTT! Good to see you again! I most certainly will tell Angie hello for you!

This case definitely needs justice, and I feel it coming!

OMG I can't believe this case has not been investigated! This is so sad. Her poor children and family. I can't believe HE has custody of them! He is a killer! This case is so obvious. I am beyond angry.

MaysvilleWarrior,

Great to see someone else on here who calls themself a Maysville Warrior. Welcome to websleuths although I am mostly a lurker who just reads and reads, rarely posts. You do have something to contribute. You knew Sheila and her friends. Maybe you can recall any of the specific things that she said to you about the abuse. Most people will tell friends the truth and make excuses to the family about what really is going on. Or maybe you can get in touch with some people that still live in Maysville and see if they remember anything about this case. This case is being hushed up and what needs to happen is for people to get talking and get mad and demand justice. I love my home town but I am so angry that Garvin County LE have done nothing to get to the truth of this matter.

Why are some of Sheilas children/ family on her FB page complaining this is all BS and they wish we would all just mind our business and go away? Don't they want the person who did this to her punished???? I understand being under a microscope is difficult when something like this happens to your family member, but for Pete's sake, Justice has to be done!!! This woman was burned to death, for all we know. A horrible way to die, you would think her family would be championing for Sheila any way they could....JMO I don't understand.....

Why are some of Sheilas children/ family on her FB page complaining this is all BS and they wish we would all just mind our business and go away? Don't they want the person who did this to her punished???? I understand being under a microscope is difficult when something like this happens to your family member, but for Pete's sake, Justice has to be done!!! This woman was burned to death, for all we know. A horrible way to die, you would think her family would be championing for Sheila any way they could....JMO I don't understand.....

The complaining is by her daughter. She was 9 when her mother was murdered. She also lives with her father ad has for the last 6 years I think. It wasn't immediately ruled a homicide it was ruled accidental death and after 9 months, Sheila's parents were able to get it ruled correctly as a homicide. I don't think Sheila's daughter knows all of the facts or if the "facts" she knows are different than the truth KWIM.....I feel for the young lady. I think that most kids would find it difficult to be in her position. Also I think that Sheila's daughter was 2 when they divorced. Highly unlikely that she remembers much of what Sheila went through during the marriage. It also possible that she wasn't aware of all of the fighting over custody and especially the child support money. She doesn't know and I don't think she wants to either. Hope this helps a little.

Thank God for the local businesses that have raised $50,000.00 reward for info about Sheila.

Sounds to me like Sheilas ex husbands current wife might be divorcing him, nut they weren't specific. She might turn him in and like they said, $50,000.00 is a good nest egg to start over with!

abbie

Thank God for the local businesses that have raised $50,000.00 reward for info about Sheila.

Sounds to me like Sheilas ex husbands current wife might be divorcing him, nut they weren't specific. She might turn him in and like they said, $50,000.00 is a good nest egg to start over with!
abbie

It sounds like that to me too. I am looking for someone to confirm. I may not be able to post here since it will be just talk around town. This could be the break this case needs!! :woohoo:

$50,000 will get someone's attention/
who wants to live where LE etc doesn't want to protect you........
domestic abuse is everyone's problem!
Get involved!
It is an election year! Clean house........new sheriff! new judges!

now drew peterson...............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back