FL-Inmate: Movies In Jail Are 'Torture'

Tuffy

Not really that tough...
Reaction score
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25794885/detail.html

MELBOURNE, Fla. -- Inmates in a state prison or county jail often write letters to the media insisting on their innocence, claiming they have been wronged by authorities and lawyers or abused while incarcerated.

But James Poulin, jailed almost four years while awaiting trial for DUI manslaughter, complains of "torture" at the Brevard County Detention Center, saying inmates are forced to watch the same movies over and over and it is taking a toll.

Poulin, 45, blames Brevard County Sheriff Jack Parker.

"Parker gathered up a bunch of old (movies) he had laying around and played them over and over for the next year," Poulin wrote to Local 6 News partner Florida Today. "I have seen 'Black Hawk Down,' 'Pearl Harbor,' 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Battle Front' hundreds of times each, sometimes two or three times a day. ... Like the old Chinese water torture, the inescapable sounds of these movies over and over works on nerves and psyche."

:applause: Play it again!

Can you see my tears.....? .:angel:

I hope they are getting a bolonga sandwich every time they watch movies too. HE HE..

OMG, what torture. Maybe, you think, I should start writing Congress now?

Goz

Good deal. I am happy to know this and I hope it happens in every prison in the whole US of A. Should give the prisoners plenty of time to dwell on the positive things they could have done with their lives instead of being entertained and not having to think at all!

Maybe they are watching Ishtar over and over again. That should set them straight.

Goz

Maybe they are watching Ishtar over and over again. That should set them straight.

Goz

I'm starting to think his movie selection is too "high quality" too. Maybe some more B-listers. He'll wish he never complained about Black Hawk Down! :floorlaugh:

Will he say his fellow inmates are torturing him after they beat the pulp out of him for getting their TV privileges suspended.

Four years waiting for trial? I wonder what the rest of the story is.

I've got a copy of the Mothman Prophecies they can borrow....oh, and, "It Came From The Fog," or some such title...or maybe it was "The Bog"...

he he...that's pretty cool. Drive em mad -- they deserve it :) After all, we know everyone in prison is innocent - NOT.

Mel

imo he should feel lucky to even be seeing a movie. He's lucky they aren't making him watch Beautician and the Beast or Honey over and over.

I think they would appreciate movies like the Sound of Music and Mary Poppins........being the tough guys that they are.

LOL......in fact, how about straight musicals.

My brother is in prison im not going to say which state but it is a federal prison and he said its like being in an upscale hotel!...its no wonder we have convicts who keep reoffending....I dont have half the amenities my brother is getting!!

Am I the only surprised that all the titles listed are action/war flicks?

I thought the goal to was avoid "overstimulating" the prisoners.

Considering the fact that he's being held for DWI manslaughter, I think Mr. Poulin should be forced to watch a steady stream of those scary old defensive driving videos - the ghoulish ones like "Red Asphalt" and "Signal 40" - like they used to show to high schoolers testing for a license. Also, if MADD has any footage of survivor testimony, let's send that over, too.

I must've missed the provision in the constitution that states entertainment is an inalienable right. :rolleyes:

He can have my daughters collection of "Barney the dinosaur" videos. I have been tortured for years (she's 19 now LOL) being forced to watch them over and over and I am so done with them.

He can have my daughters collection of "Barney the dinosaur" videos. I have been tortured for years (she's 19 now LOL) being forced to watch them over and over and I am so done with them.

Oooh.. you are evil. :D I also, was subjected to Barney and his minions repeatedly singing songs that are designed to get stuck in your brain long after the Barney show is over. And I hadn't even committed a crime!

This. This is the perfect plan.

I think Mr Poluin meant well by taking movies in for inmates. In a jail, the turn over is usually pretty quick.

I also wonder with Joe why he is still awaiting trial. If he has a DWI manslaughter charge against him, it might take a long time to get the case to trial. but 4 yrs? Fl does 85% of their sentence if no mandatory, and now hes going to have 4 yrs jail credit. Interesting.

I have some old Barney videos they can have too. I'm hoping to erradicate them from my house before new baby gets hooked.

And, maybe they'll learn that if they lived their lives singing "I love you, you love me. . .' they wouldn't be subjected to the torture of watching Barney 20 times a day!

Personally, I recommend, The Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Oklahoma! They are all happy movies!

These are some of my favorites from when I was a kid but musicals were a total yuck for my dad! LOL!

wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back