Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager in 2006 *report released 2015* #4 *Dismissed*

I know it's been said before, but it has to be said again. For a people who want to be wholesome and pure, they sure are fixated on SEX. They idolize sex within marriage making it bigger than what it really is, and they demonize it outside of marriage, making it bigger than it really is.

They are whack about sex. Sex is absolutely fabulous, but to fixate on it warps it beyond reality.

I used to think they were okay people who were just misunderstood. I no longer think that! I think they are on the wrong path, and it's a dangerous path.

As for public criticism, I think that will just make them dig in their heels harder and they will react by thinking how much more work they have to do in the fallen world. Sigh. They aren't going to go away.
ITA. Good post.

Is this
a) because there might be pictures
or
b) because they define success as being uninformed, unthinking and ignorant but able to recite memorized Bible quotes
or c) both

Both. Especially the pictures part. Even Readers Digest might have a photo of a woman wearing workout clothes. And no one nearby to shout "Nike!"

The not being able to read anything would be painful for me. To make someone go that long without reading seems cruel. :(

Sidenote:
I've had inpatient treatment before and they usually took away all my magazines but I think it was more about keeping others from seeing them and being triggered. (Vogue and Shape were confiscated and I was never admitted for an eating disorder.)

I never would have made it without my own music though, same for everyone else I've known.

Learn about the issue? They never knew about it?

the sheer disconnect of tht statement is disturbing

What struck me about that particular verbiage was that it was totally disconnected from any personal experience. Very generic. As if this was all about other people, not them.

I have sympathy for the Duggar girls for having been victims of sexual abuse by their brother but beyond that it's very hard - for me anyway - to have a soft spot for them. Something stuck in my craw is Jessa's comments after her visit to the Holocaust Museum. That visit should have been a "teaching moment" to her in that people were murdered - not just Jews but Poles, Romani, the physically disabled, the mentally disabled, and even gays - because they were born as such.

Instead, she chose to make it all about evolution and abortion:

“I walked through the Holocaust Museum again today… very sobering,” Duggar wrote. “Millions of innocents denied the most basic and fundamental of all rights — their right to life. One human destroying the life of another deemed ‘less than human.’ Racism, stemming from the evolutionary idea that man came from something less than human; that some people groups are ‘more evolved’ and others ‘less evolved.'” She went on:

So they’re murdered. Slaughtered. Kids with Down syndrome or other disabilities. The sickly. The elderly. The sanctity of human life varies not in sickness or health, poverty or wealth, elderly or pre-born, little or lots of melanin [making you darker or lighter skinned], or any other factor. ” … May we never sit idly by and allow such an atrocity to happen again. Not this generation. We must be a voice for those who cannot speak up for themselves. Because EVERY LIFE IS PRECIOUS. #ProLife

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/30/dug...st_on_evolution_then_compares_it_to_abortion/
https://instagram.com/p/tY_PCYjfjZ/?hl=en

That she isn't able to see the irony in her own statements and the hubris that her own brand of religion is somehow better when it comes to loving and accepting one's fellow humans just boggles the mind.

It's safe and neutral to say that it was nice to learn more and people should talk more about this important issue...

However,the more Michelle had to learn from this show the more she didn't bother to read up and learn and find out about childhood sexual abuse when it was an acute issue in her family and all of her kids needed urgent help. JMO.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...reaking-the-silence-sexual-abuse-documentary/

The cameras followed Jill and Jessa Duggar, who were among Josh's victims, accompanied by their mother, Michelle, as they attended a seminar to help stop abuse before it starts. The seminar was conducted by the group Darkness to Light, and the group provides five steps for parents to help detect signs of abuse in their children and know how to react if it happens in their family. "It was amazing to understand that there are so many people that deal with this exact same thing in their own families," Jill said. "I feel like this should be a discussion that people are having, even regularly. It shouldn't be a taboo subject," Jessa added.

http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkG...p5_The_5_Steps_to_Protecting_Our_Children.htm

At least they got validation for their dorm ideology.

http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkG...bly_to_Protect_Children_from_Sexual_Abuse.htm

But nothing here says, "pray, cover it up and make molester do some carpentry"

Of course, the dorm idea completely overlooks the possibility of same-sex assault/abuse.

I have a feeling that the Duggars were originally featured more prominently, to test audience reactions to Jill and Jessa specifically. Then Josh Duggar struck again last week and they headed into the editing room at the last minute to reduce the amount of airtime the Duggars were given. :moo:

I suspect that that you are right regarding this being a trial balloon with regard to any future shows.

However, the scenes I would have like to see--and were probably NOT filmed because they didn't take place--would have been some conversation between the Duggar daughters and some of the victims that were featured telling their own stories. They really need to hear from someone else who has experienced abuse that confusion is a typical response and that love for the perp gets all bundled in with guilt at being unable to say no, to stop it from happening, or to tell an adult. Or the professional counselor might have been able to assure than that their denial is also a typical response--but it is one that masks pain.

Both. Especially the pictures part. Even Readers Digest might have a photo of a woman wearing workout clothes. And no one nearby to shout "Nike!"

The not being able to read anything would be painful for me. To make someone go that long without reading seems cruel. :(

Sidenote:
I've had inpatient treatment before and they usually took away all my magazines but I think it was more about keeping others from seeing them and being triggered. (Vogue and Shape were confiscated and I was never admitted for an eating disorder.)

I never would have made it without my own music though, same for everyone else I've known.

The "rehab" provides reading matter, that is, in addition to the Bible. Reading and memorizing the Bible is expected daily, as well as showing progress through a variety of materials that look like work books.

They seem to think that they can brainwash folks out of their addictions. And BTW--they claim to the be the answer to multiple kinds of addiction--including alcohol and drugs. I am guessing that they are looking for folks who have already detoxed, because they rather strongly suggest that if you have any medical issues you should be somewhere else, and that they don't have any medical care beyond first aid.

IMO, this comes of offering broad waivers of exemption when it comes to anything that can be claimed to be religiously oriented. The same church that is running the Reform Unanimous program there in Illinois also runs a school. In most states such church-operated schools are wholly unregulated by the state as educational institutions (meaning they can have whoever they want on their staff, whatever curricula they want, and whatever "discipline" they can get away with). Not surprisingly, some of these schools end up having major allegations (by former students) of varying kinds of abuse.

Soooo, when it comes to taking money from adults--who get even less protection than kids, apparently they can claim to be providing "treatment" without a single license therapist anywhere in sight. And, so far as I can tell, get away with it.

I especially liked "No fraternization or conversation with the opposite sex is permitted for any reason at any time."

Yeah, that's the way to go to promote healthy relationships to the opposite sex... you can ogle them as objects on the opposite side in the church but not talk to them - because talking might lead you to see them as people as feelings...

This rule has been proven to work time and time again at places like church camp, college dormitories, military barracks, boarding school, rehab centers....

Good question. Because it wouldn't have helped the Duggar show's ratings? Because Michelle doesn't actually care about supporting her girls? Because she thinks that appearing in a documentary on sexual abuse will somehow make people forget her religious beliefs that women "defraud" men by... well, by existing... and that it will somehow resurrect an interest in the Duggar family?

I'll just take my place behind y'all in the slapping line.

So will I. Just because something is called a documentary on a cable entertainment channel doesn't make it a actual documentary. The Duggars have chosen a path that requires exploitation of their children in exchange for money. Of course they will continue to defend and deflect. These are creepy parents and no way would I ever allow a small child to watch this circus as a form of entertainment.

I think what has happened was inevitable.

Snipped for focus

I am not so sure they have done "nothing" wrong. I distinctly remember when their interview with Megyn Kelly came out, they made some statements that were clearly lies. I can't remember specifics though.

Victims often downplay or deny their abuse though. Doesn't make them evil or bad people or worthy of scorn.

Over the weekend, during a Q&A at an event Jessa was a speaker of, Ben (of Ben and Jessa) said that he would not be shy to having HIS family filmed:

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-josh-scandal

However, the couple does not have a TV of their own. "Ben has a lot of books, but we don't have a TV, he reads the news on the laptop," Jessa said.

Her husband has books, her husband reads the news. What about her? Does she get any information about the world that doesn't come filtered through him?

Her husband has books, her husband reads the news. What about her? Does she get any information about the world that doesn't come filtered through him?

Does she have her own laptop, I wonder?

Jessa Seewald's Father-in-Law Says 'Wicked' Josh Duggar Is a Hypocritical Christian

"In commenting on this I do not wish to add any more distress to a family still recovering from the indignity of the publication of a police report detailing Josh’s sins as a teenager," Seewald began in a blog ...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20949291,00.html?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Yeah--whatever. They guy says Josh was a hypocrite and not really a Christian.

Frankly, I have some major issues with the circling of the wagons now. I know that there is a certain segment of the population who are snorkling up their sleeves and saying, "of course he's a Christian--and that's what Christians do. They are all a bunch of holier than thou hypocrites."

For me, it's not quite so simple as who is in or out of some Christian club. And there is hypocrisy aplenty to go around. The folks who are peddling this whole quiverfull non-sense are theologically way off-base, if you ask me. And so are the the snake oil salesmen running the pray away what ails ya' "Bible-based" faith healers wanna be rehab. And frankly, I think some of them must have some notion that their insides and outsides don't quite match up.

But--the more I read of folks who ultimately wriggle free of such cults, or clans or what-nots--I think that there are also some true believers in the nonsense. And the really sad and sorry fact is that when some of these folks finally realize how hurt they are and walk away, or are thrown out in some cases, the real serious damage is to their spiritual selves. That is, they have been fed a train load of beliefs about Christianity that primarily served the needs of some male head of household or head of church. And a part of THEIR healing process is finding a way to connect to a set of spiritual beliefs that are not bound up in patriarchalism and a lot of other mess.

So--for someone still on the inside to be calling Josh a hypocrite, and casting him out, well, I'd say that's pot meets kettle time.

Duggar Rehab Pastor Sentenced To 12 Years In Prison For Sex With Underage Girl

----------------------------------

RadarOnline.com can reveal that a former Reformers Unanimous counselor, Pastor Jack Allen Schaap, was charged with transporting an underage female across state lines for sex.

According to United States District Court documents, the 56-year-old clergyman— who brought the Reformers Unanimous program to his parish, the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana— had an “inappropriate relationship” with an “underage parishioner” referred to as Jane Doe in the summer of 2012.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-rehab-sex-secret-pastor-charged-sexual-assault/

Duggar Rehab Pastor Sentenced To 12 Years In Prison For Sex With Underage Girl

----------------------------------

RadarOnline.com can reveal that a former Reformers Unanimous counselor, Pastor Jack Allen Schaap, was charged with transporting an underage female across state lines for sex.

According to United States District Court documents, the 56-year-old clergyman— who brought the Reformers Unanimous program to his parish, the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana— had an “inappropriate relationship” with an “underage parishioner” referred to as Jane Doe in the summer of 2012.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-rehab-sex-secret-pastor-charged-sexual-assault/

The story just keeps going and going and going. No end in sight.

http://jezebel.com/tlc-aired-a-sexual-assault-documentary-that-didnt-menti-1727651391

But as strong as some segments of the documentary were, the show featured a Duggar-sized hole that many viewers may not have expected. Jessa, Jill, and Michelle Duggar were featured for a total of about two minutes, but watching them on screen, it felt like TLC was really doing the bare minimum to acknowledge what happened in their household. In fact, if one didn’t know about Josh Duggar’s crimes, watching his sisters (who have been confirmed as his victims) and mother speak would suggest that they were brought onto the show just as celebrity ambassadors, a couple of close-knit family members that just wanted to share the message that childhood sexual abuse was wrong.

Jill Duggar, too, made an effort to discuss ways in which she’d make sure to recognize sexual abuse, and while it was important to have the sisters there to learn how to stop the perpetration of molestation, it was surprising that their father as well as some of the other family members (such as the sisters’ husbands) were not present, making it almost seem like preventing abuse was a job for women and mothers as opposed to the entire family unit. Michelle Duggar’s response to the seminar, especially, felt hollow and forced as she smilingly focused on the bonding experience she and her daughters had as opposed to the fact that such abuse had been knowingly swept under the rug in her family.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944
http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/john-mcafee-how-no-one-got-laid-on-ashley-madison/

Annalee Newitz, in a recent Gizmodo article, did an outstanding analysis of the Ashley Madison membership profiles and concluded that fewer than 12,000 women were actually using the site. My own analysis concluded that the number was fewer than 1,400 women. Even using Annalee’s more conservative estimate, that means that there was one woman member for each 3,000 male members — a 3,000:1 ratio. Using my numbers, the ratio men to women, would be 20,000:1. It would be nearly impossible for the average male member to hook up with a woman using either ratio.

So I wonder if Josh really managed to hook up with someone through that site. It'd be like a lottery win.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back