TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...wait...I might be confusing these two girls with the same name....Kimberly S Doss from Iowa went by an alias of Kimberly Kathleen Gardner. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2919/2/ (Case #2919)

A "J Gardner" lived at 2436 Harwood Rd #387 along with L. Kennedy and D Truitt and L Truitt.

http://www.spokeo.com/TX/Bedford/2436-Harwood-Rd

These two missing Kimberly's could be sisters, they look so similar. Just to be clear, are you saying KRD looks like FLEK but KSD may have family connections who lived at her home? Is that what led you to lookup Kimberly Doss in the first place? Gardener/Gardner is a very common name and almost impossible trace without help from a living relative (see my screen name--I speak from experience).

Are you talking about the scar above the right eye?? Yes, it does~~~thanks for pointing that out.

So, weird~~I think she is KRD..but..the name associated with the Harwood Rd address lines up with the other KSD?

http://offonatangent.tumblr.com/post/6366592153/things-that-creep-me-out

Not sure if it's a scar, but no by "bump on her forehead" I mean the way FLEK had a vertical line running from the inner edge of each eyebrow up her forehead towards her hair line. Can't tell if it's a bump or an impression but Kimberly seems to have a similar vertical impression. I'll see if I can attach a picture.
attachment.php

Attachments

• foreheadbump.jpg
    foreheadbump.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 558
These two missing Kimberly's could be sisters, they look so similar. Just to be clear, are you saying KRD looks like FLEK but KSD may have family connections who lived at her home? Is that what led you to lookup Kimberly Doss in the first place? Gardener/Gardner is a very common name and almost impossible trace without help from a living relative (see my screen name--I speak from experience).

I'm not sure what the connection is...they do look similar. Just odd coincidence, I guess. I was following another lead Kimberly Harper a/k/a Kimberly Cozert missing from California. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29117/0/ (Case 29117) She went missing in 1977 and no one reported her missing until 1991~~then a few years later her mother went missing.

I stumbled across Kimberly R Doss doing an image search.

The bump on her forehead looks like a plate or something inserted from an injury. I say this because I went to school with a girl who, in the first grade, was in a horrid accident and had some thing similar on her forehead. Over the years, she had other surgeries because as she grew, the area must have needed medical attention. That how the foreheads of these girls look, as if there was something inserted. Wonder if it was caused by an accident at some point.

Not sure if it's a scar, but no by "bump on her forehead" I mean the way FLEK had a vertical line running from the inner edge of each eyebrow up her forehead towards her hair line. Can't tell if it's a bump or an impression but Kimberly seems to have a similar vertical impression. I'll see if I can attach a picture.

Respectfully, snipped by me for space...

Oh, I don't see it...but...look at this...FLEK has a double scar above her right eye..so does KRD...two other scars look to be in the same place too.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2021230766_zps9a487bf6-scar.jpg
    2021230766_zps9a487bf6-scar.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Capture-head scar.jpg
    Capture-head scar.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Capture-scars.jpg
    Capture-scars.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 342
Just FYI the Gardner that lived at that Harwood Address was a man so can't be either of the Kimberly's. I know you were probably thinking Jennifer but it's not. Interestingly, though there was a Joyce B that lived there and Kimberly Rae's mother was named Joyce (not the surname of the one on the record but I'll look into Joyce B a bit more).

Just FYI the Gardner that lived at that Harwood Address was a man so can't be either of the Kimberly's. I know you were probably thinking Jennifer but it's not. Interestingly, though there was a Joyce B that lived there and Kimberly Rae's mother was named Joyce (not the surname of the one on the record but I'll look into Joyce B a bit more).

Ok~~yes that is what I was thinking...Did Joyce B live in that Apt No.? See what you can dig up!!

Hmm..IDK those scars are hard to see in FLEK's pictures. The middle one seems the clearest. Weather you stumbled upon her by accident, or not, I think you should submit Kimberly Rae Doss with a summary of all the similarities. I'm still not sure though about her being missing for 8-9 years and then popping back up as FLEK--and in Texas where her mother happened to be living. Do we think the mother's story about her being taken by a motorcycle gang has merit? Or I wonder if her mother (or someone else) helped her escape/kept her hidden for 9 years and gave the motorcycle gang theory to keep whoever wanted to harm her from looking? Then by 1988 they found a way to give her a new identity and let her live her life. All just ideas at this point. I need to look into KRD's story a bit more.

ETA: I've got to tear myself away from the computer now for some family time but I'll be back. You've peaked my interest.

It's a good thought though that FLEK could have used records of a real life person with the same name to make her claims appear legit. I think she could have done that with the name Lori Kennedy too. One way to verify this claim would be for someone to get FLEK's entire name change request file. I've been very curious what she put as her reason for the name change and how she established her Dallas residency. Does anyone here know how to request the name change documents?

I suspect that there isn't much more to be learned in her name change documents -- but I would be as happy as anyone else to be proven wrong about that.

One area that I know contains more information about LEK than what has been reported are her bankruptcy records. (Pacer provides little more than a list of the records, not the records themselves.) These records would provide some hard facts about how much she owed & to whom, how much money she had & how she made it. (For instance, instead of knowing she owed money to American Honda Finance, we would likely know not only how much, but for what model car & when she bought it. Those details alone would provide hints about not only her income level but her attitude towards money, i.e., was she frugal? Did she live beyond her means?)

But investigating either of these would be a worthwhile activity. Anyone living in the Dallas area with some spare time willing to follow up? I'd be happy to share all the details I have about it to make it easier to research.

Hmm..IDK those scars are hard to see in FLEK's pictures. The middle one seems the clearest. Weather you stumbled upon her by accident, or not, I think you should submit Kimberly Rae Doss with a summary of all the similarities. I'm still not sure though about her being missing for 8-9 years and then popping back up as FLEK--and in Texas where her mother happened to be living. Do we think the mother's story about her being taken by a motorcycle gang has merit? Or I wonder if her mother (or someone else) helped her escape/kept her hidden for 9 years and gave the motorcycle gang theory to keep whoever wanted to harm her from looking? Then by 1988 they found a way to give her a new identity and let her live her life. All just ideas at this point. I need to look into KRD's story a bit more.

ETA: I've got to tear myself away from the computer now for some family time but I'll be back. You've peaked my interest.

I haven't thought much about the mother's story....can you locate the father? Mother was remarried, IIRC. Can we confirm whether or not the father is alive?

I have to tear myself away too~~I haven't got much done this weekend. Enjoy your family time!

One last picture...Age progression and FLEK's side by side.....Could this just all fit in with the Jackson on the note~~could she have been writing Jackson...ville as in Jacksonville, FL?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Age Progression Side by Side.PNG
    Age Progression Side by Side.PNG
    512 KB · Views: 314
CoverMeCagney asked that in the last thread:
Hi all, just wondering what the upshot was with the professor dude who reckoned DNA had been matched?

I recall he was working on the Somerton Man case - but I can't find it anywhere, what happened to that thread?!

When it was clear that the DNA match had nothing to do with this case, our interest in it sort of just died. (IIRC, it was discussed toward s the end of the "TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3 thread. Look there for further details) I had a look at the Wikipedia article on the Somerton Man, & there's nothing about it in the most recent version, so I'm guessing nothing came of it. (Some may believe that Wikipedia is unreliable, but for matters like the mystery around the Somerton Man IMHO if there were some new development in the case it would be included. It is one of those matters that attracts nerds who work on updating Wikipedia.)

It'd be nice if we could quote from closed threads to reply to them in active ones. (And I'm not sure where to post requests for feature improvements, let alone know if such requests can be acted upon.) Until that feature has been added to the Websleuths website engine, you work around this limitation by cut-n-pasting the text, high-lighting it, then click on the "Wrap QUOTE tags around the selected text" button . It doesn't produce the entire result one would want, but it's better than nothing.

It'd be nice if we could quote from closed threads to reply to them in active ones.
<rsbm>

Go to the post you wish to quote in the old thread, click "Reply With Quote", then with your cursor within that post, right-click for "Select All", then right-click for "Copy". Then in your post in the current thread, right-click and select "Paste"and proceed as usual.
:wave:

Oh...can I add the Cuban Food link...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joyce is a direct descendant of Senor Jose A. Escalante, who was a pioneer cigar manufacturer, founding the "La Corina" cigar factory in Palmetto Beach, Fla[/FONT]

http://jaimemontilla.com/corina

If FLEK was Kim she would be 48 when she left this earth. So that fits with her being suspected to be older than she claimed to be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Kimberly was 5'4 to 5'5 at 16 years old, FLEK was 5'10. Most stop growing by 15 and Kimberlys missing site doesn't mention any "growth type syndromes", I think she may have been looked at before?

Oh...can I add the Cuban Food link...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joyce is a direct descendant of Senor Jose A. Escalante, who was a pioneer cigar manufacturer, founding the "La Corina" cigar factory in Palmetto Beach, Fla[/FONT]

http://jaimemontilla.com/corina

I think it is worth submitting. From the wording in the mother's obit, it sounds as though she was genuinely anguished over never knowing what happened to her daughter (could be a cover-up I guess though). It is interesting that the mother moved to Tx - many parents of missing kids never move for fear that their missing loved one won't be able to find them if they do return, so it's quite the coincidence....

The physical resemblance was there and any differences could be accounted for by the time lag between the last KD pic and the first BST pic.

I'd love to know what happened to the Dad too. Doss seems like a fairly common name int he Jacksonville area but I'll keep looking today to see if I can figure it out. Someone with ancestry can probably get there much quicker if the divorce record between KD's mum and dad is on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member