IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't have a feeling that a firearm was used. A knife... who knows, but I keep thinking a knife was involved. Maybe that's what the police were looking for in the creek?

I do know during one of the police talks, someone asked if they were wet, and the man refused to answer. I don't know why I felt that was odd. I guess another fact that only the perp would know about

That artist drawing of what he might look like, WOW, great job!

I am stumped why this hasn't been found! The murderer in MS was captured quickly! Maybe the right tip has been called in but ti's so many they haven't gotten to it yet. One can only hope!

I think the BG used a large rock or tree branch and bludgeoned them to death. I also think he had the urge to kill, he saw the two of them and went through with it. That could explain why Abby and Libby were not identified at the scene! I still believe he is a SK, and has killed in other states.. You can read my post on page 58 post# 863 on the last thread and let me know your thoughts!!!

He may have used a gun initially but committed the murders in some other, quieter way. I am thinking a gun may have been necessary, at the least a stun gun, to control and corral two healthy teens, more or less adult-sized people.

I think the BG used a large rock or tree branch and bludgeoned them to death. I also think he had the urge to kill, he saw the two of them and went through with it. That could explain why Abby and Libby were not identified at the scene! I still believe he is a SK, and has killed in other states.. You can read my post on page 58 post# 863 on the last thread and let me know your thoughts!!!

I've seen this before where they delay identification and wait for the coroner to release. The most recent local-ish story was Shaylyn Ammerman. It was obviously her but the delayed the ID. In Indianapolis the will follow the same process often, even if they know the ID. It could be for several reasons waiting for the family to be notified to the condition of the body to [fill in the blank].

Wow, Independent, you REALLY went the extra mile to be helpful!!

I still think the perp is 5'8" ish. I don't know how to express this, but you look tall and he looks short. But honestly GREAT effort!!

I still think the perp is 5'8" ish. I don't know how to express this, but you look tall and he looks short. But honestly GREAT effort!!
I saw on MSM that a NYPD detective estimated that the suspect was around 5'10 to 6'0 tall. That's what I believe too, he looks around that height, probably 5'10 would be my guess.

The problem with confronting them on the bridge is that there's a good chance that one, or all, of them would fall off. If one of the girls lost her balance and fell, she could easily take him down with her. MOO

Perhaps it was a very soft confrontation. "I am a ranger/ police officer/ railroad official and you are trespassing private property here, ladies. It is illegal to cross this bridge and also very dangerous. I am going to ask you to step off the bridge.".. "Where were you going..?".. " Okay, then get down the hill and I am going to lead you back"

Libby pockets her phone and is recording in case of an arrest. The perp does not try to take her phone away - yet. At some point the girls may feel something isn't right and try to make a run..

Just my thoughts.

-Nin

This may have been already posted, but just in case..
http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/grandpa...-leave-emotional-note-at-police-headquarters/
DELPHI, Ind. – Family members of one of the teenage girls murdered in Carroll County are expressing their gratitude for the officers investigating the case.

Diane and Eric, the grandparents of Abby Williams, left an emotional note at the headquarters of the Delphi investigation Tuesday.
attachment.php

Attachments

• img_1812.jpg
    img_1812.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,025
For once I am thankful for the myriads of posts to read. Will keep my occupied at work tonight. Have been stuck here since 9pm last night and not looking to get home until tomorrow morning sometime. Have had a huge storm and I personally don't remember one worse than this.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Wanted to share something that happened today..
I live in a suburb outside of Detroit, MI stopped at a gas station on the way back to work. Standing in line, not paying much attention to the guy in front of me until he started speaking to the attendant about his debit card. His accent which sounded country (to me) stood out then looking up his camo hat then his blue jeans right down to his Brown worn down cowboy boots! White male, I'd say 30ish. He says Am I able to use this or cash? 'Cause where I'm from, certain stations won't allow. Attendant says either is good. His reply was Yaw'll to kind around here! As soon as he said he was from Indiana I chimed in asking where abouts? He said Waterloo? (Hope spelt right) I brought up about the girls murder and how sad and disgusted it made me. In his accent said Pure evil and stated he felt it was a local and has done this before hasn't been caught but giv'em time he'll get what's coming. What I noticed how fast he said it and ran the words together.
He looked nothing like the POI. Just wanted to share my encounter.
I have faith LE will catch this .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I have a niece about the age of the victims and live about 90 mins from Delphi. It's personal. Kids can't even go for a damn hike anymore without having worry about stuff like this. We need to get this SOB and fast.

While the "artist rendering" is an excellent work of art, it has no bearing on this case unless it is a sketch that is released by law enforcement.

All posts containing it have been removed.

You won the interwebz for tonight, IMO.

You appear to be a rather youngish man, and you say you have those items of clothing around as do most people in IN.

I thought this to be true all along. Not "Dad Jeans", but non-cosmopolitan jeans.

I'm 35, should have included that in the picture, DOH!

For those interested, here is a report from after the time of the initial search. Descriptions of the clothing the victims were wearing is included:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

A post in the last thread brought up "calling cards".

I can't find a link for it, but remember a LE guy saying something about the bodies being found upstream, which we know, but also something about being found "against the flow" of the creek.

What might that mean?

I believe it was stated that the girls were dropped off at the N entrance and that entrance was 1 mile approx. to the begining of the bridge.Reference:

"An average person can walk one mile on a flat, well-groomed surface in 17 to 20 minutes. A fit person walking briskly can walk a mile in 13 minutes. An estimated average walking speed for calculating how long a hike or walk will take is around 3 miles per hour." I find this accurate.

I'm a mid forties female and when I'm in good shape walking for fitness I can do a mile in between 11-13 min. If I'm doing it for pleasure walking with my husband or girlfriend that mile can easily be 20-25 min.

I've been thinking about myself at that age..... Our home was almost 1 mile to the nearest store. In the summer months my friends and I would take that walk a couple times a week. We never made that walk (1way) in less than 1/2hr. We'd get distracted.....stop along the way, show something to one another, joke around, dance, cheer and so on. I remember back to my own youth, back to my own children's and I know how terribly distracting that age group is!

These were 13/14 year old girls out walking on day off from school with at least 1 cell phone that we know of! Parents, how distracting is a cell phone? They had several different SM sources, probably music, as well as the ability to text and call! Combine that with possibly seeing a squirrel? In my opinion you have at least 1/2 hr mile!

One other thing about time......I believe I read that the drop off time was 1:00 with planned pickup at 3-3:30? We don't know if someone actually looked at the clock in the car or on the phone and saw an exact time! It could have been an approximation. Time these days always seems to be an approximation for many, 1:00 means different things for different people. For some it can be 12:50(love them) for others 1:15 arghh!

Be safe, Alison. I assumed the storm range was more midwest and southern US.

Do you have flooding in Ont?

Sorry for O/T. Waiting for news....anything.

For once I am thankful for the myriads of posts to read. Will keep my occupied at work tonight. Have been stuck here since 9pm last night and not looking to get home until tomorrow morning sometime. Have had a huge storm and I personally don't remember one worse than this.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

<snip>
His reply was Yaw'll to kind around here! As soon as he said he was from Indiana I chimed in asking where abouts? He said Waterloo? (Hope spelt right) I brought up about the girls murder and how sad and disgusted it made me. In his accent said Pure evil and stated he felt it was a local and has done this before hasn't been caught but giv'em time he'll get what's coming. What I noticed how fast he said it and ran the words together.

<snip>

In the more rural areas of Indiana this is more common to hear one speak with a southern drawl. But it common throughout the state to hear people run words together. As well as put an R in wa(r)sh and speak other words different.

Thank you mods; for your never ending dedication to this website. Your work makes Websleuths the best there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam