South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that school administration across the country reads about this and is proactive to help stop bullying in schools. I pray parents around the country read about this and are proactive if their children are the bully or the bullied.

RIP Phoebe, I'm praying your story changes lives for the better.

my problem here is they didnt convict that mom of bullying for that girl who killed herself over the emails she sent her.

can things change here? this is massachusetts after all......pedophiles get 1,000 cash bail and murdering nanny's get time served

I really hope they can get justice for this poor kid....this is so sad...

It truly bothers me that a teacher in the library that day witnessed these jerks tormenting this poor girl and did nothing.....wth??

(((hugs))) to all of those who shared their stories here, especially Not My Kids..

what great words of wisdom...I only wish that some teacher had helped Phoebe like that....what a great reminder that little things can make a difference

I added tags so that they can find themselves here on WS...yes they are juveniles, but they have been named and charged.

Such a heartwarming story-NOT. Who raises their kids to be this mean?

i'd make a sarcastic remark about frontal lobes but i wore that out on other threads.

Pics of some of the perps at the below link. I wonder what's behind not releasing three of the names?

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...cide-list-of-suspects-charges-25-apx-20100329

(snip)
Three 16-year-old South Hadley girls, whose names were not release, face delinquency charges of violation of civil rights with bodily injury resulting, criminal harassment, and disturbance of a school assembly, criminal harassment, and assault by means of a dangerous weapon.

Pics of some of the perps at the below link. I wonder what's behind not releasing three of the names?

Respectfully snipped. I heard that some of them were charged as adults, and some were not. The three names that were not released may have been charged as juveniles? But then...it does list that some are charged as a "youthful offender", so I guess I don't know.

This story brought me to tears when I read it elsewhere. Then I started reading deeper into it and found out she was raped by 2 ***holes.

I am so pissed. Bullying is too abundant in this world, it's becoming hard to notice. We need a change.

This story brought me to tears when I read it elsewhere. Then I started reading deeper into it and found out she was raped by 2 ***holes.

I am so pissed. Bullying is too abundant in this world, it's becoming hard to notice. We need a change.

They are charged with statutory rape, which means she was under age of whatever is considered the age of consent at that state.

its statutory cause its' not like she can testify it was other, can she?

its statutory cause its' not like she can testify it was other, can she?

Well she can't testify to anything, which didn't stop charges of statutory rape. So how do you suppose prosecutor is going to try and prove statutory rape?
I have no idea how 17 year old can even be charged with statutory rape because he is also a minor.

Uhhh wouldn't he have to be 18+ for statutory? And there were two people when she only dated 1 jock...

It seems to me that there are alot of details left out. I'm hoping the probable cause statements will be released soon on the perps charged as adults at least.

Uhhh wouldn't he have to be 18+ for statutory? And there were two people when she only dated 1 jock...

I watched the press conference by the prosecutor. Nothing was alleged about any kind of forcible rape. Prosecutor was talking about the girl being harassed because of teen dating relationship.

I'm just really confused as to why there are two boys being charged with statutory rape and not just the one jock she might have dated.

http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/news/x1336920132/9-charged-with-bullying-Mass-teen-who-killed-self

snip~Scheibel said the harassment began in September, occurring primarily in school and in person, although some of it surfaced on Facebook and in other electronic forms. At least four students and two faculty members intervened to try to stop it or report it to administrators, she said.

Schiebel refused to discuss the circumstances of the rape charges.

No school officials are being charged because they had "a lack of understanding of harassment associated with teen dating relationships," and the school's code of conduct was interpreted and enforced in an "inconsistent" way, Scheibel said.

"Nevertheless, the actions — or inactions — of some adults at the school are troublesome," she said. ~ end snip

No officials at school were charged because of a lack of understanding of harassment associated with teen relationships? Where were they raised on Mars? Ridiculous and unacceptable. This families loss can never be measured. Phoebe was found in the staircase of their apartment building by her little sister. God bless her.

According to articles I have read 50 people were interviewed by police, 50 people had knowledge of what was being done to this 15 year old girl for 3months. and no-one said or did a thing. Unacceptable.

I despise bullies. It was bad enough when I was in school and that was without cell phones and the internet wit facebook and all the other social networking sites which give bullies free rein to bully anonymously. I believe there are many problems that have led to bulling becoming so much worse in recent years. One of the problems are schools being to quick to look the other way. I hope and pray this is changing as many schools have adopted a zero tolerance policy and there are now programs in place top teach children how wrong and bad bullying is and not to let others be bullies as young as preschool. The biggest problem I think is parents that have the "not my child" syndrome. You know 30 years ago if a child was sent to the principal for bulling that were probably more scared of the punishment awaiting them at home. That is not the case now in so many homes. That is why I believe they need to enact some very strict anti bullying laws no matter the age of the offender. Make the punishment so stiff that they will not want to bully anyone ever again. Expel them and criminally charge them. Until a message is sent and examples are made of these bullies I am afraid this will problem will get worse.

First, I want to preface this by saying, there should be ZERO tolerance for bullying. I am in no way excusing or diminishing what happened, nor am I blaming her parents.

but.............................

I can't for the life of me understand HOW and WHY the parents of this beautiful child sent her off to school everyday!

If a parent learned their 15 year old daughter's boyfriend was treating her badly, hitting and belittling her ..I am certain the parent wouldn't pat her on the head and send her off on another date with him. I view this no differently.

Parents do need to take responsibility for their own child's safety & welfare. It should be BLANTANTLY OBVIOUS that no one else was going to....and certainly not this school administration.

Of course parents should be able to entrust their child to the school for a free education..... but, we also know that simply isn't true.

For Pete's Sake....if you bring a child into this world, adopt a child, or are otherwise responsible for the welfare of a child....protect that child!

have you stopped to consider maybe her parents did not know. I was bullied around that age and was ashamed and never said a word to my parents. Maybe their 1st warning sign was when she committed suicide. maybe both parents worked full time and could not home school her or could not afford another method of schooling. As long as the law requires that children attend school then they should make absolutely every effort towards assuring that there is a safe environment ion which to do it. I do not believe what so ever that any finger at all should be pointed at these grieving parents.

have you stopped to consider maybe her parents did not know. I was bullied around that age and was ashamed and never said a word to my parents. Maybe their 1st warning sign was when she committed suicide. maybe both parents worked full time and could not home school her or could not afford another method of schooling. As long as the law requires that children attend school then they should make absolutely every effort towards assuring that there is a safe environment ion which to do it. I do not believe what so ever that any finger at all should be pointed at these grieving parents.

I think if you re-read my post....I agreed with you... They should...but they don't!

I clearly stated, I wasn't blaming the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.