We the Jury! Deliberations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed they can, nurse -- let's hope that is the clarification they were after. There must be 12 votes total (unanimous) on one or the other -- each method is murder, they are just different ways of causing it.

Maybe someone else can explain it better....

About two years ago a man committed the Farmville murders - he killed two teenagers, one of their mothers and the father who entered the house at a later time. This happened in Virginia - there are threads on WS. Anyway, I remember he was charged with eight or ten or counts of murder. I tried back then to understand it, but never could completely understand the differentiation in the charges as he killed four people.

Some states issue charges this way while some do not.

This is intense. Please, please, please give me faith in the jury system.

CNN online is live -- I couldn't get the link to post

Jeanine Pirro ‏@JudgeJeanine
Courtroom packed with press and family. I'm with Savio family. We wait for the jury. We want justice.

Oh my lord.... verdict watch is excrutiating! I have a good feeling but I am spooked since the Anthony case, so my stomach is flip-flopping like mad.

Nurse, throw me a pillow! lol

Start migrating over here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8337854#post8337854"]The VERDICT! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

even though I'm temperature very hot right now the hair on my arms are standing up!

HLN has a verdict, but they haven't announced it yet, neither has the Chicago Tribune. OMG, this is my first post and I can't believe I'm wasting it on this dude. I really hope it's guilty.

I guess the whole Anthony debacle just really tempered me, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Please tell me that some of you have at least one busy body OLD WOMAN in your life!!! Gahhh!!!! I tried everything to be nice and say I am on verdict watch. "who cares about him'? I DO! I want justice for Kathleen!!! TG, I finally said I am getting off this phone! Sorry, but I am so glad that I did not miss this verdict!!! :banghead:

So my Mom found your phone #, eh? Sorry about that. ;)

For some reason I can only picture the jury asking what unanimous means if there is a guilty verdict. Not guilty would be flat out ,and a split jury would not be a verdict ,so it must be GUILTY,right?

:eek::eek: Verdict is in !

:please: :please: :please: :please:

:rose::rose::rose::rose:
dog, can I just say that I love your use of smilies? I can always tell dog is in da house when I see your artful arrangements!:rocker:

Don't worry, it's not a hung jury. There is a verdict. Which fingernail goes next???

I can understand the confusion and question about "unanimous" but it's only because I am totally unfamiliar with the way the Guilty/Not Guilty ballot is constructed in Illinois.

There are two methods of bringing the victim to his/her death on the ballot given to this jury. A "yes" on either one counts as Guilty.

All ballots are tallied from all 12 jurors --

Any combination that adds up to 12, after counting a vote on either of the two methods, is a Guilty Verdict for the defendant. Could be 8 of Method2 an 2 of Method1; or 7 on one and 5 on the other; or 12 on Method2 for instance.

HTH

OMG I am so nervous. It better be Guilty.

Sorry all have been lurking, but cannot hold back anymore. Justice for Kathy Savio!!!!!

I am totally on pins & needles too!! It better be guilty....please be guilty!:please:

People ARE still looking for Stacey but it's difficult because we believe he dumped her from his little plane. We have so much water, quarries, farmland, open farmland etc..... so many places. But we haven't given up hope of finding her by plain accident.

pleasebeguiltypleasebeguiltypleasebeguilty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong