FL FL - Terrance Williams, 27, & Felipe Santos, 23, Collier Co, 2003 & 2004

I've been certain for years that Calkins murdered both of these young men. How many more before that? Who knows? As long as he keeps his mouth shut until death, there seems to be no physical evidence to connect him to them.

1) It has to be obvious that this ex-deputy was the last person to see both Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos.
2) In Terrance Williams & Felipe Santos's case, they have eyewitnesses that place BOTH missing persons as being placed in the vehicle of Steven Calkins the day they disappeared.
3) In the case of Terrance Williams, L.E. Has actual recordings that catch out this ex-deputy in MULTIPLE lies and inconsistencies.
4) They have racially (and socio-economic slurs on tape that show an extreme bias against individuals without proper vehicle registration and/or insurance coverage.
AND
If the suspect wasn't a L.E. Agent, (i.e. I find it difficult to believe if L.E. any where else in the Country has that much circumstantial evidence against the average citizen, that the suspect would not have already been arrested and convicted by now!!)

Something else, I've seen others on another website point out vehicle GPS, what about his cell phone GPS tracking?, Come on, that's basic investigation (and you can't convince me that with the circumstantial evidence that they couldn't find a judge that would be willing to issue a warrant or subpoena for that information, because that's just b.s.! Not with all the circumstantial evidence).

Responding to this very old post, because I just watched the Disappeared episode again, and this pretty much sums it up. They didn't have "probable cause" for a search warrant because they didn't want to have probable cause. Terrance's parents had to keep pushing just to get them to force him to fess up about having contact with Terrance.

Sorry, but these kinds of cases are why I believe LE are a necessary evil, but I don't trust them one bit. It's not just about "one bad apple", as they like to claim; it's about all the other apples covering up the bruises. They have too much power over life and death to get away with this.

It's the kind of thing I have seen locally, as well as nationally, so I am not pointing fingers at a specific jurisdiction. My state is no better than Florida in this regard; our racist organizations are just the "border militias" instead of the Klan.

Terrance and Felipe deserve justice, but the foxes are guarding the hen house, so they won't get it. The way things have gone with others like him, it wouldn't surprise me if another department gives this guy a badge and gun again. So angry and sad for these men and their families.

1. Everyone seems to think it was a short time from "dropping Terrance off" to going back to his car and not enough time to kill and possibly dispose of his body, but what if he had some how gotten him into his trunk?

2. Is it possible that the reason why these two cases were documented was only because there were eye witnesses, and possible in previous unknown cases, there were no eye witnesses, therefor no need for documentation.

3. Why weren't all of this man's previous documented interactions with civilians investigated?

Sad these two families will probably never get answers and this man will go on and live a normal life. Even more sad is that they found obvious reasons as to why these men may "want" to disappear and those reasons could possibly cause enough reasonable doubt to never get a conviction.

I do not know the area in which they got lost, but is there REALLY such a good chance that BOTH of them were killed by alligators? Or BOTH of them succumbed to the weather or the environment? I can believe it could happen to one person - but both?? I don't know ....

[

I'm just a short drive from Naples, Florida (Fort Myers here) and every time this case is on Disappeared it makes me so angry. ..... It drives me crazy every time I hear them say there was no "probable cause" to search Calkin's home, but there was enough probable cause to search his vehicle and put a GPS tracking device in it to trace his movements. BS.
I have also only just learnt of this case. I think the police were able to both put a tracking device on the car as well as do forensic driven search because it was 'their' car! Thus no warrant needed.

That cop is on facebook. He lives in Fort Myers now. He follows a page that is nothing but on the ground video footage of soldiers killing people, and one of the friend he converses with most often tortures and kills animals because they think it's funny.

I wonder how many other people's deaths he's been responsible for.

1. Everyone seems to think it was a short time from "dropping Terrance off" to going back to his car and not enough time to kill and possibly dispose of his body, but what if he had some how gotten him into his trunk?

2. Is it possible that the reason why these two cases were documented was only because there were eye witnesses, and possible in previous unknown cases, there were no eye witnesses, therefor no need for documentation.

3. Why weren't all of this man's previous documented interactions with civilians investigated?

Sad these two families will probably never get answers and this man will go on and live a normal life. Even more sad is that they found obvious reasons as to why these men may "want" to disappear and those reasons could possibly cause enough reasonable doubt to never get a conviction.
I agree with #2. I'm sure there are more, we just don't have any witnesses.

Or he just knows the police can typically get away with a lot in the right circumstances. For me the fact there has been a 100k reward out there that remains unclaimed means that this all starts and ends with 1 person or people that have a lot to lose if anything comes out. You say he did nothing to cover his tracks however the phone calls, moving his Farsi it would be towed and te lying all says different.

Missing Collier men Terrance Williams, Felipe Santos remembered at ceremony

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...-felipe-santos-remembered-ceremony/796757001/

Santos and Williams disappeared within three months of each other in late 2003 and early 2004, respectively.

Both were last seen alive by Collier County Sheriff's Cpl. Steven Calkins, who was fired after he became uncooperative in the investigations and gave conflicting statements about the missing-persons cases.

Santos, who was 23 when he disappeared, was involved in a minor crash in North Naples on Oct. 14, 2003, while on his way to work with his cousin. Calkins was dispatched to the crash and arrested Santos on suspicion of driving without a license.

Santos was never booked at either of the county jails. Calkins told Sheriff's Office investigators he dropped him off at a nearby Circle K.

Almost three months later, on Jan. 12, 2004, witnesses told investigators they saw Calkins pull Williams over. Williams, who was 27 at the time, was suspected of driving with an expired tag. The deputy said he dropped Williams off at a Circle K instead of arresting him.

The men haven't been seen or heard from since.

That cop is on facebook. He lives in Fort Myers now. He follows a page that is nothing but on the ground video footage of soldiers killing people, and one of the friend he converses with most often tortures and kills animals because they think it's funny.

I wonder how many other people's deaths he's been responsible for.

Did anyone else see that he updated his FB cover photo to a picture of a Circle K? Disgusting.
https://www.facebook.com/steve.calkins.3760

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back