APM's In The Dark Podcast Series

...and thus, the chapter 'A Stearn Reality'...

I think it was everywhere. I know as a teacher, we had no mandatory reporting. We had no training. I remember a case that teachers talked about, but it was with disgust not with any understanding of the seriousness of it. I look back at the girls we labelled as "*advertiser censored*." I bet anything they were sex abuse victims.

Never heard of it as a kid. But I know now from friends that have been friends with me since grade school that it happened to kids we knew. But not then

Yeah right, your right i should forget about those details
*But then again talking about The nessesary details with the other victims, all of the media , all the investigators , and all of the bloggers (Joy & P.M. ) and the rest of the sleuthing community .

Is what Lead to the Truth,
Dan Rassier was innocent like i stated all along , Hart was a factor in this case as I believed , the paynesville attacks were not examined to the full extent ,and as the case files will soon show there were times during all these cases that LE showed a level of incompantance and unwillingness to aquire certain details that would have ended this alot sooner.

Soooo, you say "lets forget the worst aspects of case ."

* like details that lead an investigation team to a closed case ?

You'd still be talking about Dan Rassier being "the guy" if I would have not talked about it .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you Jared.

This will get erased by the mods but I don't give a hoot...I've been sick and tired of sasquatch pinning this crime on Dan Rassier for YEARS!!! you too human

I hope Dan sues their asses too!

Thank you for saying this Jared.

Thank you Jared.

This will get erased by the mods but I don't give a hoot...I've been sick and tired of sasquatch pinning this crime on Dan Rassier for YEARS!!! you too human

I came out hard against Dan in the beginning, then began to call for LE to convict or clear him. The whole time LE had hidden tire tracks and a shoe print from the public that was consistent with a possible pedophile out of Paynesville. I saw something and I wasn't going to stop til we got to the bottom of it.

Thank you Jared.

I don't hold Sas or any other posters accountable. The mistake they made, which are really pretty common in the US and perhaps most countries, is inherent trust in authority. There may be some underlying distrust in those who are perceived as " different" but I think this is less of a problem.

What I am trying to come to grips with is what was Sheriff Sanner thinking. Some on this board assumed that he had some evidence he was holding back. It turned out he had substantial evidence on somebody else, yet he still went after Dan.

Good cops make mistakes. Incompetent ones make more and they are less likely to realize it when they are wrong. The worst however, are the ones who go after somebody, anybody when they feel political pressure to solve a crime.

I don't hold Sas or any other posters accountable. The mistake they made, which are really pretty common in the US and perhaps most countries, is inherent trust in authority. There may be some underlying distrust in those who are perceived as " different" but I think this is less of a problem.

What I am trying to come to grips with is what was Sheriff Sanner thinking. Some on this board assumed that he had some evidence he was holding back. It turned out he had substantial evidence on somebody else, yet he still went after Dan.

Good cops make mistakes. Incompetent ones make more and they are less likely to realize it when they are wrong. The worst however, are the ones who go after somebody, anybody when they feel political pressure to solve a crime.

It was not just Sanner. FBI. BCA. The belief by Patty. The BCA and FBI hire really smart people.

If only I could have identified him [emoji189]

Don't do that to yourself😔 I don't know you, and you don't know me, however at that time..you were a INNOCENT CHILD!
If this comment is meant to be nothing but sarcasm..( your emoji doesn't show on Tapatalk )
I get it..from your perspective, yet it makes me sad and pisses me off even more that ANYone had the mindset from the get go..to look to YOU ( be it blame, answers, or otherwise ) in the first place! As a MOTHER, and a SURVIVOR..I can't fathom trying to justify putting ANY amount of pressure on a CHILD that's been through such trauma..10 years ago..25 years ago.. or the next day, period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah right, your right i should forget about those details
*But then again talking about The nessesary details with the other victims, all of the media , all the investigators , and all of the bloggers (Joy & P.M. ) and the rest of the sleuthing community .

Is what Lead to the Truth,
Dan Rassier was innocent like i stated all along , Hart was a factor in this case as I believed , the paynesville attacks were not examined to the full extent ,and as the case files will soon show there were times during all these cases that LE showed a level of incompantance and unwillingness to aquire certain details that would have ended this alot sooner.

Soooo, you say "lets forget the worst aspects of case ."

* like details that lead an investigation team to a closed case ?

You'd still be talking about Dan Rassier being "the guy" if I would have not talked about it .

:goodpost:

How does any of this get Heinrich to confess earlier? Like I've been saying they found him in 89, they interrogated him and followed him for weeks, nothing could ever be done by anyone until Heinrich was in a situation where he would choose to confess, much older and life in prison against him. There is such a better story to be concentrating on than notes or this or that.

Do you really want to hop on this Heinrich go round..again?? We've been over and over and over it:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
Some folks will ALWAYS believe there is/was NOTHING LE could've done differently. A different place..time..blah blah.. I get it. I accept and respect how they feel about it..I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT.

" Oh, but they had him under surveillance for months " IMO, LE should have been MORE discrete..they should have followed him LONGER! Heinrich KNEW he was being watched!! Do you HONESTLY think he would have gotten out of line?? Seriously??? Let us put a CHILD ABDUCTION SUSPECT on WATCH..and if he finds out, oh well.
This is ONE example of SOMEONE in LE who had it in their GUT about him! They KNEW.,..at least then. They KNEW!! ( LOOK..I'm AGREEING WITH YOU HERE ) According to many posts I've followed..because they " didn't have enough evidence & the law is the law " they just, what? Left?
YEP! Yes..they simply LEFT.

They LEFT Heinrich to carry on..doing GOD knows what to INNOCENT children and went after DAN R...all the while poor Jacob ( may he rest in peace ) is buried in a field and those 2 sickos are hanging out at the original place of burial!!
To ME..ALL of THAT is indeed DISTURBING.
JMO

I don't think the issue was getting him to confess earlier, I think the issue is that LE "forgot" about him. The circumstantial evidence that Heinrich was Jacob's abductor was very significant. Additionally, there was physical evidence in Jared's case, in the form of fibers in his car matching fibers from Jared's clothing. The bottom line, IMO, is that they knew or should have known that Heinrich was the abductor. Proving it, yes that's another matter. Going after someone else, namely Rassier, was baseless IMO. The whole claim about waiting for science to evolve to nab Heinrich severely contradicts the actions that Stearns committed against DR.

I agree with your prior point that perhaps the In The Dark series may have jumped the gun on some conclusions, as future releases of investigative files may shed new light and fill some holes. However, I know first hand how thorough Madeleine Baran was with her research into this. There are many, many things she left out of the podcasts that weren't quite certainties. I believe time will show the series will be highly accurate in its conclusions.

BBM

Excellent points made here:cheers:

It's sad that some people will devote the rest of their lives blaming LE. They have to act according to law and they got their confession under miraculous circumstances. Could it have been done any other way or sooner? Most likely not. Everything fell into place and the professionals acted when they found an opportunity for confession. These podcasts are jumping the gun, they're not sitting back and thinking it through enough.

The " miraculous " part?? Could you explain how the circumstances were miraculous? Perhaps I missed something?

I don't know if you have children or not? ( does it matter? IDK ) IMO, and for myself..BLAMING vs. ACCOUNTABILITY..very different.

BLAME= the perp/sicko who did this to poor Jacob!! Heinrich.
ACCOUNTABILITY= As a mother..an 11 year old CHILD is ABDUCTED, SEXUALLY ASSAULTED & MURDERED. As details of the perp ( and his past/crimes ) & the investigation become available..27 YEARS LATER... I see he was on the " RADAR " from the word MISSING..SOMEONE has some explaining to do..IMO, I want to know, why so long?

The " miraculous " part?? Could you explain how the circumstances were miraculous? Perhaps I missed something?

I don't know if you have children or not? ( does it matter? IDK ) IMO, and for myself..BLAMING vs. ACCOUNTABILITY..very different.

BLAME= the perp/sicko who did this to poor Jacob!! Heinrich.
ACCOUNTABILITY= As a mother..an 11 year old CHILD is ABDUCTED, SEXUALLY ASSAULTED & MURDERED. As details of the perp ( and his past/crimes ) & the investigation become available..27 YEARS LATER... I see he was on the " RADAR " from the word MISSING..SOMEONE has some explaining to do..IMO, I want to know, why so long?

Why so long? LE did what they could to this man back in 89 with not enough hard proof to know for sure he has done anything. Heinrich doesn't have any convictions of sexual assault yet. Jared could not identify him, and I don't blame Jared, I blame the cover of darkness under which Heinrich operated.. Unless Heinrich chooses to confess you won't know what happened until touch dna technology matches his DNA to Jareds assault. That would take 26 years to complete. Suddenly Heinrich is somebody, hes proven to have done Jared. Now LE has a right to search his property again. Miraculously this time there is a boatload of child *advertiser censored* that adds up to life in prison for Heinrich. His life is over and his safety is in complete jeopardy. He would not have ever confessed under any other circumstances. I call how it all panned out, miraculous.

Why so long? LE did what they could to this man back in 89 with not enough hard proof to know for sure he has done anything. Heinrich doesn't have any convictions of sexual assault yet. Jared could not identify him, and I don't blame Jared, I blame the cover of darkness under which Heinrich operated.. Unless Heinrich chooses to confess you won't know what happened until touch dna technology matches his DNA to Jareds assault. That would take 26 years to complete. Suddenly Heinrich is somebody, hes proven to have done Jared. Now LE has a right to search his property again. Miraculously this time there is a boatload of child *advertiser censored* that adds up to life in prison for Heinrich. His life is over and his safety is in complete jeopardy. He would not have ever confessed under any other circumstances. I call how it all panned out, miraculous.
:puke: :shutup:

I suppose that there is the million dollar question..
DID LE do " as much as they could?"

I suppose that there is the million dollar question..
DID LE do " as much as they could?"

When you look at it now, Heinrich had outsmarted everyone, unless he were to confess noone would ever know. LE miraculously got him into a position where he would. Case is solved, and not any other way. LE should stand up and keep standing for what they did.

Would the public have continued to pay for following Heinrich? Would it be legal to keep following him?

Would the public have continued to pay for following Heinrich? Would it be legal to keep following him?

The answer is no, the FBI did what they could. They followed him, interrogated him, and saved evidence until technology caught up. They did the right things and it took alot of patience.

Looks like the Wetterlings are writing the same story I have been-

'POLICE DID ALL THEY COULD’

Heinrich, who took Jacob less than a mile from his home in St. Joseph, was questioned in 1989 and 1990 about the boy’s disappearance, but he denied any involvement. The Wetterlings said Tuesday that police did all they could at the time.

“He was investigated really strongly back in January of 1990, and we were aware of that investigation,” Jerry Wetterling said. “But they didn’t have anything evidentiary to arrest him.”

“Had he not told us where Jacob was, I don’t know that we ever would have found Jacob,” Patty Wetterling said. “It wasn’t a matter of not being aggressive enough. You can feel somebody might be guilty, but how much can you legally do? They followed him. They did all kinds of work trying to catch him, or get him to talk, circling the wagons around him, but they had nothing until the search warrant when they got him on *advertiser censored*.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/11/jacob-wetterling-family-struggles-with-one-question-why/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back