KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to give EK any credit here, but the attorney might be the driving force behind this. He's going to want to be paid if his client has the possibility of facing some serious charges....

Not to give EK any credit here, but the attorney might be the driving force behind this. He's going to want to be paid if his client has the possibility of facing some serious charges....

Even if that is the situation, EK has every choice in this matter to say, "No, I'm not going to do that to my kids, and my grandkids." Because, although the most unbelievable, slap-in-the-face part is that he's doing this for the $$$, the fact is this legal move on his part creates a lot of other legal problems for us, more time off from work that we don't have, time away from our kids, will cost twice as much money in legal fees as he gets back (for us), and stress that I almost can't take anymore. You'd think HE'D think about that, but no...

I am not at all upset w/ you for posting that thought though, I just wanted to give you our perspective on it. Believe me, if EK can blame any of his actions on someone else, he will, and I'm sure the lawyer gives him some of those opportunities. In EK's world, EVERYTHING will ALWAYS be SOMEONE ELSE'S fault. Without fail.

Just making himself look more guilty than ever! It's all about the $$ and that is what its going to bring hell to his front door for many reasons.

BBM Exactly - I seriously can't figure out what he or his lawyer are thinking.

I am just now reading this news. Thank God for the beginning of justice for Pat.

My heart goes out to the Kimmi children, sons and daughters in law, and grandchildren. GB you all, as well as the extended family and friends who loved Pat. I do not know any of you except through these threads, but have such feelings for you all. You had a wonderful Mother and I know she is looking down from Heaven giving you the strength you need to endure all of this. You have grace and dignity through the most horrible of times. I respect and admire you.

Thank you and God Bless. I think we've only done what she would have wanted us to do.

And son-in-law, Lonnie. A pillar of strength and angel from heaven through all of this...

Thank you so much - I'll have to tell him about your post because he's had a card from my Mom taped to the wall by his desk for years where she said he's "an angel on earth".

He is da*n sure she is dead, isn't he?
Amazing that a lawyer would even draft a legal document without proof of death.

And the motive behind Patricia Kimmi's murder?
Just what Rita and family and WS members thought all along.
M O N E Y. (the love of money)

He has dug and graded and paved his way to hell.

Maybe he doesn't know you cannot spend money in prison
or in hell.
Not a thought in his mind about Patricia or his children or grandchidlren.

Patricia may rest in peace now.
He will not.

He's had so many chances to change, and never does. And now we are where we are. Unbelievable.

I just read Pat's obit in the Topeka Cap. Journal. It is such a nice touch about the casual dress Rita.
Also, should EK be arrested and convicted (not saying he will - just IF he would) -- Rita, what would happen to the sawmill? Surely it would go to you kids - but still I am sure another long legal battle...:(

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we doth deceive" (or something like that)

:cat:
Good morning. My prayers for the Kimmi Family. Is EK the biological father of the Kimmi children? How long have Pat and EK been divorced. I hope the Hollisters rolls over soon so we can get the right person off the street. No telling who he will decide to get rid of next. Looks like to me he has gone off the deep end and is extremely dangerous. Everyone should be very careful. mhoo.

Good morning. My prayers for the Kimmi Family. Is EK the biological father of the Kimmi children? How long have Pat and EK been divorced. I hope the Hollisters rolls over soon so we can get the right person off the street. No telling who he will decide to get rid of next. Looks like to me he has gone off the deep end and is extremely dangerous. Everyone should be very careful. mhoo.

EK is our biological father, although we all have wondered how in the world we are a part of him. The divorce was filed in August 2006 and was final in March 2008. They were married for 38 years.

I wonder every day how she was able to stay with him for all those years. There is so much that people don't know about how we lived, how we grew up. I don't know why in the world EK ever got married or wanted children. I don't know if he resented us or if we were a bother to have around...he never ENJOYED having a family. I don't know if he ever had the ability to love anyone but himself.

And son-in-law, Lonnie. A pillar of strength and angel from heaven through all of this...

Sounds as if you know him well, Fairy1. I am so glad that Rita has him to lean on and you can tell from the way he has acted that he loved his MIL.

EK is our biological father, although we all have wondered how in the world we are a part of him. The divorce was filed in August 2006 and was final in March 2008. They were married for 38 years.

I wonder every day how she was able to stay with him for all those years. There is so much that people don't know about how we lived, how we grew up. I don't know why in the world EK ever got married or wanted children. I don't know if he resented us or if we were a bother to have around...he never ENJOYED having a family. I don't know if he ever had the ability to love anyone but himself.

I am so sad for you and your family. To have a father like that and then to lose your mother, probably by him is terrible. My prayers for you.:rose:

Does anyone think that Rebecca Hol will be charged and if so what do you think the charges will be? Does anyone think charges will be brought this week against EK?

Does anyone think that Rebecca Hol will be charged and if so what do you think the charges will be? Does anyone think charges will be brought this week against EK?

I hope she gets charged with something.

Does anyone think that Rebecca Hol will be charged and if so what do you think the charges will be? Does anyone think charges will be brought this week against EK?[/Q

If not she SHOULD be and also ek. I have a gut feeling about him. He has to be the link between Reho and Roho and Pat. What else could the motive be but a payoff from someone.... a contract as the charges stated? Has anyone looked at the witness list?

I am so sad for you and your family. To have a father like that and then to lose your mother, probably by him is terrible. My prayers for you.:rose:

And he claims to be the VICTIM here! That his life has been changed by this. WTH!

Does anyone think that Rebecca Hol will be charged and if so what do you think the charges will be? Does anyone think charges will be brought this week against EK?[/Q

If not she SHOULD be and also ek. I have a gut feeling about him. He has to be the link between Reho and Roho and Pat. What else could the motive be but a payoff from someone.... a contract as the charges stated? Has anyone looked at the witness list?

Hollisters on the witness list:

Carol Hollister
Bruce Hollister
Brett Hollister
Rebecca Hollister

http://cjonline.com/multimedia/documents/2010/060510/hollister.pdf *
*thanks again to jane d for finding this

I'm assuming that, in exchange for testimony, ReHo won't face charges or will face reduced charges. Just a guess. And also hoping that said testimony will link the crime to the obvious candidate to have let the contract.

In general, so-called "spousal privilege" protects communication between a husband and a wife in the same way doctor-patient or attorney-client confidentiality protects those conversations. This is a "privilege" given to and controlled by the accused. In other words, any conversation that RoHo had with ReHo about a crime can't be recounted by ReHo without RoHo's permission. As an example, if ReHo provided testimony that lead to a search warrant to obtain key evidence, that evidence is inadmissible by the prosecution.

The privilege appears to be revoked in the case where one spouse is a victim of a crime at the hands of another as in the attempted murder case.

So, unless ReHo was a party to the murder, it is unlikely that she will be charged with anything relating to the subsequent events. Obviously the investigators and the prosecution would be aware of this and were likely being very careful to not give ReHo the opportunity to break privilege and jeopardize a conviction.

Anyone interested in this should Google "spousal privilege" and then settle in for hours of reading.

I also offer this previous post regarding potential charges against EK...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4997958#post4997958"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4997958#post4997958[/ame]

This assumes that conspiracy is the only possible charge associated with hiring someone to commit a murder. Note that Hollister has NOT been charged with conspiracy. I don't think you can have a conspiracy (the legal definition) with only one participant.

"Hypothetically, if RoHo says he agreed with EK to commit murder, RoHo is guilty of conspiracy because he followed the agreement with an overt act: the actual murder. If EK followed up the agreement with an action of any kind - whether legal or illegal - to further the conspiracy, he also would be guilty. However, if EK did nothing after agreeing that RoHo to commit murder, then EK is not guilty of conspiracy. "

Quote from your linked post.

what would count as an overt action? Paying RoHo? Talking about money with RoHo after the fact? Helping him get rid of the truck? (all hypotheticals here, just wondering out loud) Is knowing it was going to happen and not reporting it "overt" enough?

I keep thinking about that lady in the news recently who conspired to kill her husband, but the plot was found out and they let her believe that he had been killed when he hadn't. I wonder what she did after the initial agreement that led to her conspiracy charge.

My heart is with you guys as you are going through this... you are oaks when most of us would be saplings.

K.S.A. 21-3302(a) provides that "[a] conspiracy is an agreement with another person to commit a crime or to assist in committing a crime." Furthermore, K.S.A. 21-3302(a) proclaims that "[n]o person may be convicted of a conspiracy unless an overt act in furtherance of such conspiracy is alleged and proved to have been committed by such person or by a co-conspirator."

BBM ^

I found the above after a few minutes searching. The way it reads to me, only one party has to commit the overt act for all parties to be guilty of conspiracy. Anyone else have an opinion on how it reads to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member