Found Deceased CA - Katie Wilkins, 25, dies of heroin OD, Los Angeles County, 28 April 2012

At one point the father said to ' whomever' has her car, " Hey we are not mad at you, we just want to know what happened.."

It seemed strange. Why wouldn't you be mad? I don't get it at all.

Maybe drugs are involved. Maybe the family knew of a long time addiction or something like that. A possible OD and whomever was with her panicked and left in her car.

Local news at 10:00 PM...they said autopsy is done but could take weeks to get results.

How is this not a murder? I find it very weird they first said murder now is it because they want to keep it murder free they are backtracking? JMO but very weird.

Maybe drugs are involved. Maybe the family knew of a long time addiction or something like that. A possible OD and whomever was with her panicked and left in her car.

That is what is making the most sense to me so far. Maybe she had a history of cocaine use or something. It is the only way to make sense of the family not seeming to be shocked, but to seem sad but accepting. JMO

That does make sense....but why the yellow tape and calling it a murder??

That does make sense....but why the yellow tape and calling it a murder??

Malibu doesn't have many dead body calls. Lost Hills Sheriff station is very small. They do not investigate many murders around here. And that was a pretty nice mansion she was found in.

Her brothers comments from here. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-death-of-woman-found-in-parents-malibu-home/

“I put my hand to her wrist and it was really cold,” Steve Wilkins told ABC News affiliate KABC. “All of a sudden, a bunch of questions come through, what happened? How could she be left like this? Was she alone?”

This just sounds so weird to me....I can't put my finger on it.

It also makes sense why someone might drive away instead of staying and calling 911. If she was ill with natural causes then her visitor would have called for help. imo.

And her brother saying " How could she be left like this?" That almost sounds like he knew it might be an OD. imo

I could be wrong, but nothing else makes any sense so far. I raised my kids around here, and a lot of the local rich kids were doing a lot of hard drugs.

Maybe she still had a needle in her arm or something like that. it's the only thing that makes sense.

It also makes sense why someone might drive away instead of staying and calling 911. If she was ill with natural causes then her visitor would have called for help. imo.

And her brother saying " How could she be left like this?" That almost sounds like he knew it might be an OD. imo

I could be wrong, but nothing else makes any sense so far. I raised my kids around here, and a lot of the local rich kids were doing a lot of hard drugs.

I'm with ya on this one!

So she had just put in a load of laundry in the washer.(or someone did, hope they checked for fingerprints on the washer buttons, I wonder what was in the washing machine as well) That cycle at most is 45 minutes....it was still running when the brother arrived. So that would mean whatever happened to her happened in the minutes before her brother arrived?

I was listening to JVM as I was driving last evening & her father said the 2 of them had run a half marathon a few months ago & she was in good physical shape. That makes me doubt drug use.

Not seeing his expressions, only able to hear his voice, he sounded perplexed about what may have happened but I did not read that as emotionless. I took him as someone who is practiced at not showing personal feelings publicly. The brother seemed much the same on a news video earlier.

To me, what seemed strange in the reporting was she felt cold to the touch, yet the clothes dryer was still going.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8641445

In this piece it says the brother arrived in the afternoon, and she was cold to his touch. I have read now him arriving in the morning and afternoon. The laundry in the washing machine still in cycle....if she was cold AND the wash was in cycle then how could it not be foul play? Who knows what is misreporting...hard to figure out.....

Also the brother sounds odd.

My husband is a Paramedic and I asked him a few questions about being cold. He said if she had a congenital health problem, she could've gone into shock and turn cold right away.

In general, he said people do turn cold within 30-60 minutes. I didn't even know if could happen that fast. Plus if she was laying on the concrete floor, she could have felt colder from that.

If Katie was "cold" as her brother reported then she had been dead for some time. My initial thoughts would be that whom ever was there with her when she died/was killed took time to pick up evidence, put clothes in the wash to destroy evidence and then take off in the car. The person that took the car must have left well before the brother arrived or the brother would have passed the car on the road, no multilane hiway in the "Bu", and recognized it as his sisters car. Very odd case indeed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back