Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 6 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that he made the missing person report, that explains why the MSP no longer consider her to be a missing person.

Ok, what did I miss. MSP no longer considers her a missing person?

It's not my fault LM can't keep his stories straight.

It's not my fault LM can't keep his stories straight.

Do you have a link saying you are not the one to blame???:crazy:
Just kidding. I know it's not your fault.

Her Dad's story has took a 180 degree turn since last week.

That's why this new story is hard for me to believe.

He also possibly hasn't murdered her, a very non-violent act. :)

Why the receipt for the hat, tarp, gloves and shovel in the truck?

Why wasn't the truck parked in the assigned parking space at Doug's apartment?

Why was what appeared to be a tarp wrapper found near the abduction scene?

Why was a truck matching the description of the truck Venus owned but left with Doug seen in a field across from the abduction site during the time Venus disappeared?

Why does the tire tread on the truck Venus left with Doug appear to match the tread casts taken from the field where the truck was seen across from the abduction site?

Why the receipt for the hat, tarp, gloves and shovel in the truck?

Why wasn't the truck parked in the assigned parking space at Doug's apartment?

Why was what appeared to be a tarp wrapper found near the abduction scene?

Why was a truck matching the description of the truck Venus owned but left with Doug seen in a field across from the abduction site during the time Venus disappeared?

Why does the tire tread on the truck Venus left with Doug appear to match the tread casts taken from the field where the truck was seen across from the abduction site?

Did they not physically need DS' truck to correctly confirm the tracks?

Did they not physically need DS' truck to correctly confirm the tracks?

They appear to be a match, so much so that the person who specializes in tire tread forensics requested to be able to examine the tires personally. I believe she was sent photos of the tire treads.

I read where Michigan State Police were trying to get the truck transported from Virginia. I don't know if that has been accomplished yet. But, if the treads are an exact match, Mr. Doug Stewart will have a lot of explaining to do!

I hope the truck has been in police custody all this time so that Doug didn't have an opportunity to alter the treads on the tires! (My son and his friends knotch out used bogger tires, the HUGE tires you see on trucks like Big Foot, so they have more traction in the mud and snow.)

Last I heard they were trying to bring the truck to MI to compare. I've not heard anything in a while.

Progress made in Venus Stewart disappearance, Michigan State Police say
By Kathy Jessup | Kalamazoo Gazette
May 20, 2010, 12:33AM

WHITE PIGEON — Michigan State Police officials say “progress is being made” in the investigation of the April 26 disappearance of a 32-year-old Colon mother.

But Lt. Mike Risko, post commander of MSP’s White Pigeon operation, is remaining mum on specifically how the case is advancing.

No arrests have been made in the case and officials say there’s still no trace of Venus Rose Stewart who vanished from her parents’ home in the 55000 block of Driftwood Drive in Colon Township.

Meanwhile, Risko said Wednesday that detectives are still awaiting the results on forensic evidence obtained from vehicles owned by the woman’s estranged husband, Douglas Stewart.
Family members believe Venus Stewart was abducted between 7:10 and 8:30 a.m. on April 26 as she went to retrieve mail in front of the house, clad in pajamas.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/progress_made_in_venus_stewart.html

I wish they would put a rush on the forensics !! :) Their killing me here .....

Like I said before, I am basing my comment on the fact that I believe DS bought a shovel, gloves, tarp and hat, drove 14 hours from Virginia to Michigan, abducted and murdered his wife, or let someone use his truck who did.

I am saying that if he murdered Venus, I wouldn't put it past him to lie to the police.

I was not talking about other people. I was talking about Doug Stewart.

Do you have a link saying you are not the one to blame???:crazy:
Just kidding. I know it's not your fault.

Her Dad's story has took a 180 degree turn since last week.

That's why this new story is hard for me to believe.

I wuz in Wyoming. It's not clickable though.
I chose not to believe anything LM says. Period. There's no evidence VS was ever hurt. No such thing as a slipperprint.

I wuz in Wyoming. It's not clickable though.
I chose not to believe anything LM says. Period. There's no evidence VS was ever hurt. No such thing as a slipperprint.

I'd like to know how fingerprinting turned up a slipperprint. Anyone more knowledgeable about forensics that can explain that to me? I thought fingerprinting was possible due to oils left behind.

Family members believe Venus Stewart was abducted between 7:10 and 8:30 a.m. on April 26 as she went to retrieve mail in front of the house, clad in pajamas.

Guess LE doesn't believe it any more?

Just plopping the latest news articles in while I do my morning news check.

In missing woman case, Michigan police to test Newport News man's truck
Woman's estranged husband from Newport News is "person of interest."
9:10 a.m. EDT, May 22, 2010

Once the Dodge pickup is in Michigan, Risko said, an analysis will be conducted to determine if the truck left the tread marks. "We actually have to have the tires here," to do the testing, he said.

Police were still awaiting laboratory results on a substance found in the pick-up truck that appeared to be blood, Risko said. The substance was found on one of the truck's doors.

snip

According to records filed in Newport News Circuit Court, Venus Stewart had her divorce lawyer's paralegal listen and transcribe an audio recording in which Douglas Stewart told her that one option he had in dealing with her was to "get his father's .357."

The paralegal transcribed the recording and "told her to put it in a safe place," according to an affidavit filed in Newport News Circuit Court by Michigan State Trooper Aaron Steensma.

Douglas Stewart lost custody of his two children at a hearing in Michigan on April 19, with Venus Stewart's parents telling police that he was "very upset" about that outcome, the affidavit said. Venus Stewart had a protective order taken out on her husband, the affidavit said.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-michigan-slaying-20100521,0,5491339.story

Michigan police to test Newport News man's truck
Woman's estranged husband from Newport News is "person of interest."
May 21, 2010

NEWPORT NEWS — Michigan State Police are making plans to transport a pickup truck from Newport News to Michigan as part of an investigation into a woman's disappearance last month.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2010...s-stewart-michigan-home-michigan-state-police

Most recent news articles prior to the above:

Custody Hearing On Monday
WKZO - Posted Friday May 21, 2010 1 day, 23 hours ago:
http://www.wkzo.com/news/articles/2010/may/21/custody-hearing-monday/

Estranged husband of missing mother fights for the kids
WWMT - May 20, 2010 6:02 PM
http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1376791-bottom-estranged.html

Progress made in Venus Stewart disappearance, Michigan State Police say
Kalamazoo Gazette - mlive - May 20, 2010, 12:33AM
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/progress_made_in_venus_stewart.html

Venus' estranged husband wants custody
WOODTV8 — May 20, 2010 - Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5j-qkmf64

Dear Posters:

This thread and case has been problematic and caused a lot of extra work for the moderators.

It is your responsibility to know and follow TOS.

We are going to be very vigilant about enforcing TOS on this thread.

I want to mention off-topic posts in particular: this thread is not going to veer off into discussions about domestic violence in general or your own experiences of domestic violence. If you want to discuss those topics, please to to the Jury Room.

Of course, all other TOS apply equally to this thread.

Thank you for your participation at WS,

Hoppyfrog

I am guessing his lawyer told him to go ahead and file for custody; it would seem stranger if he did not, as if he were expecting to be arrested soon. From a defense standpoint that is...I doubt any judge is going to make any changes while Venus is still missing, unless all evidence comes back in a way that cannot be tied to DS, which. seems unlikely. If he is not charged, he may very well end up with custody. JMO

By Peter Dujardin
9:10 a.m. EDT, May 22, 2010

NEWPORT NEWS — Michigan State Police are making plans to transport a pickup truck from Newport News to Michigan as part of an investigation into a woman's disappearance last month.

According to records filed in Newport News Circuit Court, Venus Stewart had her divorce lawyer's paralegal listen and transcribe an audio recording in which Douglas Stewart told her that one option he had in dealing with her was to "get his father's .357."

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-michigan-slaying-20100521,0,5491339.story

By Peter Dujardin
9:10 a.m. EDT, May 22, 2010​

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-michigan-slaying-20100521,0,5491339.story

IIRC, some were speculating that there was a recording or more than one involved in this case. IIRC there was speculation that it might show something that would favor DS.

Not so much, at least with this recording.

What an ugly mess. Venus, where are you girl??? :( Ditto ...this case makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member