Photo discrepancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
I noticed something while looking for an appropriate photo for another thread. Look at these photos:

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ph...ad-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

Specifically photos #4 and #5. Her legs are very clearly straight in #4, bent in #5! I don't believe the problem is camera angle....

Perhaps this was discussed very early on, and I apologize to rehash it, but it seems relevant.

I'm sure the table on or off the sidewalk discussion could go here as well.....

I noticed something while looking for an appropriate photo for another thread. Look at these photos:

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ph...ad-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

Specifically photos #4 and #5. Her legs are very clearly straight in #4, bent in #5! I don't believe the problem is camera angle....

Perhaps this was discussed very early on, and I apologize to rehash it, but it seems relevant.

I'm sure the table on or off the sidewalk discussion could go here as well.....

Hmmm, yeah the knees don't appear to be bent in 4? I'd say it could be the angle, but the length of the legs to the knees wouldn't look right.

If you look at the difference of the white object and the table legs in the two photos, you can guess at the different angle of the shots.

I clicked back and forth between the pictures repeatedly, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Her legs look to be in exactly the same position in each shot- save for the different camera angle.

I think it is the blurring that has been done in the photos that make it look that way. If you look at the feet in both, you can see that her knees are bent in both photos as well. It is partly the angle of the photo and partly the blurring that was done to the photo.

MOO

Thank you time. I agree. I've looked at it several different times. How did her legs get straightened out like that and who did it? It speaks to time of death at any rate. Rigor had not reached the large muscle groups or they would not have been able to do this.

So, were her legs REALLY bent, or was that just the position AS laid her down in?

ETA: I see what you mean smart blonde and TorisMom003. #4 looks straight, but if you look closely the shadow is visible where her legs bend at the knee. Very odd position for a hanging victim.

Thank you time. I agree. I've looked at it several different times. How did her legs get straightened out like that and who did it? It speaks to time of death at any rate. Rigor had not reached the large muscle groups or they would not have been able to do this.

So, were her legs REALLY bent, or was that just the position AS laid her down in?

I don't know, I have to look again. Maybe her legs are bent, but the photo somehow still shows most of them from the knees on down and (somehow) without any shadows depicting angle? Are hers legs broken (looks possible in #4 and the knees are bending backwards? look again and see if you see the angle closer to her ankles)

Having said all this, it could be sort of a weird foreshortening that doesn't look right - when I used to try and paint/draw you do realize the body doesn't always make perceptual sense.

Imho, the legs being bent in picture 4 are the way she was found originally. The legs were bent at the knees.

Having looked at number 5, if I remember correctly, this was taken hours later. I would think gravity would pull the legs over, since she was slightly to the left, thereby bending her ankles/feet, as it does so.

Just my opinion, but seems to me that rigor was present in picture 4, with her legs in a bent position.

Just wish to add that these pictures make me feel sick. Not believing this is a suicide, makes these so much harder to even visualize.

Imho, the legs being bent in picture 4 are the way she was found originally. The legs were bent at the knees.

Having looked at number 5, if I remember correctly, this was taken hours later. I would think gravity would pull the legs over, since she was slightly to the left, thereby bending her ankles/feet, as it does so.

Just my opinion, but seems to me that rigor was present in picture 4, with her legs in a bent position.

In 4, does it look like the bend is in the wrong direction between the knees and ankles?

In 4, does it look like the bend is in the wrong direction between the knees and ankles?

That is actually the shadow where the knee bends time. I thought it was her feet at first too, but the legs would be way too short. That spot is the bend of her knees.

Just wish to add that these pictures make me feel sick. Not believing this is a suicide, makes these so much harder to even visualize.

ITA Sunnie. Especially if you factor in what had to preceed these pictures....poor Rebecca. :mad:

That is actually the shadow where the knee bends time. I thought it was her feet at first too, but the legs would be way too short. That spot is the bend of her knees.

In 4? I'm not getting it! Wouldn't that mean her knees were bent more then, so that we can't see most of her calf area? Or is what I'm seeing as her hips what others are calling her knees?

This 'look' can also be from her previous injury, which caused her limp (a car accident). I do believe that rigor had already set in, even if not totally yet, in picture four. This also would prove the time of death as prior to 3 am, imho.

What amazes me is that we have not seen the ems reports or that the medical examiner did not examine Rebecca until almost 8 pm, thereby not being at all able to establish a true TOD.

In 4? I'm not getting it! Wouldn't that mean her knees were bent more then, so that we can't see most of her calf area? Or is what I'm seeing as her hips what others are calling her knees?

It is her knee according to my eyes. It is odd that her feet are basically together, but that her legs are apart. I still think rigor is present and that she died with her legs bent. Gravity seems to have caused the other changes, as well as time and the changes it causes to occur after death has occurred. Her having her hands behind her and being on the left side, would cause the legs to change position, even if they did so stiffly, as in rigor.

The same thing was running through my mind as I was viewing the photos.

This little 'voice' in the back of my head was hollering in indignation that they are showing pictures of a murder victim's naked, exposed and seemingly vulnerable body on the Internet- just mere months after the crime was committed.

Then I remembered that she was being passed off as a suicide.

Somehow, that lie makes it even worse.

I took the photos in question to "photoshop" (oh NO he is at it again) and here are the results ...

PhotoshopScreenSnapz003-1.jpg

the orange line is photo #3
the blue line is photo #4
the black line is photo #5

#4 and #5 are almost matches when outlined and laid upon each other, but we have to remember that these photos are totally out of focus without clear lines or edges, and as the helicopter moved the angles are also off slightly. Blow up blue photo #4 more and it is right in line with black photo #5 .. and notice that orange photo #3 is also nearly dead on, but not quite. I do not think the legs were moved .. I think it has to do with the angles of those photos. Hopefully this is of some help to the discussion.

Brilliant Bonepile!!! And I didn't know you were a 'he', but I am glad, no, very glad, you did it again!!!! Thanks so much!!!:great:

Brilliant Bonepile!!! And I didn't know you were a 'he', but I am glad, no, very glad, you did it again!!!! Thanks so much!!!:great:

Yes I am .. or I think I am .. anyway after what seems like weeks I am backing photoshopping, and still very interested in this case. Been away for 10 days and amazed at all I have missed, and all you have contributed, but I am back, or is that "he" is back? Thanks. :)

So really all this discussion plays to time of death. Her legs were clearly bent, indicating she was in full rigor when cut down and laid on the grass. At 6:48? IDK. Do we have any idea what time these photos were taken by the helicopter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123