2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but look how hard it has been to keep the jurors that have been retained off of Facebook and other stuff (news, radio, family, friends) already. If they had to sit in holding pattern at least another week, I fear outside contamination.

Unless HHJP would sequester the jurors they already have and keep ploughing through the potentials. Baring that, I think HHJP is trying to seat the jury and sequester them all at once.

That is a smart plan by HHJP.

I may be wrong and will try and find the tape of it....but, when JA said the state would challenge on the lady PJ, before he said why, CM popped up and told the judge that the lady was AA. HHJP said we all know that. JA then based his challenge on this lady saying she can't judge people. NOTHING was said about race except by CM!! JA brought up another reason for the challenge, HHJP bit his head off and that was that. JA will, no doubt, use one of the strikes to get rid of her. I hope he does.

You could see that JA was seething when he sat down.
I think he was really offended at the suggestion that it was racist.

AF: if someone disagreed with you would you relinquish a belief just because someone disagreed with you.

I would listen to someone to see why they feel that way.

AF: would you relinquish a belief because they disagree?

no

AF: vice versa?

no

AF: one should not bring an outside influence. one should not be influenced by outside things. ex: media, public opinion. can you keep public opinion out and give a verdict based on the application of the law?

not a problem at all.

AF: mitigating circumstances might let a juror to life being the case... (she was using the v o i c e again... :hypno:

AF: a juror to think that life was the app penalty and those are cir about the case or about the defenders char or back ground.

yes.

I for one want to thank you for all your work you are doing to help keep us informed......Thanx

HERE HERE POT juror! Rules DO apply to everyone regardless your age!

OK OK OK....everybody calm down about the "juror".....she isn't even on the final panel yet, right? Won't the state be able to strike her without cause.....? I mean, games not over yet, right??????????????????? Lawyers? Anybody?

BAM! Rules apply to everyone - regardless of age. :great:

can u consider defendant's age as mitigating?
no, rules apply to everyone

dysfunctional family?
could be

abuse?
depending on severity

finally....a juror who thinks the rules apply to you regardless of your age.

HHJP needs to come right out and and say - you do not even log on or open an email from FB. Period.

I agree..however when facebook sends you a forewarded message, it says clearly what it is about..yikes. Many people. need email to communiate with banking, or other issues, that have nothing to do with THIS case....Boy oh boy...Not only do these jurors have to sever all communications with family and friends verbally, but physically....None of these people have been chosen as a juror, and have no need to stop all communications with work, or family..however at this point cannot say anything about this case..So given the advent of communication level today..It is really so much to ask normal human beings to take months out of their lives in the "Civil Duty" sense!!..

I can only go by vocal answers, tone, cadance, etc...but He does sound like he is maybeeeeee toooo eager :crazy:

OK OK OK....everybody calm down about the "juror".....she isn't even on the final panel yet, right? Won't the state be able to strike her without cause.....? I mean, games not over yet, right??????????????????? Lawyers? Anybody?

Right!

AF can't keep it straight that ICA has not been convicted yet...

Far be it from me to agree with the media pundits, but this is the first time I have ever questioned HHJP. He needs to lighten up. One more week is not going to hurt anything at this point.

IIRC, the state only has enough money to keep the doors open to the end of June; unless I missed the latest update with regards to more money being available for a longer time.

AF: death is never required regardless. does that make sense

yes

AF: can you consider mercy?

go by the law. would not consider mercy.

AF: it is a weighing process. you bring common sense and experience to bear. can you do that?

not a problem

AF: when we talk about mit circumstances, that you feel are mitigating or that life in prison...offenders age...

say the last part again...

AF: concider their age.

no, rules apply to everyone no matter their age.

AF: you said mental is a factor.

yes

AF: what about abuse in family. verbal emotional sexual?

depending on serverety.

AF: is that what you consider important?

I would take it into consideration.

AF: the victim impact evidence, it is emotional, can you set that aside and still make a decision based on the instructions and the law. The court will instruct you that you cannot use it as a considerations. Can you do that?

I can separate it.

Gosh, I'm so very worried as well.

It won't matter though. Because the State will never give up. Even if they get a hung jury this time around they will try it again. If a hung jury happens this time I'll feel bad for the FL taxpayers because ICA might just be the most expensive criminal ever to convict.

They WILL eventually convict ICA for Caylee's murder. I'm just no longer as confident that it will happen if this lady remains on the jury.

I am getting VERY confused....

Does the State still have the option to STRIKE this juror under ANY circumstance?

Keep seeing it referred to as "juror is DEFINITELY on jury now"

"State will have to use 1 of 10 strikes"

"SA blew it"

Is she DEFINITELY going to be sat on jury?

Many of these potential jurors don't buy the age of the defendant as a mitigating factor.

As it applies to ICA, I don't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members