General questions here

tweezbird: the patrolman that pulled her over on the license plate testified a few weeks back. It happened while she was in SLC area. JA & Ryan (?) were on their way to a meeting in seperate cars. Ryan was in front of JA's car and did pull over when he saw her get pulled over. The patrolman said in his 20+ years this was the first auto he pulled over for license plate upside down. I kinda think she did the license plate upside down to see if "they" were looking for her. They ran a check and nothing came up so she was still safe!

Thanks Milesdog, that's what I thought, it was after the murder. I was thinking that she probably stole an AZ plate because a CA one would stand out in front of TA house. And when putting it back on accidently put it on upside down.

The trial is on HLN. It's being covered during their regular shows and doesn't say so on the guide. Next court day is Tues. 12th at 10:30am I believe. I just set my dvr to start recording whatever show comes on at 10am and the shows afterwards to get it all.

I thought I heard no court mon and tues.

Does anyone know if the juror voir dire or a transcript of it is anywhere to be found? I have searched here and online with no luck. Thank you.

Does anyone know if the juror voir dire or a transcript of it is anywhere to be found? I have searched here and online with no luck. Thank you.

No and you won't find it. Juror voir dires are not part of the public record because they contain private information about potential and final jurors.

Does each state have different laws?

No and you won't find it. Juror voir dires are not part of the public record because they contain private information about potential and final jurors.

Hi is there a thread on "our thoughts of her motive" with links and evidence submitted in the case? I'm curious to read everyones thoughts on her motive. Directly is there a link to the email or text messages from TA to JA breaking it off with her or discussing the slashed tires? TY
Sorry I just came in.
I was wondering if he said something so 'unacceptable' to her that she snapped ("Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'')
IF she was so out of it, it's possible she is NOT lying but was experiencing something like 'the fog of war'/berserker mode....and really cannot understand, remember or accept that these were 'her actions'.
The camera thing maybe LOOKS coldly calculated, but just getting rid of the camera card would make more sense.....UNLESS some subconscious alter-ego took over, doing what a child would do.....erase and dump in water.
Sorry, to be late with things you must have discussed by now.

Sandoval, for me the problem is that her memory loss is so convenient. It begins just as the stabbing commences (because how is she to explain why it was necessary to stab him 29 times?) and lifts once she has disposed of all the crucial evidence.

A true psychological condition wouldn't be so calculated, imo.

What are the top theories on where she got the knife, what kind of knife it was, where she trashed it? Also, were they able to determine specifics about the knife wounds during the autopsy. There should be some indication of what kind of knife it was. Could have been the same one she slashed tires with.

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi everyone, I've lurked here for a long time (great forum!). I have what may be a silly question... I'm still getting used to where all the sub forums and threads are, I'm looking for any of the text messages if you have them in one place, or ?

One specifically starts out with "Do not call me. And do not text me anything. "

My "search forum" does not work. Possibly because I"m new? Not sure. Thanks!

I would love to find that link, as well!! I'm also new and I've been searching to no avail.

OK
We know that JA went" pro se" ie acted as her own attorney between Aug 8 and Aug 15, 2011. During that time she attempted to introduce “bogus pedophilia TA letters” and a hearing was held. The letters were later deemed as "inauthentic".The content of that hearing is sealed. Also while acting as her own attorney JA made several private phone calls. We believe she talked to Matt McCartney at that time. JA stunt as acting as her own attorney was designed to allow her confidential access to MM and maybe others in order to coordinate her new defense. JM was kept out of those proceedings.

JA has managed to keep "witness tampering" out of the trial because she did it while she was her own attorney. Also this because this activity /behavior would be deemed prejudicial the judge has excluded it.

This might have been answered already but I've read today where some are still talking about the rope & pillow used as a silencer that left the thread fragments found in the bathroom. I thought there was a pair of shaggy insole type slippers that I assumed to be TA's in the middle of his bedroom floor. Was that ever decided as to where those fiber fragments came from? I thought it was the slippers. tia

This might have been answered already but I've read today where some are still talking about the rope & pillow used as a silencer that left the thread fragments found in the bathroom. I thought there was a pair of shaggy insole type slippers that I assumed to be TA's in the middle of his bedroom floor. Was that ever decided as to where those fiber fragments came from? I thought it was the slippers. tia

I don't know if this will answer your question, but in one of the first interviews JA had with Flores, I believe it was on the phone, she told him there was a pillow on the chair in TA's room that had decorative tassels. It struck me as odd because it was one of the first conversations. I don't believe I have ever seen the pillow in evidence photos.

There were slippers there but the fibers didn't match.

I'd be interested to know how long JA's been making entries into a journal. Was she doing this before she met TA?

Sorry if this has been addressed previously.

Hi, I've been a member since the Casey Anthony trial, first time asking questions. Hope this is the right place.

I'm trying to find some background information on Juan Martinez. Just wondering if he's married, has kids, etc.

Could someone explain how Travis made so much money? Did he have to cold call people? Was he mainly paid as a motivational speaker for PPL? Was he just a really good businessman? I'm not real clear on how multi-level marketing works. Also, I thought Travis Alexander had a clothing line for women? Is this true?

Thanks for any help. I really enjoy Websleuths and all the great information on the boards, especially now that TruTv gutted InSession to only 2 hours a day. I tend to avoid watching HLN.

Juan: I have heard that he has a significant other but do not know if he is married or has children (someone else may know this answer)

Travis: He made the amount of money he did (hope I get this right as I am not all that familiar with pre paid legal) by signing up people underneath of him.. I *think* the way it works is that the more people underneath of you the more money that you make (think multiply like rabbits). iirc he was at the 80k/year level which is on the way to the big time. Yes, from my understanding it could involve cold calling but also helping the others you have signed up underneath of you, seminars, etc. I do not think that in PPL you get extra money to speak but that it kind of comes with the territory as you move up the business.

Clothing line: I am not sure about that (I had never heard of that). I DO know, however, that his friend Sky Hughs, had a tshirt business (she further said in her voir dire earlier in the trial that if Travis had a shirt made for Jodi he would have asked her to do it and she said that she never made any such shirt).

hope that helps!

Thanks so much. I'm glad Juan has someone special in his life. With the intensity he brings to trials he definitely needs some quality time away from all the pressure.

Thanks for explaining MLM. Some people are just born to sell. I admired Travis' self motivation.

I think I asked this question on the wrong thread. I am a newbie and have not followed the trial until recently. I believe that that JA claims that two damaged CDs started an intense fight with TA. Where are those CDs now? Thanks for your patience.

OK
We know that JA went" pro se" ie acted as her own attorney between Aug 8 and Aug 15, 2011. During that time she attempted to introduce “bogus pedophilia TA letters” and a hearing was held. The letters were later deemed as "inauthentic".The content of that hearing is sealed. Also while acting as her own attorney JA made several private phone calls. We believe she talked to Matt McCartney at that time. JA stunt as acting as her own attorney was designed to allow her confidential access to MM and maybe others in order to coordinate her new defense. JM was kept out of those proceedings.

JA has managed to keep "witness tampering" out of the trial because she did it while she was her own attorney. Also this because this activity /behavior would be deemed prejudicial the judge has excluded it.

Do you think Matt McCartney will be a rebuttle witness? If there is a rebuttal?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back