Introduce Yourself

Hi, I have just recently registered with websleuths, but have been reading here for some time. I have followed this case for at least a year. I recently bought the Searching For Anna book and thought it was very nicely done. I wish you all the best in your search and pray that one day you will be reunited with Anna.

Welcome Chicken Hawk! :)

Hi, I'm J. J. in Phila.

Those of you following the Ray Gricar disappearance know that this is my primary interest. :)

I have read the site for a while, but I could not get on because of my e-mail address. I'm now using my alumni association e-mail address.

I am originally from Western and Central PA (born outside of Pittsburgh, lived for about 25 years in the Johnstown area). I now live in Philadelphia, PA, and have for over 15 years. I attended Penn State in the 1980's (which was in the same county where Mr. Gricar was District Attorney).

Doogie was into Conan the Barbarian in the old days!
No shock there! Hi all. I don't think I have ever posted here before, but I lurk frequently. This is just such a sad but interesting (no offense, annasmom) case. I just love how this particular thread is run. You can feel the love and cooperation between all posters. Coming in here is just so refreshing, like a tall glass of ice water on a hot day. Seriously. You are all the most wonderful, understanding, cooperative, friendly people I have ever come in contact with. And Doogie! Trying not to swell his head here, but I've mentioned to him personally in the past how much I respect him and always enjoy reading his posts. And annasmom, I can feel your heart of gold through the screen, I swear I can.

To introduce me, I'm married, have a grown son, work for a neurologist for 20 years as his assistant and transcriptionist. I enjoy all animals, but love dogs. All four of mine have been rescued as has my cat. Also have a ferret. I really enjoy gardening and lately, now that we have nice weather I can usually be found in the yard on the weekends. I should be out there now, but I have a bad back and was out in the yard doing "extreme" gardening yesterday, so today I'm resting up. If I'm not in the yard, I'm on WS usually. Haven't checked in here at "Anna's place" in a while, so I thought I would stop in today. Great sleuthing all of you. Good luck to you all, Annasmom, Joe, Annasbro, Doogie and the rest of you. :blowkiss:

Thanks for your kind words, BM62. This forum functions as well as it does because of the quality of its participants. I found an appropriate quote from Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Hello,

First off, My name is Diana but everyone calls me Di.... so please do the same. I am 39, and have 4 boys.... yes, ALL boys! lol.... I have been married for 18 years...

Now that I have read every word of the first thread (I am one that has to know every detail) I can take a rest.... lol! I see I have ALOT of reading to do.....

I first heard of Anna when I was doing research for Ashley and Miranda (missing/found murdered in Oregon) I think that was back in 2002 or 2003.... I remember writing her name down and saying I want to get back and read about her.... well, here I am years later finally taking the time to get to "know" Anna.... ALOT has happened with me over these years since Ashley and Miranda... They changed my life and will always have a place in my heart.....

So, if you see my name here.... just sitting in this forum.... I am most likely reading..... Anna's case is like a HUGE book..... with many twists and turns..... many ups and downs... I have a tendency to leave the page up on my puter so I don't forget where I am at reading..... kinda like a bookmark... lol.....

anyhow, I am here.... I want to help in any way I can.... Anna is a beautiful little girl that I am sure has grown into a gorgeous woman! (I lean to the side that she IS alive!)

Welcome Di, we are looking forward to any help you can give us. It's great to see some "old timers" here in Anna's forum. Don't misunderstand, I am referring to your amount of time here at WS, not anyone's age. :)

OT: I remember here in our local news (across country) about the news reports pertaining to your son's accident. My condolences to you and your family.

Hi everyone,

I guess I skipped over this introduction thread and just kinda jumped in!! I live in the Bay Area, and started out helping adoptees/people with missing family members, etc. I had quite a bit of success, and several of them I am still in contact with after 5-10 years. I honestly can't remember exactly what led me to missing persons forums, but I have been reading them and researching missing persons off & on for about 2 years.

My skills are definitely limited to researching. I have a great track record of coming up with leads but I am not comfortable to call random people to ask for information. (I am amazed at Doogie's skills of getting people to talk to him! I could never have that effect!)

I am working on the Melinda Creech case, the Katharine Dyer (Boulder Jane Doe) one and am excited to add Anna to my list!

I look forward to getting to know you guys, this is really a great forum!!

We have some newer members here at Annas forum. Drop in, say hi, introduce yourselves... share as much or as little as you are comfortable doing.

Thank you for your continued interest and support in our search for Anna!

Cubby

Just a quick update on my amatuer crime-fighting efforts. Last week was a good one. A registered sex offendor who had been on the run for sixteen years was located with information that I supplied LE. And a 1980's homicide case has been reopened after I supplied LE with an informant's info naming one of the perps and then I sluethed out the other perp's name. Hopefully, these two will be arrested soon. (I cannot supply details for now due to the fact that it is an open investigation.)

Just a quick update on my amatuer crime-fighting efforts. Last week was a good one. A registered sex offendor who had been on the run for sixteen years was located with information that I supplied LE. And a 1980's homicide case has been reopened after I supplied LE with an informant's info naming one of the perps and then I sluethed out the other perp's name. Hopefully, these two will be arrested soon. (I cannot supply details for now due to the fact that it is an open investigation.)

Good job Dr Doogie. Another scum bag off the streets, that's what I like to hear.

CONGRATULATIONS :woohoo: :dance:

Hello! I can't remember when I learned of Anna, but I found her here during a search for Johnny Gosch and after I figured out how to get back without the search (lol), I have been spending most of my time on the forum reading about Anna.

In my regular life I run a chinchilla rescue and sanctuary with my husband. We take in abused chinchillas and those with health and/or behavior issues. We also have a wonderful little boy.

I'm not sure what else to say. :)

eta: I saw that Annasmom was denied the full file for Anna. I was wondering, did your family file for Crime Victims? You would probably not qualify for financial assistance or therapy anymore, but, you would get access to all files pertaining to your case. You would just have to contact CV with your case number and a request for the files. They might want postage and copying fees, but I thought the first set of copies was free. I can't remember how you get it, but I know it starts with the sheriff/police report. I thought you filed the report, then called up CV with the report number and requested a case. They then get copies of all the info the sheriff/police have (as well as anyone else, like if it required medical care they'd get medical files). With everything in one place, it is a lot easier than trying to contact separate agencies and people.

Hello! I can't remember when I learned of Anna, but I found her here during a search for Johnny Gosch and after I figured out how to get back without the search (lol), I have been spending most of my time on the forum reading about Anna.

In my regular life I run a chinchilla rescue and sanctuary with my husband. We take in abused chinchillas and those with health and/or behavior issues. We also have a wonderful little boy.

I'm not sure what else to say. :)

eta: I saw that Annasmom was denied the full file for Anna. I was wondering, did your family file for Crime Victims? You would probably not qualify for financial assistance or therapy anymore, but, you would get access to all files pertaining to your case. You would just have to contact CV with your case number and a request for the files. They might want postage and copying fees, but I thought the first set of copies was free. I can't remember how you get it, but I know it starts with the sheriff/police report. I thought you filed the report, then called up CV with the report number and requested a case. They then get copies of all the info the sheriff/police have (as well as anyone else, like if it required medical care they'd get medical files). With everything in one place, it is a lot easier than trying to contact separate agencies and people.
I had not heard of Crime Victims before. The obvious problem is that we have no concrete proof that a crime was committed and the statute of limitations on kidnapping has passed (though we are not able to demonstrate--despite all our feelings--that this was a kidnapping.) We have that part of the police report which they saw fit to release, and that was VERY hard to come by. I don't understand how Crime Victims could get more than this.

Oh, ok. Well with Crime Victims, you don't have to have any kind of conviction or even concrete proof that a crime happened, and in some cases you don't have to be within the statute of limitations. I did that, and my state covered things for me for 15-20 years. I'll see if I can find out more. Crime Victims gets all the files, like they get all the confidential medical and psychiatric files, the police files, everything. They use it to substantiate a case and to keep the Crime Victims case open. I got the entire file (nothing redacted) from them, and that's how I found out that CPS did two investigations of my parents. I couldn't have gotten that information from CPS if I asked them directly for it because the investigation involved minors who were unrelated to me.

I'll have to see what I can find. I thought that it was for trauma, like survivors of abuse, accidents, family members of people who've been murdered or disappeared, recovered victims of kidnapping, or victims of natural disasters. It might vary from state to state, but I know it goes through the department of Labor and Industries in at least 3 states. Would you like me to see about it? I can't guarantee you'd get it, but I could look into it.

eta: Ok, I went to see California's rules. I know they recently updated the program due to financial constraints, and it looks like for California it now has to be related to a violent crime specifically: http://www.boc.ca.gov/default.aspx I'm really sorry this wouldn't work. I was hoping so much that it would, because it's a good way to get access to information that you otherwise wouldn't have. I'm sorry.

I'm Mary Jo (aka TechWriter797), a technical writer living in Rochester, NY. I just finished reading "Searching for Anna." I am trying to read all of the information posted here on this case, but that will take quite a while longer! I have a membership to Ancestry.com (US only). I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll continue reading and thinking about it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back