Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so, so frustrated :furious: - as I had copy pasted a passage from Hellmann's report on JREF, and now cannot find it.

In it, Hellmann spoke of Guede's history of burglaries and using a kinfe, and how he brandished a knife on that elderly Perugain, Tramontano (sp?)---I will keep searching, but it was what I had always asserted:

That Guede's history mattered.

And now Hellmann says this openly in his Motivation report....

I found it!!!:great:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=7895861#post7895861

Reading Candace Dempsey's New Year post:

I am glad to see this quote from Hellmann's report concerning the character and antecedents of Guede - vis a vis the Massei theory that Rudy would not burglarize a place where he was made to feel welcome -

Moreover: it has always vexed me that PGs refute his having a history of knife-wielding and burglarizing:

"Moreover, Rudy was not a very nice person. Hellmann doesn’t think he had qualms about breaking into a cottage where (at least in the downstairs apartment, where the victim’s boyfriend lived), he’d been received as a friend:"

[FROM HELLMANN, MOTIVATION, DEC 16]:

The personality of Rudy Guede, as it emerges from witness statements, does not reveal any particular respect for other people.

Not only had he — as recalled above — acquired experience as the perpetrator of burglaries in others’ apartments, sometimes even committed with the robbery victims present in the house (see Tramontano); not only had he not hesitated to use a knife to threaten the victim that had chased him (Tramontano again, but also in the Milan nursery he had taken possession of a 40-cm-long knife),

but several times on the street, especially when he was drunk, he had importuned young women, attempting to hug and kiss them, and even the very fact (only seemingly banal; in reality very indicative of his ways) that he was in the habit of using the bathroom in other people’s houses (as a guest or as an intruder, it matters not here) to defecate or urinate without flushing afterward.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2012/01/

In fairness to those who support the guilt of the defendants - and this was pointed out as well on JREF - if one has long held to the theories of guilt, it does in fact appear that Hellmann has simply echoed all the talking points which appeared in the "PR campaign":

• Guede's history of petty crime and kinfe wielding
  • the Lone Wolf Scenario's probability
  • the upholding of Knox and Sollecito as "good kids"
  • the harshness of the police interrogation
  • the lack of evidence
  • the sloppy police work

However, these points had been brought up time and again because they fit in with empirical fact.

At least this is how it appears to me, rather than that Hellmann allowed himself to be used as a mere mouthpiece, or succumbed to any form of political pressure.

As stated elsewhere, some believe the attorney general will not actually appeal. I am not sure of this....any thoughts?

Here is a synopsis of the main points from the Amanda Knox Appeal Forum:

The major points of the report supporting Hellmann's not guilty verdict are:

• No logical motive.
  • DNA evidence condemned by court appointed experts
  • Lower court did not prove Knox was at the scene of crime.
  • Faulty time of death used by lower court (Hellmann moves the time of death back an hour).
  • Amanda Knox behavior dismissed as not a sign of guilt as people behave differently under stress.
  • Hellmann disputes Knox and Sollecito involvement with Guede as improbable. No evidence of communication with Guede exists (no e-mails, no phone calls or text messages).
  • Hellmann condemns police questioning as causing great psychological stress leading to falsely accusing Lumumba. Hellmann states that Knox told the police what she thought they wanted to hear out police induced psychological stress. In fact, Hellmann says, that to use the word 'stress' would be understating the event.
  • Witnesses produced by the prosecution were unreliable.

These are most of the main points of Hellmann's report. There is of course much more to the report than I have stated, but the above address most of the important issues as regards the not guilty verdict.

http://amandaknoxappealforum.blogspot.com/2011/12/amanda-knox-appeal-hellmann-motivation.html

Another of the talking points which used to be argued here and elsewhere, now given special emphasis by Hellmann-Zanetti in the MOT report:

(One would assume that, right when the murder was recent, and in the local papers, that Q would have rushed to give this information, and not hold back for over a year, until pestered by a journalist who wanted a story::waitasec: )

In fact it should be remembered that Mr. Quintavalle, questioned by the Police who were searching for useful information in the days immediately following the perpetration of the crime, by which time the newspapers and the media were busy working on the story on a wider scale, did not mention the girl who had waited for the opening of the store on the morning of 2 November and had then entered as soon as he had opened to the public, heading to the section where household and hygiene products were on display (even if then – according to the same Quintavalle – she left without buying anything).

Nor did he come forward in the following days or in the following months to report what had happened.

In fact he presented himself to the Police following continuous requests [sollecitazioni] by a young apprentice journalist who lived in the area of his store, only one year later, declaring to be convinced, thanks mostly to the color of her eyes (blue) and of her complexion (very pale), that the girl who had entered his store that morning was indeed Amanda Knox.
http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com/contents/reasons-for-the-decision/quintavalle/

The following in support of a likely lone wolf attack and Guede's antecedents as very relevant, along with the copious amounts of evidence he left behind, had long been argued here, and refuted by some:

It follows that the ruling in question, which we can accept with regard to the responsibility of Rudy Guede (which is certainly not undermined [non viene certo meno] by regarding the single-actor hypothesis as the most reliable) insofar as the items of evidence against him are numerous and unambiguous (from his DNA being found not on one item but on several, even in the vaginal swab, to the print on the pillow and the blood on the sweatshirt worn by the victim, to the shoeprints; and even his previous behavior, as one experienced in entering apartments to rob, equipped with a knife, even [simply] to bother [other] youths), does not assume any relevance in ascertaining the responsibility of the current defendants.

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com...the-decision/judgement-concerning-rudy-guede/

Good to see the discussion has re-opened here. The Hellmann report is common sense, the same common sense that many on the side of innocence have been pointing out for several years.

I am so, so frustrated :furious: - as I had copy pasted a passage from Hellmann's report on JREF, and now cannot find it.

In it, Hellmann spoke of Guede's history of burglaries and using a kinfe, and how he brandished a knife on that elderly Perugain, Tramontano (sp?)---I will keep searching, but it was what I had always asserted:

That Guede's history mattered.

And now Hellmann says this openly in his Motivation report....

Oh, I was just about to tell you I remembered reading that,but you found it. RG's history was the reason it all happened. It's uncanny how he can sit in jail and be mad that the other two "got off" and he's the only one in jail. Unless he really did happen to have unknown accomplices, he has nothing to be mad about. He only got 16 years!

In fairness to those who support the guilt of the defendants - and this was pointed out as well on JREF - if one has long held to the theories of guilt, it does in fact appear that Hellmann has simply echoed all the talking points which appeared in the "PR campaign":

• Guede's history of petty crime and kinfe wielding
  • the Lone Wolf Scenario's probability
  • the upholding of Knox and Sollecito as "good kids"
  • the harshness of the police interrogation
  • the lack of evidence
  • the sloppy police work

However, these points had been brought up time and again because they fit in with empirical fact.

At least this is how it appears to me, rather than that Hellmann allowed himself to be used as a mere mouthpiece, or succumbed to any form of political pressure.

As stated elsewhere, some believe the attorney general will not actually appeal. I am not sure of this....any thoughts?

I sincerely hope he does not. Those who have the technical knowledge on the court system will have to chime in, but I thought we've always said the sup. court will only consider technical issues, not the evidence? If that's the case, we'd have to find out if the appeals court errored in any way with procedure.

I'm glad to see the discussion back. :)

Next up, presumably, is the defense and or prosecution appeal motions. Due by the end of the month.

Anyone want to make a guess as to whether:

1. The defense (Amanda's) will appeal the one standing conviction, calunnia.

2. The prosecution will appeal

3. The outcome at the end of any appeals

How about the other related cases? Aren't there a pile of charges against AK, her family, the Sollecito family and various lawyers pending?

What the hell is this? Rafe is engaged? Is this real?

article-2083538-0F5E1CED00000578-86_306x423.jpg

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblo...kItemsPerPage=20&plckSort=TimeStampDescending

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rlfriend-Facebook-page.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

does she look like Meredith to anyone else?

Oh, I was just about to tell you I remembered reading that,but you found it. RG's history was the reason it all happened. It's uncanny how he can sit in jail and be mad that the other two "got off" and he's the only one in jail. Unless he really did happen to have unknown accomplices, he has nothing to be mad about. He only got 16 years!

I've still got my eye on Kokomani. This is partly why I believe he's remained so silent on telling the truth of that night - because it possibly involves a friend of his, a friend he's covering for, a friend he'll need once he has to re-assimilate to society.

Next up, presumably, is the defense and or prosecution appeal motions. Due by the end of the month.

How about the other related cases? Aren't there a pile of charges against AK, her family, the Sollecito family and various lawyers pending?

There is also the upcoming book "Meredith" by her father Jon which should be an interesting read, although I have no idea what angle the book will take, whether it will even address the case or what.

Exactly, and the Kerchers may have to come to grips with the fact that he was the SOLE killer, and got a paltry sentence (people get 3 x this for far less in the US, but the US has gone too far in that extreme). I do feel for the Kerchers, as Maresca likely misled them about the strength of the evidence.

There is also the upcoming book "Meredith" by her father Jon which should be an interesting read, although I have no idea what angle the book will take, whether it will even address the case or what.
Hi, Malkmus! I believe he will bring in the case.

1. Many say she should, but just as many believe she and her legal team will simply want to cut their losses, and leave it all behind, even though an unfair calumnia charge will stand.
2. A very respected poster on another forum believes the prosecution will NOT appeal. We shall see.
3. I believe Hellmann will be upheld.

I sincerely hope he does not. Those who have the technical knowledge on the court system will have to chime in, but I thought we've always said the sup. court will only consider technical issues, not the evidence? If that's the case, we'd have to find out if the appeals court errored in any way with procedure.
Yes, I believe they said the appeal would be a one day affair, behind closed doors, and argued only on the most narrow, technical terms. Let us pray the prosecution will not bother, and that the appellate court did not err.

Good to see the discussion has re-opened here. The Hellmann report is common sense, the same common sense that many on the side of innocence have been pointing out for several years.
Yes indeed. And yet as Rolfe has pointed out on JREF, those who advocate guilt of the defendants believe that Hellmann has been fed the PR campaign's stories: They seem not to see that it was empirical fact, and not PR spin, which was set forth.

I've still got my eye on Kokomani. This is partly why I believe he's remained so silent on telling the truth of that night - because it possibly involves a friend of his, a friend he's covering for, a friend he'll need once he has to re-assimilate to society.

Re-reading the article from the Sun about Kokomani it never occurred to me that Kokomani actually admitted to parking his car outside the cottage the night of the murder. I think the way in which it was written threw me off and I thought it was the night before.

the day before Meredith's body was found convicted small-time drug dealer Kokomani PARKED his car in the driveway of the two-storey home she shared in Perugia, Italy.

Last week he confirmed in a phone interview he had parked his black Golf in front of the house Meredith and Amanda shared — which had been empty.

When you think about both Guede and Kokomani being at the cottage the night of the murder, and add in both their crazy tales it becomes apparent that they are probably covering for each other.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ut-the-fight-goes-on-for-Meredith-family.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member