Oral Arguments Tammi Smith Motions 6/18/12

What I noticed was she was yammering to her attorney and the atty put her hand on the chair and swung her around away from her facing the front.

Lol had to rewatch it. Never got past the flower.
Yup he he did. Too funny! I bet he will be glad to close this case.

Lol had to rewatch it. Never got past the flower.
Yup he he did. Too funny! I bet he will be glad to close this case.

I noticed that Anne (Tammi's attorney) had some pretty huge rings and blood-red nail polish and I was thinking I wish she would get her hair styled, she could definitely needs a good moisturizer.... and that whitish lipstick and the kohl eyeliner went out in the 60's....I would have loved it if "Stacey and Clinton" would have crashed the trial and did a "What Not To Wear" intervention. Poor Anne looks like she's been raised from the dead more than once, and probably feels like it after what she's been through.

Hope nobody takes offense...but if I don't laugh, I may cry.

:bump:

I am hoping that the judge is going to throw the book at TS in the future and the reason he was soft on her today was to avoid contributing any fodder for an appeal down the road.

Logan is a victim. Gabriel is a victim. A particular law may recognize one and
not the other, but that is only part of what we as a people and a community understand as basic human truths. I think the jury's decison was informed by those truths-and as you stated in another post- they came to a just decision.

I am pleased that you bring up the overuse of the term "baby" when talking about Gabriel. It grates on my nerves. Just yesterday I read a post on another thread that never mentioned Gabe by name but went on about how "the baby's life" would be important in EJ's trial, the "baby's" timeline would be explored, the "baby's stay" with the Smiths...on and on. I gotta say by the end of it all, I was gritting my teeth. So thanks for reminding all of us how important it is to acknowledge Gabriel's personhood by using his name.

And yes, that was your post.

moo

That is probably normal procedure for them since he is a minor. Since the crime was committed against the father, the kid is a third party and hence his identity may be protected.

Sort of like the charges against the Garridos in the Jacey Dugard case, everyone knew who she was but they referred to her as Jane Doe.

I am hoping that the judge is going to throw the book at TS in the future and the reason he was soft on her today was to avoid contributing any fodder for an appeal down the road.

There are usually standard sentencing guidelines. He will likely follow those.

I don't think he was being soft on her, he was just applying the law.

Darn, I was hoping jail was going to happen for sure. If she only gets probation, I'm betting on 5 years. It should be 10.

I do believe the judge is going to give her probation. However, I'm praying that he's just giving her a few more weeks then will throw her in jail. But that's probably just a pipe dream :(

MOO

Mel

The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses.

I wonder if anyone is receiving letters on the other side. Apparently there are people interested in donating money to Tammi, and she has reportedly asked them to channel it into a fund-raising entity for Stones of Grace, it still is a project, and she intends to keep it up and running and to market it even at this juncture.

The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses.

I wonder if anyone is receiving letters on the other side. Apparently there are people interested in donating money to Tammi, and she has reportedly asked them to channel it into a fund-raising entity for Stones of Grace, it still is a project, and she intends to keep it up and running and to market it even at this juncture.

Do you know what or where this fund-raising entity is?

"ChickenPants;8068765]The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses...."

Does anyone know how a Judge evaluates Character Witness Letters?
Are the letter-writers required to know the Defendant on a personal basis?
If TPS asks her group of 5,000+ Face Book "friends" to bombard the Judge with letters; how can something like this vouch for Tammi Smith's "character?"

What if the Judge receives even MORE LETTERS stating Tammi Smith is a "bad person and since she's been found guilty," she needs to go to prison? How does the Judge evaluate those letters?

"ChickenPants;8068765]The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses...."

Does anyone know how a Judge evaluates Character Witness Letters?
Are the letter-writers required to know the Defendant on a personal basis?
If TPS asks her group of 5,000+ Face Book "friends" to bombard the Judge with letters; how can something like this vouch for Tammi Smith's "character?"

What if the Judge receives even MORE LETTERS stating Tammi Smith is a "bad person and since she's been found guilty," she needs to go to prison? How does the Judge evaluate those letters?

I've wondered all of these things myself. I imagine a judge is not going to accept letters from 5,000 last-minute FB friends but would prefer letters (for good or bad) from people who have known the defendant for a while. Business protocol is usually a reference for average 5 years.

If you haven't known a person for a long time, all you can go by is their actions. When you're talking about actions, how do they impact other people....there was the recent "Ravi" case where the judge reportedly received thousands of letters and reportedly they did influence his judgement. Well, how can a defendant's actions impact a community, for example?

With TPS in mind, I am remembering that in the recent 703 hearing, prosecution opined that Logan was not the only victim, but the court and the state and person yet unknown. She didn't pull this out of nowhere, IMO. With sentencing ahead, is there information that can validate that premise?

I keep going back to the premise that Judges usually sentence based on the guidelines, some kind of restitution or justice for the victim(s) and whether or not the defendant shows remorse and an intention of being rehabilitated. I conclude that if the defendant continues to engage in the same kind of behaviors that led to the conviction, they are not likely to be rehabilitated if left out on probation. Just M.O.

You're all aware, aren't you, that Stones of Grace was kept pretty much private. Tammi waited until the prosecution and defense rested, and the jury was already in deliberation before she sent a message to her FB site (from the courtroom) announcing STONES OF GRACE CAN GO LIVE NOW...YAY!

You're all aware, aren't you, that Stones of Grace was kept pretty much private. Tammi waited until the prosecution and defense rested, and the jury was already in deliberation before she sent a message to her FB site (from the courtroom) announcing STONES OF GRACE CAN GO LIVE NOW...YAY!

If I register a domain name called sendsabatocancunformissionwork.org and set up a website to explain my plans, do you believe I have formed a legal entity?

No I do not. I presume she is communicating through social media, although I am not connected to any of that.

She is asking from her facebook friends page her support group.
The wanted to raise funds for her apeal. She assked them not to do that for her to make donations to "The Stones of Grace"
I checked her website and it says the are not excepting donations due to pending paperwork.
But please leave your contact information.

Now that she has been 'sworn" in as a MINISTER last mth.
can it be legal for her to take donations or does it matter?
It is very shady to me! One more way for her to involve children for her to make money.
who would I e-mail about this scam?
This really makes me angry.

If I register a domain name called sendsabatocancunformissionwork.org and set up a website to explain my plans, do you believe I have formed a legal entity?

I'm not sure if it would be a legal entity, or not -- But I think the Melia Cancun Hotel would be a nice location for your mission's Headquarters!:rocker:

I'm not sure if it would be a legal entity, or not -- But I think the Melia Cancun Hotel would be a nice location for your mission's Headquarters!:rocker:

What would happen if Tammi could not pay the mntly. bill for internet?
Now that is what I will be dreaming of !
That would be the best day of all!:woohoo::woohoo:

I'm not web savvy so I can't answer that except to say that anything constituting a "legal" entity would have to have the appropriate legal documentation, and then again we have to consider that Tammi is now a felon, so I don't know how far she would get with that.

My interest is in the fact that she is pointedly telling people to give money or raise money toward this specific purpose. Stones of Grace is supposedly all about counseling, helping unwed mothers, sending them to college, etc., etc., etc., and she was just convicted for interfering in the same kind of activity. If I am a judge and I know this, I am going to think this woman has not learned her lesson, and if I give her probation she's going to head right out that door and take up where she left off. That's my opinion.

What would happen if Tammi could not pay the mntly. bill for internet?
Now that is what I will be dreaming of !
That would be the best day of all!:woohoo::woohoo:

You know what's sad...scary? If the internet became obsolete tomorrow, Tammi would still find a way to get her information out there....it's called a big mouth that never shuts up. Even God himself can't get her to shut up long enough to listen, so why do we still hope that the court, the judge, or even the prison itself would stop her?

Maybe her personality will split in half, and when they start talking to each other they will cancel one another out? Well, we can dream, can't we?

If I was facing the possiblity of being sentenced to a jail or prison on July 6th - I'd be terrified at the possibility of being jailed in Maricopa County, AZ.
This is the County where the Sheriff has the Tent City for some inmates.
http://www.mcso.org/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back