Maria Lauterbach

Maria was not trying to sell her car. No way! She needed that car she was about to be a mommy & she moved off base she was in no situation to be selling a car at that time. Cesar and Christina were trying to sell that car so they could have Maria fund even more of her murder and Cesars escape! :furious:

I wish we could see the phone # on that sign so we could corroborate if it is the number or Maria's #.

I thought someone on another thread, a good while back, said that it was finger-printing dust. If the car has been out in the elements after the dusting, it could have ran, making it look splashed on there. Mind you, I am not aware if what such finger printing dust looks like nowadays, but I remember someone saying that is what it was on the car.

I remember reading that too. I'm pretty sure it is finger print powder.

hmm, trying to sell her car fits with buying a bus ticket & leaving....interesting..

It does fit with buying a bus ticket and leaving.

Whether Maria OR CL put the "For Sale" sign in the car window that the sign was there is another reason LE and the Marines thought Maria left on her own.

Maybe CL gave Maria the stuffed toy as a present for "the baby" to put her guard down.

Unless CL was dropped off at Maria's house, she had to have driven to "his" place. Neither Maria's car or CL's car was around when the Durham got home. There would have to be an accomplice for car retrieving before Durham got home, too.

IMO

Maria was not trying to sell her car. No way! She needed that car she was about to be a mommy & she moved off base she was in no situation to be selling a car at that time. Cesar and Christina were trying to sell that car so they could have Maria fund even more of her murder and Cesars escape! :furious:
How could CL and his wife legally sell Maria's car? She was probably making payments and didn't even have the title to it. :confused:

They couldn't sell her car legally...unless Maria signed the title over to Cesar. He would have to wait for another title to come back in his name to give to the new owner. LE would not know of this transaction until he filed for the new title, however. I would be curious to know where the title to her vehicle is now. I would assume it would be kept in her house in a file...so LE should have seen it or should know it was missing at least.

I guess he could have done it under duress. It seems Maria may have done a lot of things under duress in this case.

They couldn't sell her car legally...unless Maria signed the title over to Cesar. He would have to wait for another title to come back in his name to give to the new owner. LE would not know of this transaction until he filed for the new title, however. I would be curious to know where the title to her vehicle is now. I would assume it would be kept in her house in a file...so LE should have seen it or should know it was missing at least.

I guess he could have done it under duress. It seems Maria may have done a lot of things under duress in this case.

SS,
Here is my take on this. There are many types of 'undergound characters' in all branches of the military. While stationed at Camp LeJeune and living off base, I loaned my car to a neighbor Marine's wife to run to the grocery store supposedly for an emergency quick trip to get supplies for their baby. They went on thirty days leave (vacation) in my car without my permission. I had total H*** trying to get assistance from the Onlow County Sheriff's Dept. I finally went to the Marine Corps and got assistance only by them informing his command of my situation. His command contacted his emergency leave information, revoked the remainder of his leave and ordered him back to Camp LeJeune. I was then informed by my command, that because this incident occurred off-base, it is entirely under the jurisdiction of local LE to recover my vehicle. I have said all of that to state this: I can clearly see how the went undetected for a week while driving her car both on and off of base. Maria's car already had approval to be driven on base. All vehicles for routine access to military bases are identified by a special sticker, color coded to identify enlisted, officer, civilian worker, etc. CL was able to slip pass MP's at the gate coming and going. Also, he looked right at home with local LE's by driving a military 'marked vehicle' while in military uniform. I can see where the Laureans were attempting to sell Maria's car to some unsuspecting Marine that could have been willing to wait for a title which would have never surfaced. After all, CL was a 'stellar Marine.' The new owner would not have needed clearance to get on base for several months. Maria already acquired that for them. What a low-life.
FMR.
:chicken:

Thank you FRMUSMC!Knowing what really goes on helps put things in perspective. I am starting to Love & Respect my Country, USA a lot less.:furious:

WOW! That is quite a story, FMR!!! Amazing the gall of those people!!!

I can see what you mean now tho. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that they could have been trying to sell it then. Interesting!! I hope LE looked seriously at that sign then!! Wowow!

FMRUSMC ~ thanks for the reply and I'm sorry that happened to you, but it does explain how CL and his wife could've tried to sell Maria's car, but someone would have to still make the payments (to whoever Maria financed it through) and the lienholder would have the title. I wish we knew whose phone # is on the 'for sale' sign. :)

FMRUSMC ~ thanks for the reply and I'm sorry that happened to you, but it does explain how CL and his wife could've tried to sell Maria's car, but someone would have to still make the payments (to whoever Maria financed it through) and the lienholder would have the title. I wish we knew whose phone # is on the 'for sale' sign. :)

I do too, I'm getting ready to install a more professional copy of Photoshop so I can extract the characters. I have this at work but not at home. Basically you zoom in, darken the characters and then search for high res pixels reconstructing the characters.

It is from this company - I don't know the original owners. This is the sticker on back of her car.

Morton Motors
(910) 353-8777
2021 Lejeune Blvd, Jacksonville, NC 28546

It is from this company - I don't know the original owners. This is the sticker on back of her car.

Morton Motors
(910) 353-8777
2021 Lejeune Blvd, Jacksonville, NC 28546
Anyone make sense of this? As I recall, Maria did not recently buy the car. Could this be the lein holder?

It does fit with buying a bus ticket and leaving.

Whether Maria OR CL put the "For Sale" sign in the car window that the sign was there is another reason LE and the Marines thought Maria left on her own.
Maybe CL gave Maria the stuffed toy as a present for "the baby" to put her guard down.

Unless CL was dropped off at Maria's house, she had to have driven to "his" place. Neither Maria's car or CL's car was around when the Durham got home. There would have to be an accomplice for car retrieving before Durham got home, too.

IMO

good point...."another reason" for sure, & you could very well be right about the stuffed toy too...

from what i understand, Maria's car was not home, when Durham got there....i'm still leaning toward Maria driving to Cesar's herself, after getting the money & bus ticket...something went wrong with some kind of "plan" though, & he killed her.......
jmo...

CE I still say there was not a Plam at least that Maria had. Remeber those words came from CL.

On a side note I read on Fox news site. Maria was buried Today.

I hope and pray there is justice for Maria and her baby boy. This case is getting little to no coverage on the cable news channels. :(

Hundreds say goodbye to Maria Lauterbach

VANDALIA — Hundreds of mourners prayed and wept at a funeral Mass Saturday honoring slain Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and the unborn baby she had named Gabriel Joseph.
The Rev. Francis Keferl praised Lauterbach for continuing with her pregnancy even after pressing rape charges against the man now wanted in her murder, Cpl. Cesar Laurean.

"In the midst of very dark circumstances, she made the very tough decision to give life," he told the overflow crowd gathered at St. Christopher Catholic Church in Vandalia. "We celebrate her decision to protect Gabriel Joseph to the point of giving her own life."

Lauterbach, 20, a 2006 Butler High School graduate, was stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C., when she went missing Dec. 14. Lauterbach's remains were later found in a backyard firepit in Jacksonville, N.C., where Laurean lived. Authorities believe he has fled to Mexico.

Dignitaries in attendance at the service included U.S. Rep. Michael Turner, R-Centerville, and Onslow County, N.C., Sheriff Ed Brown, the public face of the case during the early days of Lauterbach's disappearance.
Four Marines wheeled Lauterbach's casket into the sanctuary and a small silver casket was placed beside it near the altar.

"Gabriel Joseph's life was measured in months, not years," Keferl said during the Mass of Christian Burial. "Yet his precious, all-too-short life has touched so many gathered here and around the world."

Lauterbach's family sat together in the front row near a large, framed photograph of the young woman who had excelled in soccer and softball at Butler.

The priest recalled Lauterbach's "winning smile," athleticism and competitive spirit. "We remember she wanted to serve her country as a Marine," he said.

Two of Lauterbach's younger sisters, Theresa and Katie, fought back tears as they recited readings from the gospel. Katie read from 2 Timothy 4: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/hp/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/02/02/ddn020208funeralweb.html

She was also given a twentyone gun salute from the marine Corps Honor Guard.
RIP Maria and baby Gabriel.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd