observing casey non reactions

LMLegal- Do you know who the lady is that sits by CA? Not Joy, but the one everyone keeps referring to as the lady from church. Blonde & the same one who picked them up from the cruise, and confronted the cameramen. I had thought that was Mallory's mother, am I wrong? Or maybe Mallory's mother is the church lady. Sorry for the confusion.

BBM

ITA with every word, LolaMoon.

Re bold: I was just about to post the exact same thing!

I envision JA wanting to shoot back, "You can't handle the truth!!!" (obviously ala Tom Cruise to Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men)

Casey is up against the State of Florida, not George and Cindy this time. Anyone forcing her to HEAR the truth is totally foreign to her. In the past if GA tried to hold her feet to the fire, all she had to do was tell CA to "Make him stop!". CA would have and GA would've complied. She's in a whole new arena now. I'm betting there are going to be several times when she won't do much better controlling her anger during the trial either.

That is sooooo funny! I have too. I envision LDB saying it to Cindy! :giggle:

LMLegal- Do you know who the lady is that sits by CA? Not Joy, but the one everyone keeps referring to as the lady from church. Blonde & the same one who picked them up from the cruise, and confronted the cameramen. I had thought that was Mallory's mother, am I wrong? Or maybe Mallory's mother is the church lady. Sorry for the confusion.

The short blonde woman is the church lady who played the piano at Caylee's (Cindy's) memorial, and her husband and daughter sang at it - Donna C. She also went on the cruise with them and screamed at reporters in the parking lot. She is not Mallory's mother. They also have a realtor website under their own names.

GOOGLE claims she is a realtor friend of cindys from the memorial and played the piano . name may be donna. will not post last name. Its not mallorys mom. She is with cindy every time in court . I take it they may not have met until all this happened. I have been in the first baptist church of orlando it is a wonderful place for music - many of the singers and such are disney performers for music and singing.

Has anyone ever watched the movie called "Killing in a Small Town" with Barbara Hershey? I watched it recently on Lifetime and couldn't help but notice the similarities between the killer and ICA. No emotion whatsoever (until she got on the stand of course and it was important then).

The film is based on a true story of Candy Montgomery -- who, after the trial said she wanted "to get all this behind me and be normal again".

Hmmm...who does that remind you of? 1) ICA who is planning a RV road trip, or 2) Billie Jean Dunn (who has also mentioned she just wants to move on, or It's a Good Day when They Don't Find Hailey". Interesting tidbit - this murder happened in a small texas town.

http://www.spislandbreeze.com/articles/texas-10314-town-montgomery.html

Anyway, when I look at the profiles of all three of these women: Candy Montgomery, ICA, and BJD, there's a common thread. Promiscuity, and lack of empathy.

Another link here: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/betty_gore/1_index.html

Fascinating stuff when you look at dissociative psychopaths!

MOO

Mel

Yes, I have thought of this very thing. I have the movie ("Killing in a Small Town") and the book, "Evidence of Love", which is even more chilling than the movie. If you haven't read it but can get a copy(it might be hard to find now) you will not be able to put it down.
I hate to say it but Candy walked. She could , evidently, hide her dark self under a very convincing cover when she needed to.......like kc? just a thought...

I think this sums up ICA quite well. I'll never forget how upset she was that the family was eating chili without her.

Her callous, self-centered and unemotional words during a situation she, herself, has described as having her daughter kidnapped and missing for 30 days, in a location she has no knowledge of, and whose well-being she cannot confirm leaves us speechless and unable to grasp what we are hearing. When confronted in her first phone call from jail by her friend Kristina Chester beginning to break down and sob while she states she doesn’t know what she’ll do if something has happened to Caylee, Casey’s response is, “Calling you guys…a waste, a huge waste.” Just days after what should have been her daughter’s 3rd birthday, we hear Casey in a jailhouse visit with her parents whine and voice resentment over the fact they all ate chili without her. We’ve seen her make the appearance of crying but a few times, and each of those have been connected to statements made about her – not Caylee.

This is going to be a hard statement to read so I apologize to my fellow WS'ers - but in a way yes, I do understand ICA.

If ICA is a sociopath, then she equates people with the same degree of non-attachment as things.

And I always feel so much better when I have tidied things up - you know - a real cleanout. Things I don't need - I give them away, I give them to a charity, or I just throw them away into the garbage and come away feeling so much "fresher" somehow. No more clutter y'know, getting in my way - so I can really get on with enjoying my life.

Why then would you expect me to care about something I didn't need and threw away?

We can give Casey any number of personality disorders and I give everyone on this forum who has gone and dug in deep to the varying personality disorders that Casey may be suffering from a lot of credit for trying to understand this woman and the deep seeded issues she has within herself... but when is it okay to just accept that Casey is just simply... EVIL! It exists. It has since the beginning of time. It is the world we live in. That it really is as simple as that one word? We see evil all the time on this website. Just go over to the Crimes Against Children area of this forum and you will see evil as you have never seen it before. Vile and monsterous things being done to children.

I understand that everyone wants answers. Everyone wants to know why? They want to know what drives someone to do these things to their own children and it is hard to believe that such evil exists. That there has to be some kind of solution... some kind of explanation... anything but our worst fears. One look at Casey Anthony and our fears are realized... we are witnessing evil in its purist form.

That is what I see when I look at Casey Anthony and this is all my opinion.

We can give Casey any number of personality disorders and I give everyone on this forum who has gone and dug in deep to the varying personality disorders that Casey may be suffering from a lot of credit for trying to understand this woman and the deep seeded issues she has within herself... but when is it okay to just accept that Casey is just simply... EVIL! It exists. It has since the beginning of time. It is the world we live in. That it really is as simple as that one word? We see evil all the time on this website. Just go over to the Crimes Against Children area of this forum and you will see evil as you have never seen it before. Vile and monsterous things being done to children.

I understand that everyone wants answers. Everyone wants to know why? They want to know what drives someone to do these things to their own children and it is hard to believe that such evil exists. That there has to be some kind of solution... some kind of explanation... anything but our worst fears. One look at Casey Anthony and our fears are realized... we are witnessing evil in its purist form.

Oh LolaMoon08 - I agree with you! All that I said, to me, obviously points to her being Evil - and I think she is. You are just saying let's just call a spade a spade - and yes!

I guess the issue with the discussion is that Evil is not a recognized legal trait and many posters seem concerned Baez et al will come up with some fancy medical mumbo jumbo psyche defense and ICA will walk.

I believe she is Evil and she will not walk - out of the doors, that is, a free woman - ever!

If anyone can watch this with kyle thomas singing with no reaction they may be walking dead . you can move clip forward

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVUuyFq_Zvg[/ame]

Oh LolaMoon08 - I agree with you! All that I said, to me, obviously points to her being Evil - and I think she is. You are just saying let's just call a spade a spade - and yes!

I guess the issue with the discussion is that Evil is not a recognized legal trait and many posters seem concerned Baez et al will come up with some fancy medical mumbo jumbo psyche defense and ICA will walk.

I believe she is Evil and she will not walk - out of the doors, that is, a free woman - ever!

You know what... I have been very uneasy the past few days. A lot of the media circus is starting to pick up again and I found myself becoming extremely stressed about a lot of issues in this case. I just went back and started reading Casey's letters to Robyn Adams and I started to feel really calm all of the sudden and I became really confident. I am confident that Casey will never breathe another breath outside of those prison walls after this trial is over.

Evil is not recognized as a legal trait... you are correct... but people can sense evil and Casey reeks of it.

I think that once Judge Perry's rulings on the Frye evidence is released... we can all relax a little bit. They could always release Dominic Casey's deposition to tie us over until then though! :banghead:

here is piano video with her

also more songs [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnIrCC_n3nk&feature=related[/ame]

Thus the portrait of the idiom: The wolves in sheep's clothing.

You know what... I have been very uneasy the past few days. A lot of the media circus is starting to pick up again and I found myself becoming extremely stressed about a lot of issues in this case. I just went back and started reading Casey's letters to Robyn Adams and I started to feel really calm all of the sudden and I became really confident. I am confident that Casey will never breathe another breath outside of those prison walls after this trial is over.

Evil is not recognized as a legal trait... you are correct... but people can sense evil and Casey reeks of it.

I think that once Judge Perry's rulings on the Frye evidence is released... we can all relax a little bit. They could always release Dominic Casey's deposition to tie us over until then though! :banghead:

Yes, I understand that anxiety and then I remind myself to not be swept adrift by the "evidence du jour" and to go back over the foundation of the evidence to weigh and balance whether this is coming in or not ( for right now is just a rumor or non-evidence) until HHJP at least decides if it is coming in - and say to myself - okay my anxiety is real, and the evidence is very real and the possibility of a psyche defense may be real, but in the pros and cons of it all - should I be throwing away my whole belief system for something I believe isn't justified?

So my answer to myself calms me down and I get my feet on the ground again and reground in my belief that Baez will try to jerk our tails all through this trial but it isn't going to work - ICA is going down!

er and sorry to have to let you all see just how much I do internally chat with myself...:blushing:

From her diary entry on June 21st, she sounds like she was totally miserable.

Thus the portrait of the idiom: The wolves in sheep's clothing.

I think she is a sociopath; if you want to call that evil - then I guess so. But since it is a disorder and not a disease, it does not help her. I read a paper by a psychiatrist on what he thinks this disorder is and he believes that emotions as we know and feel them, the sociopath does not. E.G. we see our son, or daughter or husband or wife and we feel love. The sociopath has no emotions because the feelings get 'fragmented' as they enter the brain and go every which way. Like a speeding car and the sociopath says basically "what was that". They do not know love; don't feel it.

That seemed like a very good explanation to me, but the sociopath does seem to feel hate very well. So I don't understand that. Is the emotion love the only emotion that gets fragmented. Hate does not?

I know that KC pretends a lot. E.g. getting her picture taken on July 16th with police and "smiling broadly". She did not get that this was not the time for that even though a picture was being taken.

You can also see at the defense table, the writing and all the looking up things and the once and a while chatter with her lawyer, it is nothing but to keep her occupied.

She fits a sociopath to a T.

Yes, I have thought of this very thing. I have the movie ("Killing in a Small Town") and the book, "Evidence of Love", which is even more chilling than the movie. If you haven't read it but can get a copy(it might be hard to find now) you will not be able to put it down.
I hate to say it but Candy walked. She could , evidently, hide her dark self under a very convincing cover when she needed to.......like kc? just a thought...

Chilling comparison but oh so true. I followed that case, read the book, watched the movie. And yes she WALKED!

Compare her with someone like Andrea Yates....there was someone who had TRUE mental illness, IMO.
She is still in a mental hospital, and from what we've heard, she repents daily and BELIEVES she deserves to be locked up forever.

Even Susan Smith was pretty good at faking the tears. But I believe now she is sorry, and that she knows what she did was wrong and gruesome. She admitted what she did.

I think Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony are one and the same. Deny until the end of time. SODDI. They are all out to get me. They say Peterson had adapted to prison. His last mugshot showed me he now looks like a crazed loony. Hopefully Casey turns out the same when she is on death row.

456px-Spetersonmug1.jpg

I think this sums up ICA quite well. I'll never forget how upset she was that the family was eating chili without her.

Her callous, self-centered and unemotional words during a situation she, herself, has described as having her daughter kidnapped and missing for 30 days, in a location she has no knowledge of, and whose well-being she cannot confirm leaves us speechless and unable to grasp what we are hearing. When confronted in her first phone call from jail by her friend Kristina Chester beginning to break down and sob while she states she doesn’t know what she’ll do if something has happened to Caylee, Casey’s response is, “Calling you guys…a waste, a huge waste.” Just days after what should have been her daughter’s 3rd birthday, we hear Casey in a jailhouse visit with her parents whine and voice resentment over the fact they all ate chili without her. We’ve seen her make the appearance of crying but a few times, and each of those have been connected to statements made about her – not Caylee.

The difference between her reactions and Kristina's sum it up beautifully. And luckily, the jury will hear that difference, just as we did.

If anyone can watch this with kyle thomas singing with no reaction they may be walking dead . you can move clip forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVUuyFq_Zvg

Oops! I may be walking dead! Well, I had some reaction, goose bumps thinking about how the message of what he sang may resonate with some who are missing a loved one. Other than that, he's a good singer but it's not my kind of music and not really inspirational to me.

GA seemed moved at times while CA seemed almost giddy at times which would match with the charismatic message provided by that church, but it's all very foreign to me. Your baby is gone from earth and you will not get to see her, smell, her or hold her for as long as you live. I would have little reason to feel giddy even with the future promise of a reunion. But, that's my culture - we grieve very dramatically and hard. So, it's hard for me to gauge whether the Anthony family reactions in this context are normal, a familiar or cultural trait or religiously inspired, whatever. To me, LA had the most relatable (SP?) reaction - even when confronted with the beauty of the service. At such a time, one would feel immune, I would think, to the message of hope. He never really clapped, he never smiled, he sat with a long face the entire time during the clip.

I guess I don't know how or whether this relates to casey's lack of normal emotion. Is this just how this family is? They can mask their emotion for the most part? However, e have all seen every member of that family except casey show grief about Caylee. I think it's clear that she is sociopathic. That explains why hearing about decomp does nothing to her. I mean, this was a person who could rive around with her rotting child's corpse in the car and not be bothered! Imagine that for a moment. Your beloved baby and the stench that evidences her non-existence resonating through your nostrils, day in and day out. That would send me to a mental institution or off a bridge. Not casey. She was only worried about what the smell would tell others.

Nevertheless, I think people can have personality disorders by degrees. I don't think every sociopath is always completely unfeeling towards others. I do think casey was fond at times of Caylee and that the reality of how she snuffed such an angel's life out did affect her at times. Of course, it's not an affect that comes close to approximating normal, human devotion and connection. But I do think it will cause some real emotion when the state confronts her with the reality. We'll see.

LolaMoon08 - Please please go to Todays News and watch this new video posted that Bill Scheaffer has done - you will feel SO much better!!! :therethere:

What Would It Take For Casey To Get Acquitted?

http://www.wftv.com/news/27507863/detail.html

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of 4 Defense Strategies
http://www.wftv.com/video/27506963/index.html

I love this man's mind and his clarity!! :heartluv:

I guess I could sit and read and come up with any number of highly scientific labels for Casey Anthony to explain what she did. But after hearing how she speaks to her family when they don't cooperate completely, I have come to the simple conclusion that she is just plain mean. Cooperate with her and you get a great big ol' smile. Talk about the deed she has done and she is barely able to conceal her annoyance.

Sometimes it pays to perceive people as you did as a child. That rarely fails a person. I guess I get weary of seeing people excused from committing heinous crimes because they are (insert any number of ten dollar words here). Everyone has to have a label. So I shall give Casey a label. She is mean.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQK700P8nM[/ame] if they play this in court would one juror think this mom could not kill her daughter? how time can change events is beyond belief . her ex bf said casey could not hurt a fly but the girl he saw now arrested does not seem same. jurors will discuss how that happened i bet and i wish i was that fly on wall!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back