Trial Thread 10 May 2012 - Judge's Instructions and maybe deliberations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LindaNguyenPN "It is your duty to raise above emotional considerations and dispassionately decide this case based solely on the evidence," says Heeney

....sorry websleuther is not allowingme to post again for 5 mins...I am going to fast for them....LOL...rockin robyn really roacks too quick...I hope N/T or sailor gets important tweet explaining circumsatial evidence or something like that ...posting when websleuth allows..sorry..

LindaNguyenPN He acknowledged the instructions will be lengthy. But in the end, they should just use "common sense" to reach a verdict #Rafferty

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
He acknowledged the instructions will be lengthy. But in the end, they should just use "common sense" to reach a verdict

Ahhhh common sense!

RaffertyLFP: Court is resuming jury in

RaffertyLFP: Heeney tell jury that McClintic's statement to police on May 24/09 that Rafferty killed Tori can be considered as evidence in the trial

Heeney tells the jury they can consider the statement from May 24th, 2009, in which McClintic swung the hammer, as evidence.

Could be other bodily fluids from her sexual assault. Not meaning to be graphic here. MOO!

I believe what the judge is trying to reinforce is that there was a blood stain on the bag with three separate DNA profiles. Now all the DNA could be as a result of blood or it could be made up of blood and other bodily fluids.

The Crown's position is that it is Victoria's blood possibly mixed with MR's DNA from another bodily fluid such as semen since there has been no evidence that MR was bleeding during this crime. The third profile could be from anyone or anywhere because it was on the bottom of the bag and the bag has likely been set down in a multitude of different places.

The stain was on the bottom of the bag and was likely very degraded because of this and yet neither Victoria or MR can be ruled out as being two of the three DNA profiles.

I think that's what I got from the tweets when they were discussing the stain and when the Crown was wrapping up.

MOO

Starting to like Heeney just a little bit so far. It sounds like he's doing a good job explaining to the Jury.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney said the May 24 statement was not court testimony but she was advised of her rights and it was videotaped

McClintic admitted during other statements to police, she was lying. Heeney says that can be considered.

RaffertyLFP: McClintic changed her story to say she killed Tori Heeney said McClintic's explanation was that she could not accept she killed Tori

RaffertyLFP: Heeney said it is up to they jury to determine which version is true or if both are not true

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Rodney Stafford has left for the day. Says there's not enough happening for him to stick around. Didn't seem upset like before

Hope he's ok :(

RaffertyLFP Heeney tell jury that McClintic's statement to police on May 24/09 that Rafferty killed Tori can be considered as evidence in the trial

RaffertyLFP Heeney said the May 24 statement was not court testimony but she was advised of her rights and it was videotaped

AM980_Court Heeney tells the jury they can consider the statement from May 24th, 2009, in which McClintic swung the hammer, as evidence.

RaffertyLFP McClintic changed her story to say she killed Tori Heeney said McClintic's explanation was that she could not accept she killed Tori

M980_Court Going over McClintic's testimony, and prior statements.

affertyLFP Heeney said it is up to they jury to determine which version is true or if both are not true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419