Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LE is monitoring FB for these types of comments. As some point (probably once the perp's lawyer see them) they will be taken down, and I think they could be beneficial to the prosecution. If they need to discredit a particular witness, these kinds of comments would do that. Hope someone is getting screen shots.

I feel bad for FS. She graduated High School in 2010, at 17, with plans of going to Gavilan Community College. Then she realized she was carrying his child. Obviously her family was less than thrilled, based on them having him charged with statutory rape, and the fact that they live with HIS mom and sister in a small "camper". Her daughter would have been born in the Fall of 2010, at which time it appears that she became an "ordained minister" online, which would allow her to conduct weddings provided there is a license issued and a marriage certificate filed. I do NOT, however, believe it gives you the "power" to marry YOURSELF to someone, but I wonder if that is what they did. Maybe even without the legal paperwork, but now call themselves married "for appearances." Meanwhile, if she is "legally single" she is probably eligible for all sorts of social services assistance. Her job can't pay well enough to support herself, a child and another ont he way. MOO

Great sleuthing! Where did you find all of the information on FS? If it was from the Today Show interview, I haven't seen it yet.:rocker:

I hope LE is monitoring FB for these types of comments. As some point (probably once the perp's lawyer see them) they will be taken down, and I think they could be beneficial to the prosecution. If they need to discredit a particular witness, these kinds of comments would do that. Hope someone is getting screen shots.

Also because someone, either wife or mother, said that he never knew or met or saw Sierra. So explain the DNA then...

SBM

Accomplice? IF he did take Sierra to the area he lives in just more proof he's a very STUPID perp!

SS said yesterday in the PC they have no evidence that anyone else is involved. Just Torres.

IMO

I felt bad for her, too at first. But after reading her posts about Sierra on FB, I do not feel bad for her ONE iota.

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post ... my concern is about her delusions and what she's saying about Sierra—and that she could somehow scramble the case by lying. It would be terrible to have your husband charged like this, but what she said was definitely uncalled for. My worst case scenario would be for her to suggest that there was prior contact that could explain the DNA evidence or something like that. I'm a worrier, sadly ...

Doh, my whole post got deleted.

Does anyone know if SL's shoes were ever found?

That still stands out as very odd to me, and a possibility that she may still be alive, somewhere. (Or, if he took her out of the area, he made her walk for some distance).

Ya know, with this guys 'tude AND, since he was questioned "numerous times" by LE, AND, per his sister, "knew" he was being followed - which, BTW, I call BS on - IMO, the reports of "no blood in the car", makes me go toward strangulation. I'm thinking, MAYBE, LE found a rope or "garotte" type of thing with her hair wrapped up in it in his trunk...???
MAYBE that's what led them to believe she's dead???

IMO, I honestly believe this arrogant _______ (fill in with YOUR fav term) thought IF he did this manually, and there was no blood, and IF he did the 'ol "take it to get cleaned" or vaccuum inside, there would be no evidence of Sierra ever being in his car.

IMO, a great deal of perps don't realize there's "other" ways to get DNA...not just sperm, etc.
IMO, he did what has been mentioned in prior posts. IMO (Lord, is THAT being over used or what...LOL). Again, been mentioned before in other posts...He had her remove her clothes by herself...SHE "folded" them herself to "buy time"...maybe he'd change his mind, etc. MAYBE some of HER skin cells were located in his car...as was mentioned....tears - which breaks my heart to even read....IF she were sitting naked in his car, "other" organic fluids, and skin cells.
Cars are funny to me, you can wipe down the seats, etc, but there's all these "nooks and crannies" and thread sewing them together where "stuff" MIGHT hide.

In some of the other attacks, the perp was described as "running away"...in some he had a car.

One more time, "IMO", I think 2 of her Tweets had something to do with this.

1) As mentioned before, the one where she "closes the door" and says "AWK" (I'm taking that as "akward").
2) She mentions about how weird it is that people from one school know people from the new school.

Gonna go out on a limb here....IMO, I THINK, MAYBE he got to gain her trust by giving her a ride, etc....due to her Tweets, as I understand them. AND, the proximity of them to her going missing.
I THINK this because he MAY be responsible for a good amount of the attacks in the area.
AND, all prior attempts - IF it's him for more than the one - ended up not working. His victims ran, screamed, got away.
He thought he was gonna be "smart" this time. Create a false sense of security for Sierra, and IMO, she accepted a ride when he showed up at her house....just, IMO.
The rest is just a horrific series of events. :(

I believe at the PC they said they DID NOT Have a murder weapon...

Can someone confirm?

ETA...but along your lines of thinking the murder weapon may be his hands (strangulation).

My brother's murderers were charged with murder months before his body was found. I am not going to talk about specific evidence, but there are many ways to prove someone was murdered without having their actual body in evidence.

I am sorry about your brother, Melley! :praying:

C/P from post made by EPIPHANY in last thread...

The first major breakthrough came on March 28 -- 12 days after Sierra's disappearance -- when the crime lab came back with news that DNA found on Sierra's clothing matched Garcia-Torres. His DNA coding was already in the law enforcement database.

In May 2009, police reports show that Garcia-Torres was arrested for obstructing justice when Morgan Hill police arrived at his former home looking for a probationer believed to be living there. Garcia-Torres repeatedly cursed at officers and told them to leave. Later, while being held in a town jail cell awaiting booking, he reportedly overflowed the cell's toilet and engraved graffiti into a bench. Police added a charge of vandalism and he was sentenced to 10 days in jail and one year probation.

In June 2010, he was arrested on suspicion of felony battery by sheriff's deputies after allegedly punching a tenant who owed his mother rent, according to the report. Charges were never filed in that case.

Evidence collected in the Sierra case also led authorities to believe Garcia-Torres was involved in at least one of three unsolved nighttime assaults in a pair of Safeway stores in Morgan Hill in 2009, Smith said. In one case, a man hid in the back of a parked car before accosting a female driver with the Taser.

The bigger breakthrough in the Sierra case came just days ago, when the crime lab came back with a positive match of Sierra's DNA in the red Jetta.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nstantly-weeks

It just gets me that a good number of felons commit crimes RIGHT after they are released...it's a darn shame when they get out and do the SAME crime they were in jail for - unfortunately, many times it's rapists, murderers, and pediphiles....and in THIS case...ONE month after his probation ended....

Anyone post about WHERE the property is/was that someone would "owe" rent to his mom???

TIA!!

They are saying it adamantly because they are charging AGT with murder, and they are probably hoping he would give up some info or cop to some kind of deal if he said where she could be found. Can't really accuse someone of murder and not be adamant about it. They obviously have no blood, no body, no weapon, no crime scene...not a lot to go on. But, you can't charge someone with murder and not be adamant about it. A week ago they were saying they have no indication she is dead and they probably still have very little indication, unless there was some kind of decomp or cadaver hit on the car. Seems like that would've been found out way before last night.

Maybe I am way off base... but it seems to me the items they took from his trailer (blanket, etc.) could have MUCH more of the evidence they needed to tie him to murder.:waitasec:

JMO

C/P from post made by EPIPHANY in last thread...

The first major breakthrough came on March 28 -- 12 days after Sierra's disappearance -- when the crime lab came back with news that DNA found on Sierra's clothing matched Garcia-Torres. His DNA coding was already in the law enforcement database.

In May 2009, police reports show that Garcia-Torres was arrested for obstructing justice when Morgan Hill police arrived at his former home looking for a probationer believed to be living there. Garcia-Torres repeatedly cursed at officers and told them to leave. Later, while being held in a town jail cell awaiting booking, he reportedly overflowed the cell's toilet and engraved graffiti into a bench. Police added a charge of vandalism and he was sentenced to 10 days in jail and one year probation.

In June 2010, he was arrested on suspicion of felony battery by sheriff's deputies after allegedly punching a tenant who owed his mother rent, according to the report. Charges were never filed in that case.

Evidence collected in the Sierra case also led authorities to believe Garcia-Torres was involved in at least one of three unsolved nighttime assaults in a pair of Safeway stores in Morgan Hill in 2009, Smith said. In one case, a man hid in the back of a parked car before accosting a female driver with the Taser.

The bigger breakthrough in the Sierra case came just days ago, when the crime lab came back with a positive match of Sierra's DNA in the red Jetta.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nstantly-weeks

It just gets me that a good number of felons commit crimes RIGHT after they are released...it's a darn shame when they get out and do the SAME crime they were in jail for - unfortunately, many times it's rapists, murderers, and pediphiles....and in THIS case...ONE month after his probation ended....

Anyone post about WHERE the property is that someone would "owe" rent to his mom???

TIA!!

BBM - I am going to go out on a limb and say it was an illegal sub-let at the farmhouse.

Can someone confirm?

ETA...but along your lines of thinking the murder weapon may be his hands (strangulation).

I don't think they know yet how she was murdered, so even if he had a weapon, who's to say that's the murder weapon?

Until they find the body, they can't say how she was murdered, all they can say is they believe she was murdered.

Had to have a screen shot of that convo.......

I was so appaled I had to walk away last night and I havn't been back since. I just can't bear to see a teenaged victim's character being assasinated like that.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks, duh, I didn't even THINK about the "no murder weapon"....grrrr....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member