Song Casey Anthony played repeatedly while out on bond

Status
Not open for further replies.
WFTV also wondered about a song that Casey Anthony played repeatedly while out on bond. The Sevendust song is called "The Past" and carries this lyric: "Beneath the water that's falling from my eyes, Lays a soul I've left behind."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/11/when-mark-nejam.html

I'm familar with the song and actually like Sevendust and Chris Duaghtry.

The song is interesting if you listen to all the lyrics.

"the edge of sorrow was reached but now I'm fine"

"I'm up, I'm down, like a rollercoaster racing through my life
I've erased the past again"

"a risky morning, I feel like I'm alive
I can't believe I've made it through this time
the edge of sorrow I lived in for some time
has left the hole I have inside"

"The burden is I try
My hate was the last thing I ever felt
or thought I could escape"

Sevendust The Past Lyrics:
Beneath the water
that's falling from my eyes
lays a soul I've left behind
the edge of sorrow was
reached but now I'm fine
I've filled the hole I had inside

I pray it doesn't scream my name
so I light a flame and let it breathe
the air that kills the shame

I'm up
I'm down
like a rollercoaster
racing through my life
I've erased the past again

a risky morning
I feel like I'm alive
I can't believe I've made
it through this time

the edge of sorrow I
lived in for some time
(lived in for some time)
has left the hole I have inside

The burnin edge that drowned my hate
was the last thing I ever felt
or thought I could escape

I'm up
I'm down
like a rollercoaster
racing through my life
I've erased the past again [x2]

You led me here then broke me down
the difference is this time around
I will not let you see me drown

I'm up
I'm down
like a rollercoaster
racing through my life
I've erased the past again [x2]

Erased the past again now
Erased the past again

Beneath the water
that's falling from my eyes

Bold is mine

In a diff thread I spoke of two lakes that were near where her phone was pinging, I cant remember their names now and I don't even know if they are still there as another poster said it was a old google map shot not recently updated although I wouldnt imagine two lakes would be wiped out

I'll see if i can find the post

Is this a newer song? I only ask because to me, I think it would be more meaningful in Casey's case if it were an older song, or one that she wrote herself. Definitely if she wrote the song, it would be very telling. And, if it was an older song that she now all the sudden relates to, that would be very telling, too. But, if its a new song, she probably just really likes it and hasn't gotten sick of it yet, so she plays it alot. That doesn't sound all that meaningful to me. I do that alot if there is a new song that I really like, and its not because I relate to it, its just that I like the song and haven't gotten sick of it yet.

Bold is mine

In a diff thread I spoke of two lakes that were near where her phone was pinging, I cant remember their names now and I don't even know if they are still there as another poster said it was a old google map shot not recently updated although I wouldnt imagine two lakes would be wiped out

I'll see if i can find the post

...............WOW, thanks! I gave me the creeps........
I like Papa's song better........You are my SUNSHINE!
Wonder if they ever told Papa that Caylee is missing????

I understand why she was identifying with that song, the lyrics are definately telling her story. She is a scary person.

Is this a newer song? I only ask because to me, I think it would be more meaningful in Casey's case if it were an older song, or one that she wrote herself. Definitely if she wrote the song, it would be very telling. And, if it was an older song that she now all the sudden relates to, that would be very telling, too. But, if its a new song, she probably just really likes it and hasn't gotten sick of it yet, so she plays it alot. That doesn't sound all that meaningful to me. I do that alot if there is a new song that I really like, and its not because I relate to it, its just that I like the song and haven't gotten sick of it yet.

From what I gather it was a older song

...............WOW, thanks! I gave me the creeps........
I like Papa's song better........You are my SUNSHINE!
Wonder if they ever told Papa that Caylee is missing????

Here is the other thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75251

i was talking about and it was Lake Deborah I was speaking of - is that still there / anyone know ?
I wonder if Harobed (deborah spelt backwards) has any significance ?

On a lighter note passionflower you wrote
I gave me the creeps
:crazy: heh heh do you ? give yourself the creeps LOL

This youtube shows the lyics while the song is playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe9GH8c0wQ

I wonder what was going through her mind when she listened to this over and over? Was it a break up song? Was she thinking of Tony? Was she thinking of Caylee?

I know when I listen to the same song over and over it because of the feeling I get when I listen to some music. Especially when the words resonate and have meaning.

Here is the other thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75251

i was talking about and it was Lake Deborah I was speaking of - is that still there / anyone know ?
I wonder if Harobed (deborah spelt backwards) has any significance ?

On a lighter note passionflower you wrote

:crazy: heh heh do you ? give yourself the creeps LOL

LOL, yeah, I am creeped out.......typo should of been IT creeped me out....I've typed and read to much tonight!
Ready for drewp to get :behindbar soon like tomorrow maybe????

I remember a woman that took her kids in a car in the woods and shot them and herself.......truely a nutty woman that was in love with a guy that didn't want kids........she played a song over and over again...........everytime I hear the song (80's)
I lose it!!! I can't remember the song ......cry like a wolf???

I remember a woman that took her kids in a car in the woods and shot them and herself.......truely a nutty woman that was in love with a guy that didn't want kids........she played a song over and over again...........everytime I hear the song (80's)
I lose it!!! I can't remember the song ......cry like a wolf???

Diane Downs...the song was Duran Duran's "Hungry like a wolf".

In Small Sacrifices., Ann Rule said Diane D. actually tapped her pencil to the music and seemed to hum along when it was played for the jury. According to Diane that was the song that was playing while her children were being shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member