Identified! MI - Ingham Co., Remains found in Container in Grand River, Aug'17 - Leon Lockwood

In no time the divers contacted the Ingham County Sheriff's office who responded quickly by contacting the capital area dive team to retrieve a rather heavy container of remains. The bones were then taken to the medical examiner's office for further investigation. And now...

"Now what we need to do is go through any missing persona and/or cases involving homicide or possible dismemberment either at this agency or area wide. Start piecing together who these belong to, whose responsible for whatever happened to them"

The sheriff says they have been working tirelessly with the detective bureau and the ME's office to try and find a possible DNA match on the identity of the bones. The sheriff also said they will not stop if the DNA test comes back inconclusive.

"If it hasn't come to a conclusion yet we can at least see what happened and whose responsible and prosecute those offenders if there are some."

The sheriff said they are assuming it might be just one person's remains however those results are pending on the ME's findings.
http://www.wilx.com/content/news/UPDATE--440407153.html

BBM.

Boy, this made me think of Israel Keyes as soon as I read it.

Does LE have an idea how long this container had been submerged? I know a dumb question.. just curious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Does LE have an idea how long this container had been submerged? I know a dumb question.. just curious!

Very little information has been released regarding this. Stating it could be a homicide was about it. I may contact a few reporters tomorrow in that area and see if there are any updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very little information has been released regarding this. Stating it could be a homicide was about it. I may contact a few reporters tomorrow in that area and see if there are any updates.

Thank you!

Have there been any pictures of the plastic container posted? Has there been a detailed description of it given?

Have there been any pictures of the plastic container posted? Has there been a detailed description of it given?

No. I have not even seen anything in the media saying it is plastic. Is everyone assuming it was made of plastic or did I miss an article?

The only missing person from Mason that I can find is Franklin Gottschalk, missing since 1997. Some of his items were found on theShiawassee St Bridge in Lansing, which goes over the Grand River. Divers searched the river and found nothing. I wonder if it's possible for remains in a container to travel that far down the Grand River?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ason-2-Feb-1997&highlight=Franklin+Gottschalk

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9159/

Distance from the bridge to the Canoe Landing near where these remains were found: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/42....573eb87d9d1dd6!2m2!1d-84.6005448!2d42.5827685

Of course this could be any missing person from Ingham County, MI or elsewhere. Just thought Franklin's story was interesting.

Good find Gardener....thinking about your question....I'm not sure....depending on the material of the container and the current....(no nothing about that) In the Netherlands there are sometimes body's found in rivers from missing people from Germany (as the rivers run to the sea and lower land)

I thought I had heard or read plastic, but I don't see it anywhere now. Don't know whether it changed or I assumed.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

This I could find on the container (not went trough all the articles)

In no time the divers contacted the Ingham County Sheriff's office who responded quickly by contacting the capital area dive team to retrieve a rather heavy container of remains. The bones were then taken to the medical examiner's office for further investigation....etc.

http://www.fox47news.com/news/local-news/update-human-bones-found-in-grand-river

I contacted two reporters to see if there have been any new information released to media .

Thanks Karmabus for reaching out to media !! ( and HUGS to you, I think about you and your family often)

Just popping in for updates !!

I live about 20 miles from Mason but I haven't had a free moment to start reaching out to friends there yet or even start digging around myself.

Hopefully we will find out more soon !!

I contacted two reporters to see if there have been any new information released to media .

You Rock! Thanks

There have been no updates given to media. The last they heard was they were treating it as a homicide... which means very few details will be released . I'll keep poking around.

Not to sound silly, but when a body is put in a barrel, it weighs more and tends to sink. So if the body starts to decompose, then does it get lighter causing the barrel to start surfacing?

Not to sound silly, but when a body is put in a barrel, it weighs more and tends to sink. So if the body starts to decompose, then does it get lighter causing the barrel to start surfacing?

It would become lighter and float. To go to all that trouble one would think they would weigh it down though.
Ok... getting creeped out thinking about this.

My relative indicates there's nothing much on the rumor front. Lots of speculation though.

I thought I had heard or read plastic, but I don't see it anywhere now. Don't know whether it changed or I assumed.

Thanks for double checking. Sometimes they say things in videos but not in the text of the article and I can't always watch video so I thought perhaps I missed it. I was wondering if this could be a metal barrel rather than a plastic tote, but it sounds like it could be either. It seems they have not specified to the press.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back