Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

[h=1]Police probe possible links between Salt Creek 'rape, attempted murder' and cold case from 20 years ago[/h]The death of Italian tourist Victoria Cafasso in 1995 is one of Tasmania's most baffling unsolved crimes
The 20-year-old was stabbed in a frenzied attack on a lonely beach on the state's east coast.
She was found partially naked in the shallows with her attacker nowhere to be seen.
“Taskforce investigators are in touch regularly with our interstate colleagues and we're seeking their assistance and asking them to check records,” Inspector Trent Cox said.

SA police say there's no evidence to link the 59-year-old Morphett Vale man with any other crimes but Coorong taskforce detectives are leaving no stone unturned.
“Those records of any missing persons are currently being sourced and analysed,” Inspector Cox said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3085982...urder-and-cold-case-from-20-years-ago/?Cmp=fb

I'd better my bottom dollar on a LONG history and previous offences. IMO

If this character is indeed 59 years old it's likely he has a criminal history going back at least 40 years, and possibly even longer if juvenile offences are taken into account.

Didn't I read a comment on another thread here that the Adelaide area has long had a rather creepy history nutter-wise?

Scrolling through one of his facebook accounts gives a good indication of where he resided throughout certain periods. There's a big 20 year gap though, I wonder where he spent that time.

I remember seeing a YouTube of a woman who swore black and blue that Ivan Malat did not commit the Bengalo Forest murders and that it was her ex husband, he was of German decent..does anyone else remember this lady, I cannot find it but. Will keep looking
I'm not sure if this is what you were referring too but I think I found something similar. I don't think I can post the link so google, "my ex husband is the real backpacker killer". Very interesting

I'm not sure if this is what you were referring too but I think I found something similar. I don't think I can post the link so google, "my ex husband is the real backpacker killer". Very interesting

I think this ex wife's husband was known as WMK & he was of German descent. I don't think I'm allowed to post links either, but googling "WMK milat" will bring him up. Anyway, he apparently died in 2014 ... so, if this is the guy Pepe's referring to ... he can't be Salt Creek man.

Yeah just did a little more research and from what I can work out your right. Thanks for that.

Scrolling through one of his facebook accounts gives a good indication of where he resided throughout certain periods. There's a big 20 year gap though, I wonder where he spent that time.

Ah the gap years? Facebook started in 2004. Did he post historic photos/memories/descriptions? Any other states you saw?

Feb 1976 Gold coast
January 4th 1974 Darwin
March 4th 1995 Germany
August 19th 2012 Karratha WA

And a picture dated May 2015, Pegs Creek Karratha

Of course we can't know those dates or times are accurate, they could be made up for all we know but he has taken the time to put those particular dates and places up on his fb profile so I guess they could be correct.

Come to think of it, the photo released of his boat in his front yard & his neighbours saying he's always cleaning it has been bothering me. So, if he's a loner with a boat, catches sharks, has guns ... then god knows whats happened out at sea.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/3078...-alleged-crimes-were-horrible-and-unexpected/

From same article:

His Facebook page shows him posing with a gun, and documents other trips to Salt Creek.

He operates several Facebook pages and has an online profile with a dating site seeking a new Asian wife, where he says he is “respectful to women and gets along with everyone, well almost

How dangerous could that be to so many unsuspecting women? Surely though he wouldn't be foolish enough to harm anyone when there was an electronic trail?

The man accused of kidnapping and raping two backpackers on a remote beach in South Australia allegedly met the pair on Gumtree when they asked for someone to drive them interstate.

The Brazilian and German women posted separate ads on Gumtree's rideshare service asking for a lift from Adelaide to Melbourne, The Adelaide Advertiser reports.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ckers-met-them-on-gumtree#6BGeUo935rDiE0kr.99

OMG! Well at least there would be an electronic trail there for the police.

The man accused of kidnapping and raping two backpackers on a remote beach in South Australia allegedly met the pair on Gumtree when they asked for someone to drive them interstate.

The Brazilian and German women posted separate ads on Gumtree's rideshare service asking for a lift from Adelaide to Melbourne, The Adelaide Advertiser reports.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ckers-met-them-on-gumtree#6BGeUo935rDiE0kr.99

<modsnip>

His name has been mentioned several times in several places along with pics from his Facebook and links to other sites he was on. It was pretty eerie looking at his Facebook. His family have also asked for info to be taken down as you could see who his family are by his profile, people had been contacting them and harassing them.
I'd better my bottom dollar on a LONG history and previous offences. IMO

Re previous offences, media quoted reports from neighbours of police activity at his house prior to Coorong so I was looking at some of the Adelaide unsolveds from the 70s.

I don't know if he's lived around Morphett Vale all his life, but if he has he only lived 10 mins from Patricia Schmidt who was murdered aged 16 in 1971. He would've only been 15 at the time but he's 6'6' now so he might've been big for his age back then. They could've even gone to school together.

There's also Lina Marciano, she was a trainee teacher murdered a bit under 30 mins from Morphett Vale.

She was found wrapped in shower curtains that were manufactured in either West Germany or Belgium ...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/lina-marciano-murder-haunts-family/story-fn34oiv6-1225773886920

& I'm not one for conspiracy theories AT ALL but seriously, what are the chances of a man being caught red-handed attacking international backpackers who turns out to be one of the few people who match Bradley Murdoch in height & other features of the early descriptions from Joanne Lees? How much more of a coincidence is it that of these two 6'6' men who have both allegedly attacked backpackers, one of them would also closely resemble Ivan Milat right down to having pictures of particular weapons on his social media?

I really don't know what to make of all of this yet but at the very least, it's the mother of all coincidences.

Edit : just to be safe, suburb, height & soc media weapon collection pics have all been published by media, I can add links for all of it if it's not already covered by existing links

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back