GUILTY TX - Kala Golden-Schuchardt, 28, Spring, 17 April 2012

Maybe something is leading back to the father. If you want to get rid of your wife,making it look like a baby kidnapping is a pretty good way to deflect the truth.

eta: I am not accusing him. I am just saying that if LE does not know what happened yet, then they need to keep all options open.

This sounds super strange...
unless they have to, because maybe the suspect told them something about knowing the family? That is all I can think of...maybe they even said that someone put them up to it?

I don't think they even have the actual suspect in custody. I think they have detained somebody but I don't think that is the actual suspect. I don't think this family had anything at all to do with any of it and they will return the baby eventually.

We've seen it before... where the suspect made claims like the child was sold to them, or something like that...
All the kids were removed for a while. '

To add to the confusion... a close friend also said on facebook 2 hours ago that the baby was at home with his Dad.
If they wanted to investigate the home or something, why only keep him out of it?
Doesn't make sense.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/F...ath/-/1735978/10960268/-/as9705z/-/index.html

It also occurred to me that the viciousness of this... reminded me of the pregnant woman murdered by her fiance's other girlfriend.
If something is pointing to Dad, why not keep Dad there to question him? Why release him to take care of a 1 and 4 year old?

And if they DO have a good reason... what would the good reason be that would mean the other two boys can stay there? :waitasec:

At one point during the search for Keegan, a SWAT scene unfolded outside an apartment complex in the 12400 block of Sawmill Road, about a mile and a half from where the baby was kidnapped. As the SWAT team moved in they realized no one was in the apartment.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...7820445.html&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13347232701951

Now am I wrong or did they not say they found someone in that apt on the phone leading them to the other location.....UGH media drives me nuts....

I caught that too. :banghead:

Also from article at link:
It’s hard man, it’s hard,” said Keith Schuchardt, the victim’s husband. “I’m going to miss her a lot.”

He and Golden were married for more than three years and had three young sons.

Very sad. My prayers are with the family.

KHOU is really reporting some incorrect info, imo. ^^^^^^^^ They have 3 sons, but were only married last summer according to their FB.

Thank God Keegan was found safe. Now we need to find who murdered his mommy and why?

Earlier reports mentioned a woman shot her. Is that the latest update? Who do they have in custody? TIA

What a senseless crime and so heartbreaking. :(

I keep trying to figure out...as we all have, why this all happened. We have a couple driving around in a Lexis with a weapon, then parked next to the victim, argument ensues, she murdered in broad daylight and her baby is taken. Then the car is found a mile away and the baby is found in another house...in another county. Where the car is found, SWAT enters and finds a woman on the phone, with another woman...and LE tracks the phone call that leads to the infant. I keep thinking surely drugs are involved for someone to randomly shoot 6-7 bullets into someone and then take the child. Really curious what the motive was and how this all played out. What a waste..... and how sick some people can be. Ugh...

I wonder why the baby hasn't been reunited with dad yet?

They said to run background checks on the family...but, I was thinking until the case was investigated and/or arrest, they wanted to make sure no one was still after the baby...????

Surfie, I don't think this is her. This person graduated HS in '86. The perp here is only 30. I couldn't find a FB for her, but she has lived in San Diego, CA...and CT. Other last name of Jackson. She also lived at 12420 Sawmill Rd....guessing where the car was found. Wonder if she was in the military at some point?

I deleted my post about it. I don't want to name an innocent person, that's for sure! Maybe she goes by her middle name? I'm going to try that angle.

Verna Deann McClain, 31, was charged with capital murder. She is being held without bond.

"We believe that some sort of a verbal altercation occurred between the mother of the child and a black female that was in the car parked next to her," Norris said. "The mother of the child tries to get into the vehicle because the black female suspect has taken the child out of the pickup truck and put the child in the Lexus."

Witnesses said the woman repeatedly shot Golden, took the infant and sped away, hitting the dying mother as she screamed "my baby" and tried to reach into the Lexus, Norris said. Witnesses also reported hearing as many as seven gunshots and said a man also was in the Lexus, which is blood-stained on the driver's side, Norris said.

"I saw a lady fall down here in the parking lot. I saw another lady get out and I saw a guy get out of the car that the lady who shot her was driving and get the baby out of the other lady's car that was shot and they just got in the car and drove off," witness Tia Collins said.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/K...sted/-/1735978/10961084/-/hpohtb/-/index.html

McClain reportedly told her sister that she was about to adopt a baby, FOX 26 has learned. She told investigators she did not know Kayla Golden, 28, the mother who was killed.

~~~~~~~

The FOX 26 contributor says investigators found the infant at McClain's home on Sugar Pine Circle near FM 1960 in the Ponderosa area.

Law enforcement officers surrounded an apartment complex on Sawdust near Sawmill Road before 7 p.m. Tuesday. There were reports on the ground, indicating the scene may have been linked to the kidnapping/murder. A SWAT team took several people into custody.

An hour later, Keegan was found at a different, undisclosed location.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/120418-kidnapping-capital-murder-arrest#ixzz1sOU4RkLp

Court documents also detail how McClain's sister told authorities that Verna had been wanting to adopt a child and now had that child.

"There were statements as indicated in the arrest record which were made by Ms. McClain, that led us to believe that this was an intentional act on her part not that Ms. Golden was targeted specifically but that this was part of a plan to kidnap a child," Ligon said.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8625833

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back