AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ER does a tox screen on all suicide attempts so they know what they are dealing with. Even if someone has a gun shot wound, they might also be an overdose because some need the numbing effect of the drug to be able to pull the trigger.
OK...thanks for clarifying...I do know my info about tox tests comes from car, 4-wheeler accidents, etc.

At one point not long after her disappearance, someone was using her facebook page and some other family members announced on the Hometown Search facebook 'EVENT' that someone in her family had "hacked" into her facebook account and that it was not BW using facebook.

Have you read through Brittney's first thread? A lot of this was discussed and the date of the post might help coordinate the time line. If I have time today, I'll reread it and tag the important posts. These's so much info in the first thread that I've forgotten, but those facebook posts are noted there.

FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And Jane Valez Mitchell from HHL had a program about Brittney June 11. This will help with the timeline.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html

I'd speculate he (1) collected medical disability (I saw 5-6 bottles prescription meds in several home photos) and (2) supplemented income with odd jobs & dabbled in other things (perhaps reason BW would go visit). JMO

BBM
Main source of income in my opinion.

We don't know what part of the body DH shot himself in, but do we know if he had an open or closed casket? Or cremated? Knowing that might help us guess entrance wound.

I don't know whether he owned a boat. But he was ticketed at some point in the past with operating a boat without a flotation device. So he either owned the boat or had borrowed it. If he owned it, perhaps he still owns it. If it borrowed it, perhaps he still had access to it. If the house was actually on the river, there's a good chance that there was a boat around. I am not at all familiar with this river or the area in general. Does the river connect to larger bodies of water?

Beer man! Yes it connects. I'm from down there (Mobile) and you can sail or motorboat to most a lot of different rivers/bays.

When DH was found in the vehicle, did it appear he was sitting on the driver’s or passenger’s side? TIA

We don't know what part of the body DH shot himself in, but do we know if he had an open or closed casket? Or cremated? Knowing that might help us guess entrance wound.

I don't personally talk to anyone who went to the funeral. And I don't recall ever hearing where his wound was.

When DH was found in the vehicle, did it appear he was sitting on the driver’s or passenger’s side? TIA

I don't think it's been said by a credible source, if any. The person(s) who found him are not considered by me to be describing events accurately.

Thanks for the list FootballMom - Great Job!

I don’t know whether “Someone” got her dates mixed up, but this is what she said in the first post (quoted from FootballMom’s list)

06/04/12 05:39PM - Someone posts 'Last time anyone seen her was wed. But I looked at “his” phone he talked to her Thursday night around 7 .'

Someone’s post a few days later (not in FM's list)

“No she was not there Thursday. All they would give me about her phone was the last call was wed. Around 7 to Donnie. Last text was around 7 wed. To some other number so she hasnt had any contact with anyone after wed”

But she also said they (Cell Provider) gave her the last 4 numbers of the last call or text sooooooooooooIMO she knows exactly who it was! Now my question is why would they give HER that information?

Below are snippets from JVM's program that might help with the timeline. You can read the entire interview at the link.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html

"UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: (Brittney's stepdad PH) Thursday Brittany Wood tells family members that she was headed to this house near Styx River to see her Uncle Donnie. Donnie Wood returned home to Fair Hope on Friday and shot himself. Brittany hasn`t been heard from since."

"UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (PH) Her uncle has committed suicide, and supposedly he was the last one she was with. And so we`re worried about that."

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Brittany left from this location, her mother`s house in Tillman`s Corner. But then she supposedly went all the way to another area, Styx River, which is over 30, almost 40 miles away. That`s where she reportedly met her uncle, but her uncle then returned to his home in Fair Hope, and then he committed suicide. So this case is literally all over the map."

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s take a look at the route that Brittany might have taken. She was last seen walking on foot from her mom`s house in Tillman`s Corner. Then her cell phone pings under a mile from the house her uncle was at, apparently, reportedly, by Waterworld Road, which is more than 40 miles away from her mom`s house."

"WOOD: Well, I do not believe they have a relationship. He was married to my sister. And he was -- he was -- my son has even went to their house a lot.

My sister was at that house with Donnie the Thursday night, that would be June 1st. So we don`t know if she even made it to Don`s. She was not actually seen with Donnie. The reason we`re searching that area is because her phone was pinged there."

And here's the video of the entire episode. Brittney's stepdad PH speaks to the cell phone pings:

Brittney Wood: 6/11/12 - YouTube

I don't think it's been said by a credible source, if any. The person(s) who found him are not considered by me to be describing events accurately.

Thanks, Zeaux.

Is it fact that he was shot in the vehicle? Evidence in the vehicle?

If CW (her mom) was not aware of these investigations into this sexual misconduct and incest going on in her family she is very aware of it now and should be asking alot of questions of WWH and MWK.....And she should be getting answers! If they wont ans her then she should know they are hiding things! Uncle donnie has been trouble for a very long time!

LE should be camped out on their doorsteps!

JMO

no idea on autospy or even if they are doing one, Zeaux?

My understanding that the aunt tried to get messages and deleted ones after she was reported missing, also after uncle shot himself (or someone elese shot him) IMO

I am very interested in the trajectory of the gun shot!

Referring to the autopsy...

He shot himself in the head - I found a link to a prayer site, which said he had a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head and asking for a prayer (posted June 2 before he died) .

I don't feel comfortable posting the link, as it lists all the names of his family members but you can do a search.

I found you get so much information when you read all the posts after the articles.
They tell you way more than the article itself!

This Fairhope woman's death was mentioned in the previous thread. Hannah Rogers, 24 died in March 2012. Note the comment from the Chief of Police. I interpret that as the investigation is still open. (Still looking for news about Fish River.)
www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/15/justice-hannah-ar-3981356

I def think something is amiss with Hannah's case! they should be investigating further!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth