Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Sherin Mathews, age 3 was reported missing on October 7, 2017 sometime after 8 am.

Sherin is 3 feet tall and weighs 22 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
Last seen around 3am in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson Texas, around 3 a.m. Last seen wearing a pink top and black pajama bottoms.

Her father told police he last saw her at around 3 am when he instructed her to stand by a tree about a 100 feet from her residence/property across an alley way as punishment for not drinking her milk. He claims when he went to fetch her back in around 15 minutes later she was nowhere to be found. He told them he decided to do some laundry and wait until daylight to look for her further.

Some links with decent synopsis/information

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/

Previous Thread (#2)
Previous Thread (#3)
Previous Thread (#4)
Previous Thread (#5)

ADMIN NOTE:

Mom has not been named suspect or POI by LE nor has she been charged with any crime. Parents have retained counsel and parents are said to be no longer speaking with police:
Sherin’s parents are no longer speaking with police and have retained attorneys, Perlich said. Sherin’s mother was asleep when Mathews told Sherin to go stand outside and wasn’t aware that he’d given her daughter those instructions, Perlich said. [Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a spokesman for the Richardson Police Department.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-then-she-disappeared/?utm_term=.f421b032c631

You MAY discuss anything in MSM about mother, her public statements or public statements made on her behalf.

You MAY NOT sleuth her, accuse her of harming her child(ren), covering for someone else, etc.

You WILL treat her as a victim as required by TOS.

You may NOT make this discussion about religion or patriarchal cultures. Period.

If you chose to post in a manner outside the rules you face losing posting privileges.

THE LATEST:
The couple went before a judge, along with officials from Texas Child Protective Services (CPS), concerning the custody of their 4-year-old biological child. CPS removed the little girl from the home and placed her in foster care just days after Sherin disappeared.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/23/mom-missing-girl-court-officials-id-body-found/

The father of a 3-year-old Texas girl missing since Oct. 7 told police that he watched his daughter choke on milk and die, then removed her body from the home, according to an arrest affidavit.

Affidavit

Body found in Richardson confirmed as missing 3-year-old Sherin Mathews

The news just reported that the ID is confirmed as Sherin Mathews but cause of death is pending.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=753087774889270&id=148017365396317

[video=twitter;922867948309671936]https://twitter.com/richardsontx_pd/status/922867948309671936[/video]

He force fed her (milk) , at 3:00 am, in the garage, possibly inside a vehicle, (that was initially missing?) away from the sleeping mother. She was coughing and then stopped breathing.

DNA and hair like fibers, collected from the Acura MDX from where? The front seat? floor mats? ...
Got it! I am beyond disgusted!!!!

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...chardson-missing-girl-investigation/484289189

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...richardson-girl-turns-dna-swabs-floor-mat-suv

"In another search warrant for the family's 2013 Acura MDX, detectives collected a floor mat, DNA swabs and a USB drive."

Seized from Acura MDX

"Floor mat
DNA swabs
USB drive
Interior sunroof slide cover
Seat belt
Cabin air filter
Radio module
Display monitor"

Seized from family’s Lexus

"Costco receipt dated Oct. 5, 2017
Driver’s side floormat
5 DNA swabs from pedals, steering wheel, gear shift, driver controls"

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do we know what time the mother woke up?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Exploring a theory here.... Seeing Sherin standing next to her sister in the singing video really brought home for me how small she was. I wonder if appearing "normal" is important in this family. So that Sherin's size stood out to them as something that needed to be fixed and controlled. So maybe he (they?) had imposed a strict feeding routine to "fix" her. Every night, like clock work, he took her to the garage to feed her, so they wouldn't wake up the house. Every night, she got a protein drink/shake ("milk"). And still her size doesn't change, and this "father" gets angry because "people are talking." One flaw with this is that Sherin's mother, as a nurse, would have known this was bullony. But that could be explained by the power dynamics in the family, if she was being controlled too. (I just see him as being very controlling, and easy to rage. Not going off of any MSM. IMO only.)

Was the garage a normal place for these "feedings" in the wee hours of the morning? Because why?

ID confirmed as Sherin according to Maria Guerrero's latest FB post.

Was the garage a normal place for these "feedings" in the wee hours of the morning? Because why?
Exactly! IMO it's because she vomited in the missing vehicle and he has to have a reason to explain a reason why the vomit wasn't where her car seat was.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think there is anything "normal" about this family. IMHO.

Texas Penal Code 22.04, F/1 reads as follows:
Texas Penal Code- Assaultive Offenses
Sec. 22.04. INJURY TO A CHILD, ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL, OR DISABLED INDIVIDUAL.
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly by omission, causes to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual:
(1) serious bodily injury;
(2) serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury; or
(3) bodily injury.
(f) An offense under Subsection (a)(3) or (a-1)(3) is a felony of the third degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly, except that an offense under Subsection (a)(3) is a felony of the second degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly and the victim is a disabled individual residing in a center, as defined by Section 555.001, Health and Safety Code, or in a facility licensed under Chapter 252, Health and Safety Code, and the actor is an employee of the center or facility whose employment involved providing direct care for the victim. When the conduct is engaged in recklessly, the offense is a state jail felony.

[video=twitter;922867948309671936]https://twitter.com/richardsontx_pd/status/922867948309671936[/video]

I feel absolutely rancid even saying this, but I am so thankful and relieved that this is Sherin 100%... My reasoning isn't because this little girl is gone, but rather because if it wasn't her, and LE had no other missing little ones, it would mean Sherin was still out there AND someone else had dumped a childs body and never even reported it... soooo very grateful this is Sherin and there aren't two little kids gone...

This bloke is truly something else...he’s playing this like a fiddle. Fancies himself a little Casey Anthony! He knows exactly what he’s doing here!
I remember somebody saying yesterday that they fear a good lawyer like Jose Baez would be able to win this case & I have to say,I sadly agree!

From personal experience, I believe it's completely plausible that Sherin could have choked on her milk.

One of my kids had reflux (which is rather common in young kids) and for the few first years of his life, sometimes, almost as soon as milk would go in his mouth and down his throat, it would come right back up into his throat where he'd have to re-swallow it (TMI, sorry). If Sherin had any sort of compromised swallowing ability, I could see how choking could take place, particularly if she was a little groggy due to the hour.

I remember one time, I was giving my kids a snack at our breakfast bar. I was standing on one side, they were on the other side, but they were facing me, just 1.5 feet away. I was looking down reading a recipe when I noticed it was awfully quiet. I looked up and my son was clearly choking, not making a single sound, not flailing, just a look of sheer panic, eyes bugged out. Thankfully, I was standing right there and no damage was done, but I was shaking like a leaf afterwards because it so easily could have been an unthinkable tragedy.

All this to say, while I believe without a doubt Sherin could have had a choking incident that led to her death... it's WS's ongoing softshoe performance that I cannot reconcile in my mind. I get that people respond to trauma or panic in different ways... but 'cmon! I would be more inclined to believe that she choked and WS saw a prime opportunity. Hence, the lack of thoughtful planning on his part...

MY OPINION ONLY

It sounds as if he’s describing aspiration as opposed to choking.

“When pulmonary aspiration occurs during eating and drinking, the aspirated material is often colloquially referred to as "going down the wrong pipe." Consequences of pulmonary aspiration range from no injury at all, to chemical pneumonitis or pneumonia, to death within minutes from asphyxiation.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_aspiration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that he has admitted to his actions, is THIS enough to terminate his parental rights?

I hope there is enough evidence to prove what REALLY happened, and I don't believe it was milk she choked on...........

RiceCasparr you posted this in the previous thread...

What gets me is "Eventually" he believed she had died...as in he sat and watched and didn't attempt to save her?

I didn't catch the eventually part before you said it... you are absolutely right. WTH is this? .... His wife is a damn nurse fgs, why the hell wasn't he shouting for her help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie