Multi-Jurisdictional Grand Jury in Bedford County, Virginia

It will be streaming live from the church on WDBJ7.com

The setting of the press conference at the church vs. police headquarters really has me thinking. This is just speculation; if they were making arrests in the case, I just don't think they would be announcing it in a church. LE recently stated that a person who could resolve the case lives a "stones throw" from Taylor's Mountain. I'm wondering, could it be that this same person attends Thaxton Baptist church? Consider the atmosphere in the church is much different from that of police headquarters; a spiritual setting vs. an intimidating LE setting. Perhaps this is an attempt to appeal to somebody's sense of compassion and humanity, as well as their moral conscience and what awaits them after their life on this earth.

In announcing the press conference LE said they are shifting to the next "phase" of the investigation; what exactly does that mean? It implies the nature of the investigation is changing, but is it actually going to change to a prosecution phase? It appeared that the investigation started out with two main objectives; first to find the Lyon sisters, and second to identify and prosecute those guilty. However, I recall at some point in the last few months LE said something to the effect that they could perhaps almost be satisfied to bring some resolution to the Lyon family, even if it meant just bringing the girls back home without a successful prosecution of the guilty. Is that the point LE is at now? I suspect that LE has knowledge of who abducted, and sadly, probably killed the girls. But almost 40 years later, unfortunately, they may not have enough physical evidence and direct witnesses to successfully prosecute those responsible. With the girl's parents in their 70's, LLW2 already in prison and RAW about at age 70, would LE now settle for just one of the main goals? I would guess the answer might be yes.
RichardLewis, your comments are very interesting and I am finding myself crying as I type this, however, until I hear there has been a DEFINITE DNA match with the girls, I am NOT giving up hope.

We know those hurting the most are the family. In addition, if I find myself crying now from the time I have spent researching and hoping, it must be very hard on LE and investigators who have spent so much time and emotion on this.

RichardLewis, did you read beachlvr0810's comments that LE is on the mountain again as well as that Randy Krantz attends that church?
I wonder, too, if they will already be on the mountain, if the church is closer to where they will already be.

I never thought about it being in the church, however where I live it is freezing rain and sleet into tomorrow,
not sure of the forecast there in VA.

Isn't it February 4, 2015 that PW goes
to court with her attorney, regarding
lying to the grand jury??

Please share any news links on the news thread.
Thanks.

Isn't it February 4, 2015 that PW goes
to court with her attorney, regarding
lying to the grand jury??

Please share any news links on the news thread
Thanks.

Websleuths user RichardLewis kindly posted the following in the news thread - "She received a continuance for today's date. It is rescheduled for April 27, 2015 at 1:30pm."

Angela Hatcher posted yesterday on her Facebook and said the grand jury was supposed to meet today but I haven't heard anything yet about what happened today. Does anyone know anything else about it?

I thought it was supposed to be this month but I'm not sure.

As of today it is still showing on the docket for this Monday 6-29-15 at 1:30pm, Bedford County District court case GC14011710-00. This is the closest it has actually gotten to the court date without having been postponed. We'll see if it actually happens on Monday, or if her attorney Emmette Pilgreen wants to kick the can further down the road and try to buy more time to attempt a way to wiggle out of her mess.

In the link from wset in the news section, it says PW waived her preliminary hearing.
What does that mean??

In the link from wset in the news section, it says PW waived her preliminary hearing.
What does that mean??

"Patricia Welch faced a perjury charge. Welch waived her right to a hearing, sending the case to circuit court. It will go before a grand jury on July 7.

According to the Commonwealth’s attorney, this will speed up the process of her case. Welch and her lawyer asked the media to “get away” several times after she left the hearing.

However, the Commonwsalth’s Attorney Randy Krantz said he was ready to present evidence that would show Welch falsely testified before a grand jury investigating the disappearance of the Lyon sisters. He also said Welch did not receive any incentives for waiving her right to a hearing today.

“There were no inducements for that waiver made to her no pleas have been entered in consultation with her for counsel, for whatever reason, thought was proper she made the decision not to have that evidence presented in open court and exercised her right to waive that hearing,” Krantz said."

http://wsls.com/2015/06/29/woman-charged-in-connection-to-lyon-sisters-case-waives-right-to-hearing/

What does that mean??

Greg did a good job of summing up what it means legally.

In none of the news reports that I scanned, was any indication of what she may have lied about, which I think would have come out in a hearing if they had one.

It's my guess, that it's something embarrassing such as wild drug or sex parties in the 70s or maybe knowing Lloyd was a threat to society but saying nothing (not usually a crime).

It's also my guess that none of the parties dragged before the grand jury were serious participants in the original crime, otherwise they would have taken the fifth.

I also think there is a good chance the police are using the perjury charge as leverage, a gray area.

This is was posted by Stacey Heller Welch on the Taylor's Mountain Descendants Page!!:

Stacy Heller-Welch There is much more to the Lyon case that hasn't been told to the public. I can say that many were involved. Some are now decreased. It's a horrible and demented crime that was planned out. The truth will come out and it will shock many. Also, the money being spend on this case is because they have enough to continue. She got up on the stand and lied about everything. Sad thing is there are so many more skeletons in the family closet. It will forever leave a bad vibe for those that lived and now live on the mountain. Such evil does exist in the hearts and souls of many.
Like · Reply · 1 · July 13 at 10:47pm

Ivy Gerrein Flynn Please tell the police what you know. The girls are my cousins and our clan is torn up not knowing anything for so long. Please! Pm me if you know anything.
Like · 1 · July 16 at 8:59pm

This is was posted by Stacey Heller Welch on the Taylor's Mountain Descendants Page!!:

Stacy Heller-Welch There is much more to the Lyon case that hasn't been told to the public. I can say that many were involved. Some are now decreased. It's a horrible and demented crime that was planned out. The truth will come out and it will shock many. Also, the money being spend on this case is because they have enough to continue. She got up on the stand and lied about everything. Sad thing is there are so many more skeletons in the family closet. It will forever leave a bad vibe for those that lived and now live on the mountain. Such evil does exist in the hearts and souls of many.
Like · Reply · 1 · July 13 at 10:47pm

Ivy Gerrein Flynn Please tell the police what you know. The girls are my cousins and our clan is torn up not knowing anything for so long. Please! Pm me if you know anything.
Like · 1 · July 16 at 8:59pm

I'm sorry but I am calling total BS on this.
People posting under real names and insulting others are usually not the person they claim to be.
If she can say that many are involved, she should go to the police with any, even second or third-hand evidence and not post this online.
And if you know anything, don't PM anyone but go to the police.

No, I believe she is related to the Welch family involved. Hopefully, LE has interviewed her in their investigation.

No, I believe she is related to the Welch family involved. Hopefully, LE has interviewed her in their investigation.

If she actually is who she says she is, then she is the second and current wife of Thomas Teddy Welch, Jr, who LLW2 said was in the car with the Lyon sisters, RAW1, and LLW2. The same TTW2 who let Leonard Kraisel live in his home with his young children. Now Kraisel is a sex offender who lives in prison. btw, I could not find the quoted post on the Taylors Mountain Descendants webpage; perhaps it was removed for obvious reasons.

Now, if this post was actually on the TMD facebook page, then it very well could have been posted by Stacy Heller Welch, since she would have been logged in to her own Facebook account in order to post to the TMD FB page. Or somebody may have hacked her account.
Regarding what she said, it is really nothing earth shattering. Of course there is more to this case than we have been told, certainly many were involved, yes, some are deceased, surely the details will shock us, the W family has plenty of skeletons in their closet, and furthermore evil does exist in the hearts and souls of many. Tell us something we don't already know or suspect.

I would think that LE has already spoken with her as well as her husband TTW2. As she alluded to in her purported post, they likely know things about the case that are not known to the public. However, I can assure you there are many in this forum that have refrained from posting things about the case that are not public knowledge.

If she actually is who she says she is, then she is the second and current wife of Thomas Teddy Welch, Jr, who LLW2 said was in the car with the Lyon sisters, RAW1, and LLW2. The same TTW2 who let Leonard Kraisel live in his home with his young children. Now Kraisel is a sex offender who lives in prison. btw, I could not find the quoted post on the Taylors Mountain Descendants webpage; perhaps it was removed for obvious reasons.

I am not a heavy Facebook user, but I could not find the quoted post on the Taylors Mountain Descendants webpage either. A google search of the quote lead to a page no longer being there, likely deleted?

Sorry, but it's total made up BS likely by a troll.
Anyone who would know, "She got up on the stand (in a confidential grand jury hearing) and lied about everything" would also be breaking a law releasing the information.

If someone says, "I am a member of the Kennedy family, and the Kennedy men are degenerate skirt chasers," true or not, the person saying it is almost certainly not a member of the Kennedy family. Oh, and a Kennedy posting that on a Kennedy Facebook page, not likely.

New to this platform, longtime reader, though. I spied that Stacey Welch FB post, too; I took a screenshot of it right away (images at the end of this post-- if you can't see them for some reason, let me know.) The post is real and legit, not a troll. She is married to Thomas T. Welch, Jr., who is the nephew of RAW, and was recently reported by WashPo to have given cops information on RAW. Thomas T. Welch does have connections to pedophile Leonard Kraisel, which you can find by searching the MD Judiciary Case Search web site. Another thing you can find out is the criminal record of TTWJr's sister Norma Jean Welch. She runs a daycare center (according to FB) and is/was married to a guy who has child sex abuse and child *advertiser censored* charges against him. Is your blood running cold yet? 2.pngTaylor s Mountain Descendents.png

New to this platform, longtime reader, though. I spied that Stacey Welch FB post, too; I took a screenshot of it right away (images at the end of this post-- if you can't see them for some reason, let me know.) The post is real and legit, not a troll. She is married to Thomas T. Welch, Jr., who is the nephew of RAW, and was recently reported by WashPo to have given cops information on RAW. Thomas T. Welch does have connections to pedophile Leonard Kraisel, which you can find by searching the MD Judiciary Case Search web site. Another thing you can find out is the criminal record of TTWJr's sister Norma Jean Welch. She runs a daycare center (according to FB) and is/was married to a guy who has child sex abuse and child *advertiser censored* charges against him. Is your blood running cold yet? View attachment 79304View attachment 79305

Thanks for the screen shot of the post by Stacey Heller Welch, at least that confirms it is legit. To her credit, she sounds like a decent, compassionate human being.

Regarding the daughter of TTW1, TTW2's sister Norma Jean Welch-Williams (divorced), (dob 11-1961). She divorced Michael J Williams (dob. 4-1961) in 1997, and according to court records he is NOT guilty of any sexual offenses. Careful with the details, usagi. Their SON, Michael Jay Williams (dob 6-1995) was charged in 2014 at the age of 19 with 11 counts of sexual offenses including sexual solicitation of a minor, child *advertiser censored*, etc... He somehow negotiated a plea deal and received probation.

Thanks for the screen shot of the post by Stacey Heller Welch, at least that confirms it is legit. To her credit, she sounds like a decent, compassionate human being.

Regarding the daughter of TTW1, TTW2's sister Norma Jean Welch-Williams (divorced), (dob 11-1961). She divorced Michael J Williams (dob. 4-1961) in 1997, and according to court records he is NOT guilty of any sexual offenses. Careful with the details, usagi. Their SON, Michael Jay Williams (dob 6-1995) was charged in 2014 at the age of 19 with 11 counts of sexual offenses including sexual solicitation of a minor, child *advertiser censored*, etc... He somehow negotiated a plea deal and received probation.

Norma Jean Welch-Williams' criminal record is not clean, btw. Also her son shares her home address. Even if he negotiated a plea deal, would you send your child to her daycare, knowing that there is even an outside chance a suspected sex offender may have access to her workplace?
Sadly this Stacey person can say anything she wants on Facebook to make herself sound compassionate, although in the context of the posts, it was gratifying to see someone in the Welch family admit voluntarily that family members were culpable. I would really like to believe that her husband TTWJr is sharing good information with LE. But her husband's association with Leonard Kraisel doesn't make him sound reliable. Still, this doesn't mean LE is wrong about RAW. There is a very likely possibility that RAW and his brothers who were alive at the time (including TTWJr.'s father) all collaborated or covered stuff up with regards to the Lyon sisters' abduction and murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back