Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually did live in the same county (Paynesville), where his dad had lake property and his mom lived in an apartment in town. I would guess he visited the spot at some points over the years, since these types usually get off on that...

View attachment 100696

Right, Stearns county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He actually did live in the same county (Paynesville), where his dad had lake property and his mom lived in an apartment in town. I would guess he visited the spot at some points over the years, since these types usually get off on that...

View attachment 100696
Thanks, and yes I had read that he trolled the area around St. Joseph often and "knew all the roads". But he lived in a rental with his mother in Paynesville, about 30 miles away. I also think he worked in St. Joseph for a short time also.

This was a hard case for me. My son was a year older than Jacob and we lived about 10 miles from the Wetterlings. until shortly before the abduction. It really made me realize how vulnerable kids could be, even after they were teens or close to it. I'm glad the family finally has closure, but wish it could have come before other boys were hurt. Better late than never.

Wow, for 27 years this monster has run free to harm others. My oldest was 6 months old when Jacob disappeared, so it made a lasting and indelible impression on me and my family and the way they were raised. I've thought of Jacob throughout the years and his family. I have no words... I hope the monster burns in Hades!

ELOCsoul?

Yes.
b52c414dc071803ab905f3ffa1979b21.jpg

Oh, wow.
It's horrible that this poor family had to wait for 27 years for answers ! Nearly three decades of pain --and as a parent myself I'm sure the Wetterlings' have had many terrible days ; yet they never gave up hope.

Rest always in gentle peace, Jacob.

Nice try, Sas, but it was ELOCsoul and his poking around and investigating that broke this.

Wow! How can ELOCsoul be thanked for all his hard work?

attachment.php

Heinrich grew up and lived in Paynesville (Stearns Co). Jared's abduction took place in Cold Spring (Stearns Co.). Jacob was kidnapped in Stearns Co. Heinrich knew the area well I'm sure. He just moved to Annandale (Wright Co.) in recent years

image from star tribune article

attachment.php

Thanks! This is very helpful for someone like me who doesn't know a whole lot about this case.

Seeing the age progressed pictures of Jacob seem exceptionally sad now. My heart breaks for his family.

I can't even imagine the heartache this family has been through.

3 decades of waiting for a phone call that tells them something, anything, about their dear boy.

I am shocked at this major development I honestly didn't think he would disclose where Jacob was after all these years. I wonder what led him to do so now?

I'm so sorry for the Wetterling family at least Jacob has been found and can have a proper grave. It's just so sad. Thanks to all of you for your dedication to Jacob's case and a special thanks to ELOCsoul who has been incredible.

I have a question for my fellow WS'ers. Have any of you followed a case like this, for so many years, where there were finally answers after you were certain there never would be?

Suspicions yes, evidence leading one way or another, yes. I lived in MN when Jacob was taken. I was 26 and now I'm 53. I followed this for years. Would revisit it over and over again. Formed personal opinions based on new information, heart in my throat every time there was a new search or new hint at a suspect, only to be so disappointed again and again.

Now, at last, Jacob is found and I'm in shock. Not only do we know where he is, but who took him. And his family can now bring him home.

It's a strange feeling. Like I can't trust it. How can there be answers when I'd been so sure we'd never really know?

Do any of you feel like I do? I am not putting this in words very well at all. I wonder if I was addicted to the speculation and never knowing. To the what ifs? In all my sleuthing did I truly forget that this was real? That these were real people in real pain, not just posts on a forum? I don't like to think that of myself, but I wonder. I really do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was a girl when the Lyon Sisters went missing. I have been waiting for an answer since the 70's. I get what you are saying.

Heinrich took authorities to a "field" in Stearns county where JEW's remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes