MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have the death penalty there? Right now he's still in county prison. I'd love to see him get the death penalty verses spending his life in a high security prison. Really wish we had an eye for an eye. Jessica's death has to be one of the worst ways to die. I hope he pays.

Yes, Mississippi does have the death penalty (although they haven't executed anyone recently). Louisiana also has the death penalty & Tellis has also been charged with capital murder there, which would make him death penalty eligible in LA.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state-lethal-injection

Louisiana 3-drug with sodium thiopental*

Announced change to one-drug procedure using pentobarbital (Baton Rouge Advocate, 2/6/13)

Execution scheduled for 2/13/13 has been stayed. Judge requires additional information on new execution procedure. (AP, 2/7/13)

Announced change to two-drug execution procedure - midazolam and hydromorphone (Times-Picayune, 1/27/14)

Executions on hold per court order until at least January 2018.

Mississippi 3-drug with pentobarbital

Began using pentobarbital in 3-drug protocol on May 10, 2011 (AFP, 5/10/11)

5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has agreed to hear challenge to Mississippi's lethal injection protocol; executions on hold (Associated Press, 8/4/12)

Said it will use pentobarbital from a compounding pharmacy as the first drug in a 3-drug protocol (AP, 3/20/14)

Added midazolam as alternative drug if sodium thiopental or pentobarbital are unavailable. (7/28/15.)

Mississippi Supreme Court issues opinion that allows prisoner to challenge the state's method of execution in state court. (12/15/16.)

Mississippi is also moving forward with putting alternative methods of execution into place should their lethal injection procedures be ruled unconstitutional:
The House passed a bill that could lead to the death penalty being carried out by nitrogen gas, firing squad or electrocution.

The execution alternative methods in House Bill 638 would only come into play if Mississippi's lethal injection protocol is ruled unconstitutional. Then each of the other methods would be successive if one is ruled unconstitutional.

House Judiciary B Chairman Andy Gipson, R-Braxton, said the bill has the support of Gov. Phil Bryant and Attorney General Jim Hood.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...bill-allow-firing-squads-executions/97657492/

New Docu-Series Will Probe Burning Death of Jessica Chambers
Feb 14, 2017

Joe Berlinger will executive produce an investigation into a death that shocked the nation

Wilshire Studios and Buzzfeed News announced that they are developing a docu-series that will investigate the mysterious death of a Mississippi teenager. The case remains unsolved.

<snipped by me>

The docu-series is being produced by Oscar-nominated and Emmy and Peabody-winning documentarian Joe Berlinger (Brother’s Keeper, Paradise Lost Trilogy), who spoke at length with Den of Geek about his corruption documentary, Whitey: United States of America vs. James J. Bulger.

[...]

Forgive me for jumping in with a rookie question.... motive?

Has a motive been discussed. I mean, why Jessica? TIA

Feb 14, 2017

Joe Berlinger will executive produce an investigation into a death that shocked the nation

Wilshire Studios and Buzzfeed News announced that they are developing a docu-series that will investigate the mysterious death of a Mississippi teenager. The case remains unsolved.

<snipped by me>

The docu-series is being produced by Oscar-nominated and Emmy and Peabody-winning documentarian Joe Berlinger (Brother’s Keeper, Paradise Lost Trilogy), who spoke at length with Den of Geek about his corruption documentary, Whitey: United States of America vs. James J. Bulger.

[...]

Color me confused. Why would a docu-series be produced claiming it is an unsolved murder when Panola County has a man arrested and charged with JCs murder? It appears, to me, that authorities feel it has been solved.

Color me confused. Why would a docu-series be produced claiming it is an unsolved murder when Panola County has a man arrested and charged with JCs murder? It appears, to me, that authorities feel it has been solved.

The bigger the hype the larger of profit. Maybe I'm jaded but I personally think the this industry is solely about money. There are no underlying good intentions. Just keep "entertaining" and rake in the money.

ETA- reread my short little post. I do sound jaded. Suppose I am.... huh. [emoji6]

The bigger the hype the larger of profit. Maybe I'm jaded but I personally think the this industry is solely about money. There are no underlying good intentions. Just keep "entertaining" and rake in the money.

ETA- reread my short little post. I do sound jaded. Suppose I am.... huh. [emoji6]

If you're jaded, so am I because I completely agree with you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me for jumping in with a rookie question.... motive?

Has a motive been discussed. I mean, why Jessica? TIA

That is the biggest mystery to me.
Their supposed "relationship" was never even whispered about by the locals.

Jessica's killer was released from prison in October. He murdered her on Dec. 6.

There was no relationship. AA was buddies with QTs sister. Maybe it was a set up. :dunno:

JMHO

That is the biggest mystery to me.
Their supposed "relationship" was never even whispered about by the locals.

Not a word. When he was arrested, my first response was, "Who is this?" I can't remember seeing anything about him in any of the information I read, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

The only motive, IMO, is that he's a possible serial killer(?). We know he has multiple female victims, but his method isn't consistent. :thinking:

Also, given the gang affiliations in the area, a hit on her for being a possible snitch has always been a speculation...but JMO

Let’s hope that Jessica's fellow Mississippian, John Gresham, will take up the challenge of putting her story down on paper. Here’s an exclusive interview with him, just put out by Netflix DVD. Note that both Gresham and DA John Champion are alumni of Ole Miss law school in Oxford, just 30 miles from Courtland:

http://blog.dvd.netflix.com/new-dvd-releases/john-grisham-an-exclusive-interview-with-dvd-netflix?dsrc=EMAIL&utm_source=member_email&utm_campaign=June_2017&utm_medium=email

Here’s a blurb from a 2011 MS Courts newsletter about Champion’s father, who once taught there:

“The late William M. Champion of Oxford, former law professor at the University of Mississippi School of Law, was posthumously honored with the Bar Foundation’s Professionalism Award. District Attorney John Champion said, “My dad loved the law. He loved teaching the law.” After his father’s death, the family heard numerous stories of how he had helped students and other people. “I think that’s a real legacy,” he said.”

Blessed summer,
Clou

Not a word. When he was arrested, my first response was, "Who is this?" I can't remember seeing anything about him in any of the information I read, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

The only motive, IMO, is that he's a possible serial killer(?). We know he has multiple female victims, but his method isn't consistent. :thinking:

Also, given the gang affiliations in the area, a hit on her for being a possible snitch has always been a speculation...but JMO

Nor did I place much emphasis on him as a suspect even though the image of his sister with AA was in a file. AA published images of her burned car when the tow driver stopped for a puff or some chicken or something at the gas station.

It was often debated how the killer left the crime scene. The accused lived near the CS at JCs TOD.

She was alone at the gas station on Hwy 51. JC drove into Batesville, according to cctv. She goes back into Courtland and quietly speaks to her Mother, LD, on the phone for twenty minutes. When did she have the opportunity to pick up this killer?

given the gang affiliations in the area, a hit on her for being a possible snitch

The manner of death screams Drug/Trafficking/Gun Gang Related. MS-13 or an adversary...

he's a possible serial killer(?).

Yes. He is equipped to be deadly as shown by his string of fatal behaviors toward women in MS and LA. He should be tried on "Hate Crime" charges, too, jmhoo.

--snip--
The only motive, IMO, is that he's a possible serial killer(?). We know he has multiple female victims, but his method isn't consistent.
:thinking:
--snip--
Making his victims die a slow, painful, tortuous death while he watches them? Sounds pretty consistent to me.

Regards,
Inspector Clouseau

We should learn much in October. It will be an interesting trial.

The only connection I ever heard was a subtle rambling innuendo about the "connection" with someone living or staying close by or behind the gas station. Mind you, I may have read it once out of thousands of blog posts all over the Internet.

And of course, this smidgeon of info proved true.

Feb 14, 2017

<snipped by me>

The docu-series is being produced by Oscar-nominated and Emmy and Peabody-winning documentarian Joe Berlinger (Brother&#8217;s Keeper, Paradise Lost Trilogy), who spoke at length with Den of Geek about his corruption documentary, Whitey: United States of America vs. James J. Bulger.

[...]

Article in VARIETY (6/20/17) about BuzzFeed and NBCU-owned Oxygen, and their treatment of the Jessica Chambers murder. By this time next year would expect some documentaries out on both the murder and trial, but on network TV, not just the Internet:

"BuzzFeed insists it&#8217;s poised to expand beyond viral videos and says it has a &#8220;rapidly growing&#8221; external development slate of bona fide TV shows. NBCU-owned Oxygen has picked up true-crime docuseries &#8220;What Happened to &#8230; Jessica Chambers?,&#8221; based on a BuzzFeed article about the murder of a Mississippi teen."

http://variety.com/2017/digital/features/buzzfeed-ipo-silicon-valley-1202470391/

A KC-130 aircraft in route from Cherry Point, NC, crashed near Greenwood, MS, which is 70 miles south of Batesville. At least 16 on board were killed. No survivors have been reported. An eyewitness heard a "boom," then looked up to see the plane spiralling downward with one engine smoking.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/mississippi-dead-military-plane-crash-kc130

Here is Therese Apel's report for the Clarion-Ledger:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2017/07/10/plane-crashes-leflore-county/466582001/

Regards,
Clou

The only connection I ever heard was a subtle rambling innuendo about the "connection" with someone living or staying close by or behind the gas station. Mind you, I may have read it once out of thousands of blog posts all over the Internet.

And of course, this smidgeon of info proved true.

Casual connections with his victims is all I see - not actual "relationships". With all the gossip and finger pointing in Batesville one would think that someone would have known about this "relationship". And to be with this guy - not Jessica, not from what we know. It wasn't typical of her.
If someone said he was a hired hit I would not question it. IMO there are likely other unknown victims of his yet to be connected to him. I think it's bigger than it looks and I still think of the book and the "snitching" comment from her.

JMO

A KC-130 aircraft in route from Cherry Point, NC, crashed near Greenwood, MS, which is 70 miles south of Batesville. At least 16 on board were killed. No survivors have been reported. An eyewitness heard a "boom," then looked up to see the plane spiralling downward with one engine smoking.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/mississippi-dead-military-plane-crash-kc130

Here is Therese Apel's report for the Clarion-Ledger:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2017/07/10/plane-crashes-leflore-county/466582001/

Regards,
Clou

There is an interesting WS thread for that fiery crash.

C130 Military plane crash Miss 8 deaths reported
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...0-Military-plane-crash-Miss-8-deaths-reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123