Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

Is anyone else seeing this?

I think there is a lot of resemblence.

Graham, Wa. Is about 10 miles from puyallup, Wa.

I don't think there is any resemblance at all. Pollyanne had a normal shaped face with a gently pointed chin. There is quite a bit more "space" between her eyes and her eyebrows than LEK and her teeth are not anywhere near as flat and large as LEK's. LEK had a very flat face with a round chin and a high forehead. LEK actually had a strange shaped face with it being so flattened out, even when she smiled. Puyallup is a very large town near Tacoma and Graham is a farming community out in the "country". There are a lot of people in the Greater Tacoma Area and unfortunately, there are missing children among them. The only resemblance between this girl Pollyanne and LEK is simply that they have similar colored hair. I don't think there is anything else about them that looks the same. They don't even have the same eye color, as Pollyanne's eyes are blue and LEK's eyes are hazel.

LandP_zps193e412a.jpg

I don't think there is any resemblance at all. Pollyanne had a normal shaped face with a gently pointed chin. There is quite a bit more "space" between her eyes and her eyebrows than LEK and her teeth are not anywhere near as flat and large as LEK's. LEK had a very flat face with a round chin and a high forehead. LEK actually had a strange shaped face with it being so flattened out, even when she smiled. Puyallup is a very large town near Tacoma and Graham is a farming community out in the "country". There are a lot of people in the Greater Tacoma Area and unfortunately, there are missing children among them. The only resemblance between this girl Pollyanne and LEK is simply that they have similar colored hair. I don't think there is anything else about them that looks the same. They don't even have the same eye color, as Pollyanne's eyes are blue and LEK's eyes are hazel.

LandP_zps193e412a.jpg

I was looking at the picture from the standpoint that the side by sides could be ten years apart as LEK is believed to be in her mid to late twenties in that photo. This child was still growing. In addition, it's possible that LEK wore colored contacts at times (there was a reference in one thread to "these eyes" possibly being a type of colored contact). However, now that you did the side by sides, I can see that her ear lobe is very different than LEK's.

As to the military line of thought, I noted elsewhere that the threads have not focused on the Boulder City, Nevada mailbox at all. I noted that their is an Air Force base near there and LEK did seem to have an interest in flying (the mysterious training certificate in her lockbox).

I am updating the list of potential matches. So is Pollyanna a ruled out?

Has anyone considered Tina Marie Finley? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/999dfid.html

The height is off, but Tina did hitch hike to Seattle, and spent time in California, and lived in Idaho. The timing of her disappearance is shortly before LEK got the Becky Sue Turner identity. Wish there was a better photo of Tina.

I keep wondering why LEK went to Idaho after getting the birth certificate in CA. To tie up loose ends?

I keep wondering why LEK went to Idaho after getting the birth certificate in CA. To tie up loose ends?

Back in the day, those books that told you how to do an identity change listed Idaho, among others, as states where obtaining a new ID was easy. (Texas is also on the list!) FLEK, or whoever may have been helping her, was probably just "doing by the book".

Someone pointed out once that at the time, it probably would have been less likely there'd be a cross-check between states. I think that's a totally reasonable precaution. :twocents: :)

tcg

Am I correct in assuming that we can rule everyone out who has DNA posted on NamUs?

If that is not the case, then I would nominate Christi Jo Nichols (https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4677) for a variety of reasons I've posted elsewhere (Timeline fits, motivation, strong possibility of being helped, lack of perceived accent, some cultural references, etc.)

There are some minor differences in appearance, possibly not a problem if she had professional help.

I'm sure the DNA doesn't lie, however.

Am I correct in assuming that we can rule everyone out who has DNA posted on NamUs?

If that is not the case, then I would nominate Christi Jo Nichols (https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4677) for a variety of reasons I've posted elsewhere (Timeline fits, motivation, strong possibility of being helped, lack of perceived accent, some cultural references, etc.)

There are some minor differences in appearance, possibly not a problem if she had professional help.

I'm sure the DNA doesn't lie, however.

From my understanding, the answer to your question about automatically ruling out everyone who has DNA data on NamUs is not a definite yes or definite no. Apparently, if the case seems to be a really close fit, somebody can submit the information to the appropriate LE officials and have it double checked to make sure there is not a match.

If you posted reasons why you think Christi Jo Nichols is a good fit someplace else, will you please repost here so we can keep the thought process on possible matches all in one place?

From my understanding, the answer to your question about automatically ruling out everyone who has DNA data on NamUs is not a definite yes or definite no. Apparently, if the case seems to be a really close fit, somebody can submit the information to the appropriate LE officials and have it double checked to make sure there is not a match.

If you posted reasons why you think Christi Jo Nichols is a good fit someplace else, will you please repost here so we can keep the thought process on possible matches all in one place?

-- Christi Jo's case manager's phone number begins with the number 402.
Just sayin'!

Apparently, if the case seems to be a really close fit, somebody can submit the information to the appropriate LE officials and have it double checked to make sure there is not a match... please repost here so we can keep the thought process on possible matches all in one place?

ClaireNC,

Thanks for the encouragement to post my thoughts here. Linking FLEK to Christi Jo Nichols was suggested in the comments on the ST website and I strongly resonated with that suggestion for a variety of personal reasons I'll share here.

Unfortunately, when I found out that Christi's DNA is available online and that Mr. Velling had ruled out all online DNA, it really took the wind out of my sails. I have mentioned my interest in matching FLEK to Christi Nichols elsewhere, but with a lot less enthusiasm. Here's why the Christi Jo Nichols suggestion appealed to me.

As the ST article described FLEK, my thoughts drifted to my college days. I was a student at a small private college in Nebraska in the late 80's. Coming from the east coast, Nebraskans do not seem to have an accent to me. FLEK apparently did not have a discernible accent.

I was also drawn to 402 listed on the notes page. I lived in the 402 area code.

The ST article spoke of FLEK dressing "matronly" and possibly being a former stripper. I need to be careful how I say this, but that sounds like the women I was hanging out with in Nebraska! They would dress "matronly" 90% of the time. But when they wanted to cut loose... I'm not saying I think FLEC, Christi Jo, or any of the Nebraska women in my life, had any weird moral issues going on. I'm saying I'm familiar with the milieu. That part of the article resonated with me.

Finally, books like "How to disappear..." were making the rounds on campus, being read mostly by local students who would have been Christi's age. Disappearing was in the air in Nebraska in the late 80's.

Christi Jo, specifically, seems like a good candidate because, in addition to the above, she went missing about six months before FLEK shows up as BST in Idaho. That would seem enough time for a motivated 22 year old, especially if she had help, to be able to alter her appearance slightly and have done her homework.

Christi Jo had the motivation. She was in an abusive, dangerous marriage that she was planning on leaving. While it seems hard to believe she would leave her children behind, it's been done before.

It also seems like the numbers on FLEK's note sheet, correspond to people (attorneys, police officers, etc.) that worked on the edge of identity change. If they didn't help her directly, they certainly would have known who could have.

In fact, a very large network existed at the time, and possibly still does, dedicated to helping women and children leave abusive families. I remember reading an article about a woman who was prosecuted for heading such on organization. She claimed that there were thousands of safe houses across the country and that all manner of professionals; doctors, lawyers, and law enforcement officials participated in it. Christi Jo might have been helped by such a network.

It would also be reasonable to assume that FLEK, be she Christi Jo or not, may have been keeping her mouth shut not so much to protect herself, but to protect the network and other families still in the network.

Christi Jo's husband, as suspicious as he acted, was never prosecuted for the crime. (Apparently he lives in Arkansas with his third wife. Christi's kids are grown.) Murders have been successfully prosecuted in the absence of a body. Why has he never been charged? Does Nebraska law enforcement have a good reason for not going after him?

Back to tying Christi Jo to FLEK, again, the thing that really took the wind out of my sails was the DNA thing. However, if that's not as rock solid as it seems...

There's also the issue of do these two people look sufficiently alike. Frankly, I don't know. I have a hard time recognizing my own family. Could minor cosmetic surgery and skilled application of makeup account for the difference? People with more experience with such things and sharper eyes will get further than I can.

I've since learned that Christi Jo didn't live in the 402 area code, though most people in Nebraska do. Her father does have ties to Colorado, however.

I think FLEK and Christi Jo are about the same age. FLEK's identity change appears to have gone by the book. (In fact, that may be her only connection to Idaho.) The books recommend finding a dead child close to your own age. For that reason I don't think FLEK was in her 50's. It would be out of character with the rest of her work.

I wonder how FLEK liked her tea.

It's been said that when you hear hoof beats do you think horses or zebras. I'm concerned that I'm hearing zebras. It would be nice to be able to tie FLEK to another missing person and kill two birds with one stone.

alex01 - great theory but wouldn't an ob/gyn have noticed she had given birth before when she was trying with br?

alex01 - great theory but wouldn't an ob/gyn have noticed she had given birth before when she was trying with br?

masootz,

Apart from my musings, there have been other posts wondering if FLEK had children previously. Could we expect that the ob/gyn to have this conversation with anyone other than FLEK, HIPPA laws being what they are? I wonder if that person could speak freely now.

While I've entertained the Nichols/FLEK connection enough to come up with several paragraphs, I'm not sure how seriously to take it. The lack of a DNA match, assuming that's the case, would seem sink the whole thing right there. I'm also hung up on the issue of appearance. More experienced eyes will have to be the judge of that. I'm sure there's a lot of mustard in my post as well.

masootz,

Apart from my musings, there have been other posts wondering if FLEK had children previously. Could we expect that the ob/gyn to have this conversation with anyone other than FLEK, HIPPA laws being what they are? I wonder if that person could speak freely now.

While I've entertained the Nichols/FLEK connection enough to come up with several paragraphs, I'm not sure how seriously to take it. The lack of a DNA match, assuming that's the case, would seem sink the whole thing right there. I'm also hung up on the issue of appearance. More experienced eyes will have to be the judge of that. I'm sure there's a lot of mustard in my post as well.

good points. who was it that stated the obgyn suspected she was older than she said? was that le?

edit: from the fox news story - "Shortly after marrying Ruff, Jane Doe tried repeatedly to conceive a child of her own – with much difficulty, according to Velling. She suffered a miscarriage before eventually giving birth to a baby girl in 2008. The woman told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – a claim Velling doubts."

i guess it's possible "doctors" doesn't mean "ob/gyn" but given the paragraph i assumed her doctors had spoken with le.

good points. who was it that stated the obgyn suspected she was older than she said? was that le?

edit: from the fox news story - "Shortly after marrying Ruff, Jane Doe tried repeatedly to conceive a child of her own – with much difficulty, according to Velling. She suffered a miscarriage before eventually giving birth to a baby girl in 2008. The woman told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – a claim Velling doubts."

i guess it's possible "doctors" doesn't mean "ob/gyn" but given the paragraph i assumed her doctors had spoken with le.

I took that statement to mean that FLEK told doctors she was 35, but the detective on the case didn't believe that (as opposed to the doctor/s saying that) she was actually 35 at that time.

As to Cheryl Ann moser, I referenced above, I think there is a strong likeness in her photo, particularly if you compare her teeth and left cheek to LEK's tea party photo. Right height, hair color, close eyes, would have turned 50 in the year of LEK's death, sometimes a devasting age to reach, for some people. Here is the WS THREAD about her:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-14938.html

Re Cheryl Ann, also note that after her boyfriend served his two years, he has never been found by authorities again. Also, in PA. Didn't she call a library in PA (from her notes page). Is it the same library mentioned in the WS thread? I haven't had time to check or to determine Secane, PA's proximity to the library on the notes page.

I took that statement to mean that FLEK told doctors she was 35, but the detective on the case didn't believe that (as opposed to the doctor/s saying that) she was actually 35 at that time.

right, but that should mean a doctor spoke to le and said "she told me she was 35", which makes me think that doctor would have also said "there was evidence she had given birth before".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back