Websleuths Radio Sun. 3-4-12 *Long Island Serial Killer*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to nominate the foreigner for the radio show because they by far appear to know the most about the case (esp AC)

I am looking forward to listening. Do you guys ever set up a type of recap thread for people to talk about what they heard on the radio show?

Excited for the show tonight, good luck everyone, I know you'll all do great getting the word out on this case!!

I am looking forward to listening. Do you guys ever set up a type of recap thread for people to talk about what they heard on the radio show?

:welcome: :wagon:

Yes, we will leave this thread open for discussion during and after the show. We also have a chat room on the site, but it goes away once the show is over.

You can go to the show by following the link on my signature line. Sometimes you have to hit it twice for some reason!

Excited for the show tonight, good luck everyone, I know you'll all do great getting the word out on this case!!

Likewise. No pressure guys, I think you'll do great. But just know that we're all going to be listening and judging you. Even the slightest stutter could blow your credibility and bring shame upon you. But like I said, no pressure.

Right. For operative types. Highly doubtful that this guy works (or worked) for a TLA org. Not that someone who works (or worked) for, say, the CIA, would necessarily be above such proclivities. Just that if you're looking at that sort, they would have better covered their tracks. Moreover, their psychological makeup does not really fit the murders.
Hi Shadowraiths, I thought I read in a post here that it is believed the SK has a strong NY accent, not that it means anything.

Slim, You will do wonderfully. If you get nervous take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Then smile. Yea Yea

ETA: I can't register for some reason to post on the radio blog :waitasec: but I would be there if I could lol

I am hoping we can post here about the show in real time.

Theory: InspectorGadget - thinks Duck Hunter; there are multiple killers; the one that dismembers and then others; ? (sorry missed it)

Dwntwnslim: Theory - victim - worked in the stripping or prostitution industry; computer hacker; predator stalker (physical stalker/internet) - thrill comes from voyerism; craigslist responses; stalk inc service - suggested he is computer/tech savvy; ascertain which females don't have someone looking out for them (ie: pimps)

Truthspider: Theory - There is one that made the phone call to Mother (Marie) to Shannon Gilbert - stayed here last nite @ center for homeless teens and left with driver this morning - someone calling the family again later that week documented recorded calls to the Mother - later phone calls . . . he didn't know someone "framed him." From first phone call until April 11 - his name was never released. He didn't make the first phone call but made all subsequent ones. Highly improbable - same jelly bean being picked twice from the same jar. Maybe he doesn't want to admit the first one (phone call?) . . . . believes this person called to home. Doesn't believe a group of men conspire to murder together (J. Brewer?). others were very specific and Joseph B. didn't have those characteristics. (Charles Hackett?)

Why was there a second call but Marie doesn't acknowledge them?

Police are involved in active investigation. They don't owe you an explanation. Questions about the phone calls . . . documented on letter head.

Why would serial killer on the 2nd and then call 2nd and 3rd time to Marie?

He was calling to claim he was helping them.

Truthspider responds to questions of ?Inspector Gadget?

Peter Brandt - 2 killers -

Shannon Gilbert case she was found in brush, purse flung, sloppy job, (she called and said help me . . . she was found in place with 4 other bodies). Truckers coming into NY, only LI or one other area to dump bodies. Odds are pretty good there are more than one area. If someone runs in drug party and it goes bad . . . calls police - whether accident or not. A drug party going bad, bad trip, delusion, bad things can happen. Phone call to police Shannon Gilbert was badly under the influence at night, people in panic with a bad trip, bad things happen when swamp around or people run into it. Then people got in a panic. Not the work of experienced "in control" serial killer. More like panic.

They are different are than the 4 on the beach.

Peter Brandt - thinks this is a trophy yard.

Inspector Gadget asks 30 mile stretch with 8 victims.

Peter Brandt - in Canada there was one with 16 mile stretch and 30 victims, one in Germany. The killing fields in Texas 300 yards stretch.

Inspector Gadget - this highway is 15 miles long. Both sides of the highway there is 31 perimeter since all the bodies were found in the same 2 mile stretch.

Peter B - Los Angeles foothills, one side had Hillside strangler, Rodney (Ocala?), Manson murders, . . . . 11 years . . . . smaller area . . . two or 3. In a little area it isn't always only one. Like Ted Bundy had extremely large hunting ground - but little zone . . . limited dump ground at all. Pretty normal - how many cases do I need to quote?

DwntwnSlim corrected the notion Truthspider put out Commissioner Dormer corroborated the letters.

Truthspider denies he said this.

DwntwnSlim theory of computer hacker. Has no specific person in mind - building a theory. Never attached a name to a theory. Doesn't accuse anyone person of being serial killer.

Tricia is very appropriate with all guests and keeps this information as not being personal to anyone.

Dwntwnslim - doesn't understand why LE wasn't able to establish a link with people who had made contact with the victim(s) via craigslist or (backpage?) In 2008 craigslist was manually checking each post. First post in 2007 . . . other 3 in 2008.

Inspector Gadget asks how many craigslist responses (hits) per day does Dwntwnslim thinks these ads get. Dwntwnslim doesn't have that information.

Dwntwnslim asks how Truthspider thinks one person before it was mentioned in MSM

Truthspider claims he heard/saw it on CBS(?) and News 12(?) check the dates - his name was in MSM - Truthspider is not a psychic.

The Doctor that made phone call to Shannon Gilbert's Mother, denies making that initial phone call but admits making subsequent calls. Tricia reitterates no sleuthing of anyone unless name is MSM. Truthspider adamant his name was in MSM.

Tricia plans for all getting together to sing *advertiser censored*-by-ah (sic?)

Kimster reading questions: what kind of info can one get from hacking into Craigslist ads?

Dwntwnslim - at that time person who placed ad had to input working phone number and credit card info. Working phone numbers have a lot of info

Quiche writes: any other evidence found @ the scenes?

Peter Brandt - Shannon Gilbert - purse, ID, jeans, alot evidence around why Peter believes different killer. No extra evidence.

Inspector Gadget (?) - Burlap is covering 4 other bodies.

Truthspider - feels too much time was spent on Burlap - why not spend time on bedsheets?

Inspector Gadget - 2 mile stretch, Cedar beach - where all bodies were found. In sport of duck hunting - burlap used to carry decoys/dead birds, camophlage (sic).

Peter B - in bed of pickup truck - burlap laying in a work truck would not alert people.

Truthspider - first April 20th his first post and (someone?) mentioned Mr. Hide (?) mentioned April 13th. Websleuths often says don't call by name unless we can link in MSM. To Dwntwnslim - most interested in hacker but your questions to me is about the Dr.

Dwntwnslim - the Doctor has a prosthetic and breathing problems - don't think he is physically able to be the Perp. Public maligned against. Stalk Inc. profile - literate @ computer generated sounds/phrases/voices.

Truthspider - doesn't see anything in mass media.

Peter B - studied IT previously, Craigslist knowledge was not that high at that time. So far - he agrees with Dwntwnslim. but doesn't feel that by 2007 the knowledge was not so high.

Truthspider asks InspectorGadget . . . what he said in the PM's early on . . . 2 or 3 things summed up in PM. InspectorGadget doesn't know/remember.

Truthspider feels InspectorGadget is missing the point . . . if he cannot remember this information wondering if this is really InspectorGadget or not.

Which specific message?

Peter B - killer of the GB4 - agree with Dwntwnslim it is a stalker . . . pattern of the bodies . . . .first one then next is to the left, then right and then left. . . . left hand thinker.

angle of the blade is a right hand . . . a left hander and right hander.

Tricia feels 2 people makes more sense because there are so many of them.

Peter theory 2 person - one more dominent . . . (ie: Otis O'toole case)

One them staging/dismembers . . . Otis O'toole had IQ of 70. This one has an IQ of 100 or 110 range.

GB4 - overcompensating for inferiority complex of some kind, educated pretty intelligent African American killer, reverse . . . . African American to caucasion. He is at least since 2000 - he is alot older . . . he shows up all the time - he knows the area and knows where people move in the area. Only one or 2 people normally walk their dogs.

Staging . . . first take care bodies are found relatively fast . . . ie: 2 months. . . he overestimates times of people coming by . . . . assumed people would pay attention sooner. He can only get how observant people are. . . . months people walking in and out and didn't notice.

InspectorGadget thinks hunting season only lasting 30 days . . . . dump bags in woods doesn't think it is staging.

Peter B. says he wants bodies to be found . . . in 2000 - placed bags in forest where hunters . . . in 2003 he got more clever - put on a pile of sticks where few people walk their dogs. There are alot of them . . . typology . . . Alaska has one at the moment since 2009.

Flaunting to the police in Manorville? InspectorGadget doesn't feel it was staged to shock anyone. Peter B. agrees - not for shock value.

If someone else gets attention or credit - up pop body parts from other older murders (like in Jack the Ripper).

InspectorGadget - huge burlap blanket specially painted for camo to hunt the ducks.

Peter B - pretty sure he drives a truck and has to do with construction business . . . it is possible but not sure if he is a duck hunter.

Tricia - wants to know if a female is involved in the killer's life that is too afraid to say anything.

InspectorGadget thinks he blends in really easy.

Tricia feels there is someone out there that doesn't want to say anything.

Likewise. No pressure guys, I think you'll do great. But just know that we're all going to be listening and judging you. Even the slightest stutter could blow your credibility and bring shame upon you. But like I said, no pressure.

lol....

Dang modem needed to be reset. When will it be up to re-listen to the show from tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288