GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next go round I will issue TOs to anyone posting pics/jokes and to anyone that quotes them. Please stay focused on the trial.

I know it is important to be able to show a little humor, but poking fun at the defendant or others isn't appropriate.

Two children died here, at their mother's hand.

Thanks,

Salem

Sorry!!

Boy I am sick of this defense lawyer opening every question with 'during Miss Schenecker's talk about suicide idealogy.....'

:p

Driving home the point that she should have been Baker Acted.

However, even if she had, say, in early January, the average stay in a mental hospital for patients who are Baker Acted (in Florida -- see my link in post above) is only 4.5 days. So, she may have been out again by time Parker left for the Middle East -- although maybe she'd have had her meds adjusted better -- I suppose they wouldn't let her out unless she was reasonably functional.

Just saw the snippet of the outburst on the news clip. Is that the same judge that Dee Dee Moore had?
If so, love how that man handles his courtroom.

PS this flash player installer malware on the site is doing my head in!!! Took 3 avast warnings and reloading the page to get this reply sent :banghead:

Where is this defense going? So JS's threat to harm herself wasn't severe, she never smelled like alcohol or acted drugged according to doc. So she wasn't that bad, mentally, IMO.

She probably didn't start drinking until later in the day, so the doc may not have smelled alcohol on her; but he did have several emails from PS saying that she was drinking a lot, getting drunk. He did know that she was in a car accident -- whether or not he get the report that the policeman at the scene noted dilated eyes and mush mouth speech -- maybe not. He did know that she went into rehab, though, immediately after the accident. Whether or not he smell alcohol on her breath, he knew she was abusing.

JS may have been able to hold it together enough during her 20 min. office visit, but the doc should have paid attention to PS's repeated pleas for help

I don't think she was on oxycontin, that is not regularly prescribed, I think it was oxycodone (vicodin)? Vicodin is a much less powerful drug.

I have had drug seeking patients ask for oxys which was OxyContin. For some reason, Percocet and Vicodin were asked for by their trade name, not their generic name. Who knows!

Hi all :seeya: Just starting to follow this case and listening to today's testimony. Looking forward to discussion when I've caught up :)

I believe JS is a game player--she is a smart cookie! She's an expert in interrogation in the military; I have bipolar disorder & have 3 young children. Believe me, I've had problems with medications, times when I was severely depressed, etc. The bottom line is that if you have ANY illness, and you are an adult, it is YOUR responsibility to take care of it. You may not blame your kids for acting like kids as the reason you are a wreck.

Drinking alcohol and eating bottles of Oxycontin is NOT a symptom of bipolar disorder, and it is evidence that she had no interest in controlling her mental illness.

Her mugshot & "perp walk" displays a woman who had it together enough to go get her hair highlighted--let me tell you, if you were so desperately ill that you could not care for your kids, you would not have the energy needed to visit a salon! (And you are also not capable enough to go to a drugstore & buy Clairol & then do it yourself).

I get a sense that JS is highly manipulative, that she uses her illness to control and punish her family, and that she is filled with rage. She is putting on an act in court. Bipolar disorder does not make you incoherent--and please be aware that SHE IS ON MEDICATION RIGHT NOW. That will ensure that she is NOT PSYCHOTIC--so her confusion is just an act.

Suicide is the leading cause of death in people with Bipolar disorder--homicide is exceedingly rare. I was diagnosed at age 18 with severe bipolar--and I've noticed that murderers like to pretend that this disorder "makes" you murder children. That's total BS. You fluctuate (when unmedicated) from severe depression to manic states (either euphoria or extreme irritability).

JS was also on medication at the time of the murders. She kept it together so well at "Lock & Load" that she was sold a firearm and hollow point bullets that she planned to shoot her kids with. She needs to go to prison for the rest of her pathetic life.

JMO!:loveyou:

bingo, BINGO!

Thanks wasn't enough because your post describes everything I'm thinking far better than I ever could!

Just trying to catch up and wanted to respond. Back to read mode!

Hi all :seeya: Just starting to follow this case and listening to today's testimony. Looking forward to discussion when I've caught up :)

I will be looking forward to your opinion as a lawyer. Thanks

I'm listening to the officer who made the report about Calyx being slapped. I thought this had been suppressed by the judge?

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 3m
Alcohol use "was kind of in the background at times it was minimized by Mrs. Schenecker” #ScheneckerTrial

He LET her minimize it? KNOWING (per her husband) that she was abusing; KNOWING of her car accident; KNOWING she went into rehab???

Sounds like she was running the show in their consultations.

Correct me if wrong: the state rested after only 1.5 days of testimony?

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 49s
Observation: two jurors in back taking notes and two juries

Trial Junkie ‏@Trial__Junkie 17s
Whoa #JulieSchenecker yells at doc on the stand. Judge orders jury to leave

Well, he DID tell her she could drink up to 2 glasses of wine a day -- Parker found his note saying that!

Correct me if wrong: the state rested after only 1.5 days of testimony?

They rested on Wednesday. The Defense started today and is expected to have 2 days of testimony, including today. Surrebuttal is supposed to take 2 days. HTH

Can you imagine the profound effect the murders of the Schenecker children had on Dr. Obregon? From the witnesses we have heard so far, no one saw this coming. This just underscores how deceptive the depth of MI is even to those that work in the field. IMO

Can you imagine the profound effect the murders of the Schenecker children had on Dr. Obregon? From the witnesses we have heard so far, no one saw this coming. This just underscores how deceptive the depth of MI is even to those that work in the field. IMO

I hear you. Sometimes not even the most capable psychology/psychiatry sees things coming. Just a month ago we had a suicide - and a 35+ years experience Clinical Psychologist had been working with this person, emailed the morning of the suicide back and forth, all systems go. Then the next morning, we received notice that the person had committed suicide by hanging.

Is Nancy Schenecker on the Defense's witness list? I would like to know more of what she was like on a daily basis from family and friends.

I believe she is, because Parker & Nancy both got exemptions (or whatever they call it in court terms) to stay in court before they testified.

If she is found not guilty due to insanity, there will be a hearing to decide what her treatment will be.
I had found info about this and posted on the other thread..I'll copy/paste it here:

"From what I understand regarding Florida Law, if she is found 'Not Guilty by reason of Insanity' she would not necessarily be discharged and "go free". A hearing would be held to determine if she would be institutionalized, or receive out-patient care and be assigned a social worker, or if she would not receive any care at all.

This is based on Florida Statute 916.15 - Involuntary commitment of defendant adjudicated not guilty by reason of insanity.

The Full Statute can be found here:
http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/916.15

This statute states that: "A defendant who is acquitted of criminal charges because of a finding of not guilty by reason of insanity may be involuntarily committed pursuant to such finding if the defendant has a mental illness and, because of the illness, is manifestly dangerous to himself or herself or others."

and

"In all proceedings under this section, both the defendant and the state shall have the right to a hearing before the committing court."

As well as Rule: 3.217. Judgment of Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity

which states: "... if the court then determines that the defendant presently meets the criteria set forth by law, the court shall commit the defendant to the Department of Children and Family Services or shall order outpatient treatment at any other appropriate facility or service, or shall discharge the defendant. Any order committing the defendant or requiring outpatient treatment or other outpatient service ...""

:bump:

One of the TBO news articles said that she'd had several surgeries in the past year or so, and had chronic pain. They didn't say what sort of surgery.

Dr. mentioned them today on the stand.
One was for "her mouth" (I assumed some kind of oral surgery), I forgot what he said the other was though :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk