GPS shoes for those with Alzheimer's/Dementia

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The Aetrex Navistar GPS Footwear System is the most ground-breaking product containing GPS tracking technology designed to help protect individuals afflicted with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia who have a tendency to wander and become lost.

http://www.navistargpsshoe.com/

Saw this and thought it was VERY cool! Kind of pricey, but probably worth it if there is a constant "wanderer" in a family.

LOL! What if they forget to put their shoes on?

GPS is a great idea but possibly a bracelet/necklace/microchip would be a bit more reliable :twocents:

There's always a chance they'll forget to put any of those things on. Or just take them off. And there's a lot of people who would refuse to do a microchip. Of course it's not going to be fool-proof, but it's just another option. :)

There's always a chance they'll forget to put any of those things on. Or just take them off. And there's a lot of people who would refuse to do a microchip. Of course it's not going to be fool-proof, but it's just another option. :)

In 100 years we will all be microchipped from birth.

Sounds creepy but can you imagine the effect on the crime rates and missing people stats?

I am dealing with my 86 year old MIL who has Alzheimer and diabetes. I would love a way to track her when she get away from me. Yes, I know many would judge me, but I have an 11 year old too, and a daughter who is pregnant and needs not only rides to her appointments but also to work every morning at 6am. My daughter is 22 btw.

As diligent as I am about watching my MIL, I still lose her on average, once a month. It is TERRIFYING!

If I could GPS her in some way, my stress level would go down sooo much... I don't want to microchip her, but if I could gps a shoe or a pendent or her false teeth, how much safer would she be? I could find her when she wanders off just by looking at my phone.

Last week, she left the house looking for her dog (who has been dead 10 years) at 4am! I woke at 6am to do breakfast for the fam and she was gone!!!! It took me almost ALL day to find her three blocks over at her friend's house, who died 4 years before... it was her granddaughter who lived there now.

GPS tracking shouldn't be used for everyone, but it really should be available to those that need it in case of safety!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back