Victim: Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers

TS was a graduate of Ross University School of Medicine located on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

Generally, those who attend medical school at the very expensive private medical schools that dot the Caribbean islands were usually unable, for whatever reason, to obtain admission to a U.S. based medical school. I've known a two people who attended a Caribbean medical school. One was the child of a U.S. physician who had had some personal problems that resulted in him not being accepted into any U.S. based medical school. The second admitted that he had flunked out of medical school in the U.S. and it was a second chance for him.

Each said it was terribly expensive - not just for the tuition itself, but for cost of living and transportation to and from the Caribbean for holidays and at end of term.

From wikipedia:
"The medical school was founded in 1978 as The University of Dominica School of Medicine by Robert Ross, an entrepreneur.[3][4] At the time, it was the first American (US) medical school located outside of the United States. It was housed in leased facilities at The Castaways Hotel, with an inaugural class of 11 students. In 1982, the University Of Dominica School of Medicine formally changed its name to Ross University School of Medicine, at the request of the government of Dominica.

In 1985 California state medical licensing officials (the Board of Medical Quality Assurance), began investigating RUSM, along with other medical schools located in the Caribbean.[5] The officials released a report stating that RUSM at that time had nearly no admissions standards, and that the school was in the business of providing medical degrees to "everyone that wants one."[5] However, RUSM agreed to implement a number of changes recommended by the board and has since graduated over 11,000 practicing physicians. [5]

In the late 1990s, RUSM expressed interest in opening a new medical school in Casper, in the US state of Wyoming, but accreditation was denied by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, the organization that accredits MD-granting medical schools in the United States.[6] Some local individuals welcomed the economic impact of a new medical school on the town, but critics questioned the quality of education at a for-profit institution.[6]

In 2003, RUSM was purchased by DeVry Education Group.[7]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_University_School_of_Medicine

Thanks AlwaysShocked. Ross is interesting.

Here is what I am getting at: TS graduated from above mentioned Ross University School of Medicine in 1996. She next completed her residency at University of Florida in Jacksonville, according to her obit. It seems to me that she didn't open The Practice immediately upon completing her residency. So I am wondering what she did in between, if anything?

Thanks AlwaysShocked. Ross is interesting.

Here is what I am getting at: TS graduated from above mentioned Ross University School of Medicine in 1996. She next completed her residency at University of Florida in Jacksonville, according to her obit. It seems to me that she didn't open The Practice immediately upon completing her residency. So I am wondering what she did in between, if anything?

She had a busy practice in St Petersburg, FL prior to 2006 - -

http://www.esteromedical.com/spotlight.html
“I think the location is key,” says Dr.Teresa Sievers, a primary care internist at the EMC. Sievers relocated from a busy practice in St. Petersburg to start her practice in Estero and has been at the facility since its opening.

<modsnip>

Dr. Sievers was resident of the year while completing a residency at the University of Florida. This is no small achievement , regardless of whether or not her degree was from Ross. Further, she went on to get a Masters degree from the University of South Florida. I personally know the reason why she attended Ross and it is not for the reasons being outlined. Teresa Sievers was brilliant and one of the hardest workers I have ever known. May she rest in peace.

Dr. Sievers was resident of the year while completing a residency at the University of Florida. This is no small achievement , regardless of whether or not her degree was from Ross. Further, she went on to get a Masters degree from the University of South Florida. I personally know the reason why she attended Ross and it is not for the reasons being outlined. Teresa Sievers was brilliant and one of the hardest workers I have ever known. May she rest in peace.

Never doubted her intelligence and/or accomplishments. Surely, aside from academic, there are valid reasons to choose non U.S. MD schools.

Thank you, AmazonRain. A degree is a degree. There are law schools in my home state that have similar reputations. I know many brilliant, well employed lawyers who attended for financial reasons, scheduling reasons (evening division), personal reasons. TS was by all accounts, beyond talented at practicing medicine. And successful.

It shows great commitment and determination on Dr Sievers' part to go to a foreign country and study medical school in a foreign language. That is not easy! I have nothing but great admiration for all of her achievements and qualifications.

-Nin

&#8220;This was a woman who did not deserve what happened to her. This wasn&#8217;t a situation where she put herself in the wrong position at the wrong time, or made the wrong enemy with the wrong person,&#8221; said Detective Michael Downs.

How would you guys interpret this and include it into a theory? It is from a Wink news link posted by NIN on the crime scene thread. I will try to figure out how to post link here....

&#8220;This was a woman who did not deserve what happened to her. This wasn&#8217;t a situation where she put herself in the wrong position at the wrong time, or made the wrong enemy with the wrong person,&#8221; said Detective Michael Downs.

How would you guys interpret this and include it into a theory? It is from a Wink news link posted by NIN on the crime scene thread. I will try to figure out how to post link here....

I think it means just what it says in the next line.. she did nothing wrong

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott confirms there is no evidence of any criminal activity on behalf of Sievers that would have contributed to her death.

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott confirms there is no evidence of any criminal activity on behalf of Sievers that would have contributed to her death.

"Or made the wrong enemy with the wrong person"

Do you think that would exclude the possibility of her having dirt on CWW and was about to turn him in?

"Or made the wrong enemy with the wrong person"

Do you think that would exclude the possibility of her having dirt on CWW and was about to turn him in?

Yes, it does sound that way to me.
The statements made by Down sound like TS didn't see this coming at all.
Didn't put herself in a dangerous situation, didn't confront anyone .Didn't have damning evidence against someone
So, why was she targeted? Gosh, I am so confused

Yes, it does sound that way to me.
The statements made by Down sound like TS didn't see this coming at all.
Didn't put herself in a dangerous situation, didn't confront anyone .Didn't have damning evidence against someone
So, why was she targeted? Gosh, I am so confused

Me too! His statement confused me too!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bobbywoo

DUSHI SAID

ME:
I think it says both..She did nothing criminal that would have led to her death and that she didnt put herself in a precarious position by making enemies with someone etc etc. So, if this all above with the 2 quotes and my opinion are true, she didnt find out anything damaging that she relayed to anyone that would directly lead to the need to have her eliminated. She did not "happen upon" a robbery? The goal of the murder was not secondary to anything she knew about? MOO

Where does that leave us? Info was found out( independently from what TS knew) that led to the need to have her murdered because she "might" find out? There was an affair? She was no longer useful to them ( perps, spouse, others in the mix)?

Just my opinion on all of this.

Is the Sievers office still offering massages/energy healing, any other services or is it totally closed?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back