GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to make a prediction... and you locals will probably agree. By the end of the day Art Margulis and/or his son Billy-Bob (okay, not really) William Margulis will show up on the scene as her defense attorney(ies). I'm willing to bet money on it. They cannot stay away from the high profile cases, and they pull no punches on butting up bs defenses that put Baez's slime to shame.

Nope. As a local my opinion there is No Way Margulis will touch this with a ten-foot pole. This family has no $$$. Remember, he is Auggie #4s personal atty (and he is always in trouble)!

This will not be a high profile case IMHO. There will be a plea & she will be in prison for a very long time . . .

Just because the media is making this a frenzy, I don't believe we in the StL legal community are affected by Bozo & that circus at all (can I call him that?) . . . now, if some ambulance chasing non-StL atty comes on board, who knows?

I think one thing we should be thankful for is that it does seem mom has confessed. She was taken back, handcuffed, to both crimescenes (the home and cemetery). That will make it a lot easier to get a conviction... as long as it doesn't get thrown out.

I was hoping and praying last night that mom wouldn't lawyer up and stop talking. I really thought she might?

That's what worries me! They seem to get thrown out on ridiculous technicalities. Just look at the Alyssa Bustamante case. She confessed to killing her 9 year old neighbor Elizabeth just to see what killing someone felt like and the judge threw that out! WHAT!?!?! That infuriates me!!! Anything said be the suspect should be admissible.

this is strangely worded imo, seems like it should be "but says police must not release it" maybe i'm just going crazy this morning but i don't see the need for the word "but" in this sentence

ME can't release it unless LE approves it. That's how I interpreted it. Some LE will seal it until trial. Not sure what the laws are in MO though.

I think she drown him and hence the nakedness. I'm surprised she didn't wrap him in a blanket or a bag though.

this is strangely worded imo, seems like it should be "but says police must not release it" maybe i'm just going crazy this morning but i don't see the need for the word "but" in this sentence

It's weirdly worded, but I think the ME is saying, "yes, we know the cause of death, but it is the police rather than the ME'S office who must release that information to the public". MOO.

ME can't release it unless LE approves it. That's how I interpreted it. Some LE will seal it until trial. Not sure what the laws are in MO though.

ohhh yes that makes a lot more sense! thank you! d'oh

Sources are telling Fox2News that the woman in custody is indeed Shelby Dasher :(

You never want to believe a mother is capable of this!

Today it seems mothers are very capable of killing their babies:furious:.

wow that was quick.

We know from yesterday's press conference that there were no signs of trauma... so I wonder how they were able to determine COD so soon? It wouldn't have been drugs because we would have had to wait for toxicology tests, right?

I would either think that he had internal injuries or she smothered him, but with the "source in LE" saying she got extemely angry... I'm thinking he died of internal injuries caused by something violent. There are times when there are no outside signs of abuse, but their inner bodies tell you something different.

I want to applaud LE in this case! I think that it is very telling that they immediately began to interview the mother in the case. They continued - on the very day that the child went missing - to interview family members and the mother. They did an excellent job of likely interviewing her until her story changed. Too many LE almost act scared to interview the parents of missing children. IMHO, if they do not jump immediately into action during those first few critical days, the "perp" will get their stories straight in their minds. They are harder to break. They are more set on NOT telling what really happened.

LE in Tyler's case did an excellent job by interviewing the family late into the night. This is obviously my opinion; however, an arrest was made quickly.

Thanking this post is not enough!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

As a local who has lived off & on in StL for 25 years, our Police force is stellar & the County is even better. Yeah, there's corruption & rumors of brutality, but they work diligently in this crime-ridden area. It is up to us, the community, to help them!

One problem they do face is when "witnesses" don't come forward. If you didn't know, StL has repeatedly been the murder capital of the Country, exceeding the # of murders in Detroit some years. Some cases are solved, many are not, but I cannot help but think that it's a community effort. When there are no leads or no path to follow, LE is stymied & move on to the next case (there are so many).

Kudos to those who were so on top of this !!!

It's weirdly worded, but I think the ME is saying, "yes, we know the cause of death, but it is the police rather than the ME'S office who must release that information to the public". MOO.

I would expect the ME's office to be with the Prosecuting Attorney at the press conference and release the COD then. They don't want to release it prior to the charges being public as well causing more "conjecture" as they said this morning when refusing to release even the sex of who was in custody.

Well they did do an awesome job in the Coleman case. ;) I'd be placated with LWOP for this woman.

Yeah, so awesome! :furious: They drug out the case until IL ceased to carry out the DP!

That's what $$$ can afford you in a Court of Law . . .

We know from yesterday's press conference that there were no signs of trauma... so I wonder how they were able to determine COD so soon? It wouldn't have been drugs because we would have had to wait for toxicology tests, right?

I would either think that he had internal injuries or she smothered him, but with the "source in LE" saying she got extemely angry... I'm thinking he died of internal injuries caused by something violent. There are times when there are no outside signs of abuse, but their inner bodies tell you something different.

Smothering or drowning as some have predicted would be my guesses if the report of no visible signs of trauma is true.

Unfortunately I think a lot of people are still going to minimize this mother's actions. It's the primary reason in my opinion that so many mothers literally get away with murder. Soon we will see a defense attorney spinning how young she is, how difficult her life has been, she was abused, no support system, etc.

JMO

Isn't there a law in Great Britain that a mother can kill her baby up to one year of age and not be held responsible because of PPD?

OMG! I just heard about this and came right here to post. My heart is breaking! WTH is wrong with these women that kill their babies? I just will never understand! Fly with the angels baby boy!!!!

:rose:

I think she drown him and hence the nakedness. I'm surprised she didn't wrap him in a blanket or a bag though.

It seems to me, like I said earlier, that these mother's are trying to "one-up" each other. Who can be the most heinous? Creative? What would grab the most attention? Leaving a baby naked in a cemetery is as vile as you can get. A lot of people's immediate thought process would think that the crime was sexually motivated. I believe Tyler was naked and left out like he was for shock value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong