CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that seems to be a key point. Was the car found 15' down from the cell tower enclosure, in the brush; or 300' away on the lower road? No one has seen a picture of the car before it was towed???

Even what we originally surmised from msm was that he was possibly trying to maneuver a turn and the car may have gotten away from in (with him in it or not) and fell off the 15 feet. I assumed the place where he was trying to turn around was a road or something like it above the area where he fell.

How do we even know he was in the fenced area? Since it's so far from where the car landed...

At this point most of what I thought may be out the window CF! It's great to have "boots on the ground" in the LKP to see what can be surveyed and determined. I hope our on site team can clear a lot of this up and get our energy flowing in the right direction. Plus I want to see if Amanda has the Tracking gene.. ;)

PLEASE NOTE:

We do not verify locals anymore. We haven't been doing that for a couple of years now. If someone has been searching, we assume the search team has given the searchers the drill about how they are not to discuss anything that could hurt the investigation and the searchers are posting responsibly. Other than that, we do allow locals to post what they have observed first hand without being verified. Second hand information is rumor and is not allowed. That doesn't mean sleuthers are required to consider the information as fact, but you certainly can consider the information in your discussions.

An insider is someone who knows the victim currently or is a spokesperson for the family of the victim. A verified searcher is someone who has credentials in SAR and is able to scan them and send them to us for our files.

I hope that clears things up! If you have any other questions, you can contact me privately. I am the one who handles verifications for Websleuths LLC and I am happy to help.
:grouphug:

Even what we originally surmised from msm was that he was possibly trying to maneuver a turn and the car may have gotten away from in (with him in it or not) and fell off the 15 feet. I assumed the place where he was trying to turn around was a road or something like it above the area where he fell.

How do we even know he was in the fenced area? Since it's so far from where the car landed...

We really need to find the proof of the fenced area. I have looked everywhere in MSM and can't find it. If that isn't part of it, we need to change our whole view and I need to make sure I have the correct area to track!!!

At this point most of what I thought may be out the window CF! It's great to have "boots on the ground" in the LKP to see what can be surveyed and determined. I hope our on site team can clear a lot of this up and get our energy flowing in the right direction. Plus I want to see if Amanda has the Tracking gene.. ;)

I will be googling all night on tracking tips haha!!

We really need to find the proof of the fenced area. I have looked everywhere in MSM and can't find it. If that isn't part of it, we need to change our whole view and I need to make sure I have the correct area to track!!!

- - - - DRZ: The way I heard it was the vehicle went around the gate (didn't hit it) and missed the cell tower and veered toward the drop off. That leads me to believe it was going straight and one side dropped off causing it to roll.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

- - - - DRZ: One strange thing that was observed was that in the tire marks, there were mounds of dirt behind point of travel as to indicate acceleration NOT braking. Now, again, this could be a last minute effort to "save" the vehicle from going over OR one to dump it.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

- - - - DRZ: … we know he was in the car at one point , guessing that he was at time of crash.

- - - - DRZ: The car rolled more than once (multiple) # not known.

[FONT=&amp]
Rest of timeline at link [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]ꜜ[/FONT][FONT=&amp]ꜜ[/FONT][FONT=&amp]ꜜ[/FONT][FONT=&amp] . . . . . . . . . . . . . Please note disclaimer [/FONT][FONT=&amp]ꜜ[/FONT][FONT=&amp]ꜜ[/FONT][FONT=&amp]ꜜ[/FONT][FONT=&amp] . . . Thx! [/FONT][FONT=&amp]:)[/FONT]

I believe Dragracerz confirmed that area.

Here is his post discussing what he was told happened:

Why isn't this discussed in any interview?? Grrrr.... I wish I could also find it in MSM. I wonder if Glenn told him this? I emailed him asking, so I know where to search for sure.

These are completely different areas. My best bet is probably going to be to trying tracking both.

Why isn't this discussed in any interview?? Grrrr.... I wish I could also find it in MSM. I wonder if Glenn told him this? I emailed him asking, so I know where to search for sure.

These are completely different areas. My best bet is probably going to be to trying tracking both.

I thought I remembered him stating he heard it from his brother and his brother in law. I will look for the post.....

DRZ: The way I heard it was the vehicle went around the gate (didn't hit it) and missed the cell tower and veered toward the drop off. That leads me to believe it was going straight and one side dropped off causing it to roll.

- - - - DRZ: One strange thing that was observed was that in the tire marks, there were mounds of dirt behind point of travel as to indicate acceleration NOT braking. Now, again, this could be a last minute effort to "save" the vehicle from going over OR one to dump it.

This whole things makes sense but not if the car was found 300 feet away.

F 8/30/13 btw 4:20 & 5:15am Castaic Lake SUV CRASHED

FYI: DRZ's posts re forensics on the SUV:

Sorry even I think I created a fire storm with the accident but I believe knowing the truth about it is important.

This whole things makes sense but not if the car was found 300 feet away.

I believe RK and AF are saying that the SUV was not found crashed down on the lower road, as has been reported in MSM and on family timeline, but was found crashed between the cell tower and the lower road. HTH

Okay, I'm now totally confused. We have gone through endless posts about fencing, where he may have turned around, three-point turns, all these options because he got stuck in that little gated in area. I'm picturing that he tried to over-correct in some way and the car fell off the hill, down the 15 feet.

Now we see by the pics that it was HUNDREDS of feet away that he crashed? While I agree that if he was attempting to drive through all that brush in the dark, he could have missed that drop-off and had an accident, I DON'T see how that little fenced area has anything to do with his accident?

Unless his accelerator got stuck, how could these be connected and why have we spent so much time talking about what he did to maneuver in that fenced in area?

Also, we heard repeatedly that he was NEAR the main boat launch road (we've since seen pictures of the steep driveway looking boat launch. I would absolutely never classify near if it was hundreds of feet away. I don't see why he would walk that far to clean blood off himself or any other such thing.

I believe the crunched plastic came from his car because it was reported that way with the inference that it came from LE. How far from the actual water is that place?

It was confirmed early on by Dragracerz (end of thread #1, beginning of thread #2) that Bryce went off the road behind the cell tower. I even specifically asked him which side of the cell tower & he came back to confirm via his brother Glenn that it was the side opposite Lake Hughes Rd (nearest Main Ramp Rd down below)
***I can repost the pics that now have bad links on Pg 1 of Thread #2 if needed. ***

We had long assumed he went all the way down to Main Ramp Rd based on multiple MSM articles & pics of debris in the dirt near the road. But today those assumptions have been turned upside down by the revelation of multiple people saying the tow truck towed Bryce's car from up at the cell tower, not down on Main Ramp Rd & Riverking's observations of drag marks going up the hill. I then found the original article of the accident stating 15' down in a ravine "near" Main Ramp Rd. (But then what is the debris down on Main Ramp Rd?)

So we have, IMO, equally valid evidence that points to Bryce's vehicle coming to rest 15' below the cell tower on the ledge/ravine/ditch area vs going all the way down the hill several 100' & over the 15' drop down to the shoulder of Main Ramp Rd. (But that wouldn't make sense if the car was towed from the cell tower)

No - you are correct & on track. For sure.

Yes, he said Glenn told him this. The end of thread #1. I'll look for links later. I have to step away for a few.

Here is another post I found by Dragracerz regarding the location of the car:

"I tried to get similar pics and looked at the same exact spot. I am not certain and didn't ask Mike exactly where the crash was but know the car went down about a 15' drop and landed on the passenger side. There was definately a gate and cell tower by the accident site"

and this: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

"I was told the water was maybe 100' from where the vehicle landed"

Knowing how the accident happened is important, of course. But I don't think we will learn enough without Bryce being able to say what actually happened. It will all be guesswork, albeit maybe more-educated guess work, if more details are learned.

For me, the minute-by-minute details of what was going on with Bryce from Tuesday or so, is more vital as far as figuring out his mindset. I know we are not supposed to talk much about drugs, but I think they figure greatly into whatever happened to separate him from his vehicle and ultimately vanish. Someone knows where he was really headed and why, IMO. Someone knows why he may have been having emotional or other issues, causing him to blow off classes and not keep to his holiday plans.

Also, I don't like bringing up the idea of suicidal thoughts, but we have seen many cases of suicide here at Ws with much less drama in the hours before the person disappeared, than what we have heard here. It can't be ruled out, IMO, by saying "Bryce would never...". We can never know what a person is thinking or how close they are to a breaking point.

JMO

Here is another post from Dragracerz:

"As far as the airbags go. To the best of my knowledge, ALL cars sensors are wired DIRECTLY to the battery none are wired through the ignition. That is why every car I have ever worked on (that has airbags) have a 10 gauge Yellow wire with a black/white checkerboard and warning labels under the dash, if you cut this wire, air bags will deploy - whether the ignition is on or off.

I want to make it clear that the airbags really have nothing to do with anything. The sensors need to be tripped in order for them to go off.....ie front end hit etc

The airbags didn't deploy in Bryces car because there was no front end collision, the car rolled"

Knowing how the accident happened is important, of course. But I don't think we will learn enough without Bryce being able to say what actually happened. It will all be guesswork, albeit maybe more-educated guess work, if more details are learned.

For me, the minute-by-minute details of what was going on with Bryce from Tuesday or so, is more vital as far as figuring out his mindset. I know we are not supposed to talk much about drugs, but I think they figure greatly into whatever happened to separate him from his vehicle and ultimately vanish. Someone knows where he was really headed and why, IMO. Someone knows why he may have been having emotional or other issues, causing him to blow off classes and not keep to his holiday plans.

Also, I don't like bringing up the idea of suicidal thoughts, but we have seen many cases of suicide here at Ws with much less drama in the hours before the person disappeared, than what we have heard here. It can't be ruled out, IMO, by saying "Bryce would never...". We can never know what a person is thinking or how close they are to a breaking point.

JMO

I agree. If the tire marks, etc. were around the cell tower, I don't see any evidence it was his car that made them. Did someone take tire impressions or something? Look at how many people from this thread have gone to explore there, I don't doubt for a second that other folks four-wheeled there.

For me the key is how close to the water. I have always believed he's in the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998