Press Conference: 4-11-2008 (Cesar's Arrest)

When the DA was talking I got the feeling that our guys have knew where the was and was following him.They were just waiting for him to cross back into the US to capture him.I think he got wind of them being there and he was being watched and thats when the check point came into the picture and he gave them his real name.He knew he was busted and broke.

Just imo and the feeling I got from the confrence.That DA really wanted him to face the DP.

I sorta got that impression to, cee. What a bummer that it didn't happen that way.

Methinks as soon as Cesar gets back and is questioned, we'll see a very different presser about wifey...jmo!

Maybe they just don't have anything that they can pin to her.
They may just be keeping quiet until they get him back here and can pit the two against each other.
It should be quite interesting...and I hope he doesn't fight extradition so that we don't have to wait years to find out.

I think LE has something they can indeed pin on her - however they are using it as leverage against her to get her to testify against Cesar Laurean. I doubt she was oblvious to something after the murder - I suspect LE recognizes the value of her testimony. She refuses - she goes to jail with him. JMO. LE is way too protective of her for her to not know something...

What a position for Xtina to be in, but I agree, raisin. She apparently really, still loves her husband, but she certainly doesn't want to go to jail! They HAVE to have something on her, she can't possibly be that naive, could she?

No, I doubt it. Not in this case. She knows something alright....and I wonder if once this gets going they are going to be pointing fingers at each other..."he killed her, made me help clean up" "she killed her, made me help clean up" or something like that.

I have to say that since they're so adament about Xtina not being involved in any way, shape or form, I'm not going to not speculate on that for now. They seem to want to protect her, LE and her attorney.

Actually, I don't understand how she could NOT have known, seeing what we do know occurred during the following days, clean up, bury, burn, Maria's car, etc............but..................UNTIL it's proved she DID know, I guess we should give her the benefit of the doubt.

I've talked before that I know of a family that one of their own did a MAJOR Capital offense in California. The person I know in the family didn't really associate with the rest, but they were just like everyone, relentlessly persued by the media. At first their family thought the guy COULD be innocent. However, the learned from one of their own children, he was guilty has heck! and they testified as such. But at the end of the day, the person I know had to leave their home of over thirty years, due to the name recognition. It was really sad too, because her hubby is severely disabled.

Anyway, that's what happens when one of your own does a crime. The entire family becomes a victim of their crime too!

JMHO
fran

Thanks for the update on the presser! So nothing really new, I guess. Same ole' same ole' from LE. Glad I didn't miss much!

I don't care what they say about Christina. If she were really cooperating with the police, they would know about her contacts with Cesar without a SW for the computer. They would have set it up so that Christina sent him money and would have waited until he crossed the border to capture Cesar. While they can spin it any way they want to for now...the girl has hidden a lot from LE.

According to Fox reporter just now...her Atty was advising her not to send money which means he also knew she was in contact with him, doesn't it?

So now we know that she's not stupid and she knows how to CYA....which goes along with everything else I'm thinking....

Apparently she knew how to CYA from the beginning, otherwise, why would she have given them the note. But stupidity, not sure of that, but at least she has perhaps smarter people advising her. thank goodness for her sake. I agree with you, fran about innocent until proven guilty, but I sure can't see how she couldn't have known something? :rolleyes:

I can't understand how he was able to stay on the lam so long if there was no one helping him! Nope, not his family, not the wife, bla, bla because it's AGAINST THE LAW.

That doesn't mean wifey didn't have someone acting as a go between ya know what I mean :rolleyes:

SS...I think Christina and members of Cesar's family are part of the reason he was captured...all had been in contact with police...it almost sounds like they were trying to set him up and he gave in...it's not a crime for her to communicate with Cesar but IF she helped him in any way such as providing resurces then she would be in trouble but she didn't. Nor did his family. In all reality, Christina and his family were ready for it all to be over...I know if it were my son or my husband I would be ready. At least if they're in jail, you know where they are and that they are safe and they have food and water. That beats going to bed every night wondering and worrying like u know they did when he was runnig.

>snip from Fox news article:

"While Laurean’s crime was horrible, to say the least, Cesar Laurean is not an animal," Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said. "He is human and he is not a trophy."

>snip

Now we have to worry about Laurean's HUMAN rights?? :confused:
That sherriff sure is generous. Not too long ago the sherriff was descriping the fist of Ceasar's unborn child, fisted in womb of Maria after the baby was charcoaled to death! Whatever Brown.

:clap: :clap: >snip also from the above Fox news article:

"Our focus as a community and a nation must be on achieving justice for Maria and determining what can be done in the future to provide protection for other women in the military," said Ohio GOP Rep. Michael Turner, who had complained about the Marines' handling of Lauterbach's rape allegations.

>snip

>snip from Fox news article:

"While Laurean’s crime was horrible, to say the least, Cesar Laurean is not an animal," Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said. "He is human and he is not a trophy."

>snip

Now we have to worry about Laurean's HUMAN rights?? :confused:
That sherriff sure is generous. Not too long ago the sherriff was descriping the fist of Ceasar's unborn child, fisted in womb of Maria after the baby was charcoaled to death! Whatever Brown.

Maybe...just maybe..the Sheriff knows more than what he's letting on about the whole situation and THATS why he made that statement?:waitasec:

SS...I think Christina and members of Cesar's family are part of the reason he was captured...all had been in contact with police...it almost sounds like they were trying to set him up and he gave in...it's not a crime for her to communicate with Cesar but IF she helped him in any way such as providing resurces then she would be in trouble but she didn't. Nor did his family. In all reality, Christina and his family were ready for it all to be over...I know if it were my son or my husband I would be ready. At least if they're in jail, you know where they are and that they are safe and they have food and water. That beats going to bed every night wondering and worrying like u know they did when he was runnig.

didn't watch the press conf, but i don't think Christina had anything to do with Maria's death...i also think that her, along with his family are part of the reason he was captured...they didn't help him, while he was running.....good for them!....i also agree they were probably ready for this to be over....

good post snowlover...

Maybe...just maybe..the Sheriff knows more than what he's letting on about the whole situation and THATS why he made that statement?:waitasec:

Sheriff Brown has also said "that it is "possible" that Christina did not know anything and stranger things have happened" (I would like to know what they those stranger happening are than this case) and he has that look on his face and makes sure he never says but it is not "probable only possible."

It eats at his gut imo and I sensed it does Sutherland as well. He stressed all their department could do was turn over the evidence they had but it was up to THE DA what charges are brought. I think they have given him evidence on CSL but Hudson needs her so badly in this case that he refuses to consider what may be there.

imoo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan