Urgent:The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing./FCC Finally Provides Answer

First, I am not a trucker and there are not a lot of "Flying J's" in southern CA.

Here is what I read from Marc's site:

The U.S. Department of Transportation requires America’s 2-million long haul truck drivers to spend 10-hours or more per day resting. Flying J provides a variety of vital services to long haul truckers making it a popular and viable rest destination. However, one service that truck drivers have never been able to access is basic television service. Clarity has proposed to provide 70 channels of television programming – local stations, national cable and satellite channels, and its own specially originated program channels to entertain and inform long haul truckers during federally mandated rest stops.

The bold by me.

Does this mean as of now Flying J's / truck stops do not have any TV service? So is Marc / Klasskids asking for new TV's and service be installed at various truck stops -or- simply an new channel for missing kids?

Thanks

Don't ban me Tricia ;)

I did a short blitz in today's Missing/Located threads. If anything, peeps will read just to find out who the idiot is that's spamming the board.

I still trust that WSrs will come through, and agree that it is just going to take a bit more time for the word to get around

I get on and off this site randomly everyday and did not see this until now. I think with all the hot cases right now not everyone is seeing this, hopefully more will!

eta; I don't have microsoft outlook on my home computer, is there another link he can add? The button that's on there now is not going to work for me. thanks!!

I get on and off this site randomly everyday and did not see this until now. I think with all the hot cases right now not everyone is seeing this, hopefully more will!

I agree indicat. WSrs aren't just a bunch of slackers, but it may take a few days for word to get around. I tried to blitz the most active threads and have to go out this aft, but will keep posting the message over the next few days unless Tricia gives me a smack and tells me to cool my jets for whatever reason :)

Does this mean as of now Flying J's / truck stops do not have any TV service? So is Marc / Klasskids asking for new TV's and service be installed at various truck stops -or- simply an new channel for missing kids?

My understanding is they don't have TV now and this will provide 70 channels free, with the default channel being the missing kids channel.

IF YOU ENJOY WEBSLEUTHS THEN PLEASE DO THIS FOR THE FORUM AND FOR THE MISSING CHILDREN. READ ON AND TAKE 3 MINTUES TO ACT. THANK YOU.

http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Why won’t the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) give the OK for a Truckers Network to help find missing children?​

In a nutshell KlaasKids along with Clarity Media want to put in TV service with 70 channels of programming directed at the long haul trucker in hundreds of Flying J Truck Stops. This programming would include information on Amber Alerts, and missing people. Since it involves all aspects of TV including, satellite, local programming, national programming, the FCC has to give the OK.

THE FCC HAS NOT GIVEN PERMISSION FOR THIS PROJECT TO GO FORWARD. DEATH ROW INMATES AND CONVICTED TERRORISTS HAVE EASY ACCESS TO TV, BUT NOT LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVERS!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE THAT MUST BE CORRECTED. TRUCKER TV WILL SAVE THE LIVES OF COUNTLESS CHILDREN.

Until the FCC approves this project nothing can move forward.
2 million truckers would see the Amber Alerts, 2 million truckers would see the stories about missing teenagers who end up prostituting themselves at TRUCK STOPS.

Do you see the potential here for many happy endings? Truckers are our eyes and ears on the highways. You let these truckers know there is an Amber Alert for a small child you know they will be watching and looking for them.
It was a long haul trucker who caught the D.C. Sniper but ONLY because he was watching TV. Imagine how much sooner the D.C. sniper would have been caught if this information was immediately available on TV networks at all Flying J Truck Stops.

This is an outrage.

You have to help us. It takes 3 minutes. Go to KlaasKids.org and read about this situation. Then click on the button at the bottom and email the FCC and Marc Klaas. Express your outrage. PLEASE DO IT POLITELY BUT FIRMLY. No one is going to read an obnoxious email filled with foul language.

http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

DO NOT WAIT PLEASE WRITE NOW!!!!

Mail undeliverable...I sent my letter...returned.

The Postfix program

<Ian.Williams@flyingj.com> (expanded from <Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com>): host
mail.flyingj.com[204.110.224.33] said: 554 5.7.1 rr.com is blacklisted. (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

Mail undeliverable...I sent my letter...returned.

The Postfix program

<Ian.Williams@flyingj.com> (expanded from <Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com>): host
mail.flyingj.com[204.110.224.33] said: 554 5.7.1 rr.com is blacklisted. (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

Chesterp, please try again. Also, I'll send this info to Marc's tech guy. Thank you for putting it in your post.

Tricia

Sent my email, posted the info in the Victoria Stafford thread, and on another major site where members are concerned about missing children. Will be contacting Jessie Foster's mom (who has email addys that would sink a ship).

Thought it was such an excellent suggestion in chat last nite about the Teamsters Union, so hoping someone can find a contact there to disseminate the link. Another suggestion would be the National Education Association (3.2 million members). Anyone have any ideas for contacts there? Also AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).

Craigslist certainly comes to mind, but I'm going to put more thought into that (don't want bunch of freaks emailing Marc with nonsense). Am trying to contact someone there (arghhhh) to see if a post of this nature would or would not be allowed on Craiglist.

Thank You so much. This is what we need to do. Find places to send the info to so others will email.
THANK YOU.

Most members have their favorite threads, and don't mosey around the board as much as others. It's only been 24 hrs, so I think it's going to take a bit more time for the word to get out.

Tricia, I don't know if this is possible for your webmaster to do easily, but at the top of this page is your "CALL TO ACTION" notice. If that could be placed in RED at the top of each forum/thread, maybe it could help. Also, I'm not very tech-savvy, but there might even be a way of intercepting the member log-in feature with a message.

Right now, we're a pretty small crew in this thread, but maybe we could each take X number of threads to post the info with specific wording and a link to Marc's page. Let me know if and how I/we can help.

PS: I emailed Jessie Foster's mom, Glendene and have asked her to send the info out to her multitiude of contacts. Also have posted the info and link on the AMW message forum (sorry if it's a competitor, but can't hurt).

Oh God !! I just realized how many threads we have here at WS ... would take an army I guess. Now you know why I'm sillybilly.

I am in the process of posting an announcement on all the threads. It is in the announcement at the top of every forum but I don't think people click on it all the time.

It's in my signature and on the front page. It's just hard to get people to do things. That is the nature of things. I know everyone is overly busy and stressed. I get it. I am praying we can get enough letters to the FCC to get this done that's why we are here. Do make a difference. Now we have a chance.

Tricia

Email sent... and sent emails to all in my family and friends asking for their help. Two have already replied back that they sent emails and have sent a request to all of their family and friends to get in on this too.

I think many people (from WS and elsewhere) will be responding over the weekend and through out the week. People are currently caught up in their personal lives with a holiday coming up and several very active cases (with, I'm sure, every intention to send their email). Tricia, please ask Marc to be patient. We can and will get the word out and get those emails sent. We can make a difference and get this proposal passed. :)

I know we can. I have talked to Marc today and he is fine. He loves Websleuths. It's just so surprising to see so few emails with so many people here. We have be at this since Monday.

If anyone understands the stress of life it is me. Please understand I am just trying to light a fire and get people's attention. I would not do this if the project wasn't literally a matter of life and death for our kids.

No one is a "bad" person if they don't email the FCC. You're busy, overloaded, and too much to deal with. Me too. :) I'm just trying to get your attention.

I have a feeling that Marc's going to quickly change his assessment. :)

Tricia

I sent my letter. I hope it helps.

Okay - well I am disappointed. I have emailed Klaaskids asking for additional info and have heard nothing back! What are they doing?

Salem

Maybe all you moms and dads can send it out to your local Parent & Teachers' Associations (especially in locales where there are missing victims). Could try local school boards, but generally this type of thing would require superintendent's approval which could take weeks and may or may not happen. By going directly to the PTAs, this bypasses a large part of the bureaucratic approval process

Tricia, is there a deadline? I mean, I know this needed to be done oh about three years ago, but a deadline might help get people motivated, as in do this NOW.

i just sent in my email and posted it on my facebook to get out to all of my family and friends. sorry i did not see this earlier!!

Okay - never mind. I found the info I was looking for. I'll be back in a couple of hours :)

Salem

OK. I sent mine. My delay was in figuring out what to write. Sometimes a sample letter gets us people going in the right direction. ;-)

Have been flooding the most current threads on the board ... even I'm getting sick of seeing my old goat avatar . May have to change that or go into the WS witness protection program here ;)

Last I looked Tricia, the number of views of your message had increased to 609, so will probably keep rising. Hopefully the exponential factor will kick in soon and Marc will start to see better results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back