CT - Five die in Stamford Christmas Day fire 2011.12.25

A new interview with Madonna Badger:

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/20...my-daughters-talk-to-me-in-my-dreams#comments

My heart goes out to her, I hope she really has found a small amount of peace. I noticed that she never mentioned the boyfriend. Sounds like he may be out of her life. I hope so, whether or not she blames him it was his absolute stupidity and shady building practices that caused the fire.

Wow....she has really come a long way...... it's good to see her able to smile. I'm happy to hear that the therapy has helped so much.

Wow....she has really come a long way...... it's good to see her able to smile. I'm happy to hear that the therapy has helped so much.

Agreed. The network of support she has is really helpful for her.

A new interview with Madonna Badger:

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/20...my-daughters-talk-to-me-in-my-dreams#comments

My heart goes out to her, I hope she really has found a small amount of peace. I noticed that she never mentioned the boyfriend. Sounds like he may be out of her life. I hope so, whether or not she blames him it was his absolute stupidity and shady building practices that caused the fire.

Good to see she appears to be doing much better now.

Sending many positive thoughts that as Christmas nears, she will continue to get through this.

Very informative article. It certainly makes me very suspicious about the city's actions after the fire. I hope Ms Badger gets the answers she seeks.

I still don't understand why the ashes were put into a paper bag. And smoke detectors were not connected to source of electricity? She says she was told smoke detectors were working? Who told her that? Her boyfriend?
Of course any prosecutions were made impossible by the demolition of the house without a thorough investigation. I mean, all of us here were shocked when the house was demolished so quickly.

I still don't understand why the ashes were put into a paper bag. And smoke detectors were not connected to source of electricity? She says she was told smoke detectors were working? Who told her that? Her boyfriend?
Of course any prosecutions were made impossible by the demolition of the house without a thorough investigation. I mean, all of us here were shocked when the house was demolished so quickly.

My belief has always been that this was nothing less than pure negligence, especially being that he was a building contractor. An old house, under extreme renovation, no operable smoke detectors and he disposes of fireplace embers in a paper bag.........indoors.

The one who has my deepest sympathy is Matthew Badger who, through no fault of his own, lost three precious children.

:(

MOO

I agree that it was likely negligence, but they couldn't even prosecute him for negligence because the house was demolished so quickly without a full investigation. So they couldn't rule other causes of fire out.

I agree that it was likely negligence, but they couldn't even prosecute him for negligence because the house was demolished so quickly without a full investigation. So they couldn't rule other causes of fire out.

Absolutely agree that the house should not have been demolished so quickly without a thorough investigation. It was my understanding that it was Borcina's own admission as to how he disposed of the embers. Therefore, it is even more tragic that there wasn't enough to prosecute him.

MOO

"Mother whose 3 daughters and parents perished in Christmas Day fire speaks out about how she fought suicidal impulses to cope - as she reveals she is engaged"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ughters-parents-Christmas-Day-speaks-out.html

Thank you very much for finding this and posting it. It is still heartbreaking to read and look at the photos of those beautiful girls, her loving parents and the remains of the house.

I cannot imagine what she has gone through in the almost two years since this tragedy and I can only wish her as much happiness as possible as she moves on with her life. Thankfully it doesn't include Borcina.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back