Identified! CT - Vernon, Skeletal remains near middle school, Sep'14 - Name not found

WTH went on in Vernon? It's not that big a town for all these bodies to be turning up!

WTH went on in Vernon? It's not that big a town for all these bodies to be turning up!

I thought the same thing. Maybe because it is off the heavily travelled 84?

Yes, that's basically it. Very easy to get to. If I remember correctly, for years it was where the four-lane from Hartford ended. Then there was a long stretch of two-lane road before it turned to four lanes again near the Massachusetts border. It was also, before all the malls were built up, very deserted and rural.

I was just thinking about how Buckland Hills opened in the early nineties. I was in high school and my friend was the first in our class to get his license. Buckland was always our destination.

Wasn't there a popular roller skating rink in Vernon?

The Mass Pike really isn't too far from Vernon either. What is before the Pike, 290? In any case , those highways are very busy and full of tractor trailers.

I-84 connects directly to the MassPike (I90) in Sturbridge. Yes, traffic of all kinds goes through there at all hours of the day and night. We've been driving that road since 1980 to visit Mr. Carbuff's parents; when we started, it was dark and isolated except for little pockets around the exits. I don't think the welcome center was even there.

I didn't realize Buckland Hills was that old. They've maintained it well.

There weren't any truck stops or travel plazas then between Sturbridge and Hartford, about 40 miles. A few gas stations that catered to truckers. I think one of them was in Vernon but I don't remember exactly where.

Update: Remains of an adult man were found near Vernon Center Middle School in Vernon on Thursday, a mile from where a woman's skull was found a year and a half ago, and police said they have made a tentative identification.

Name won't be released until they locate the man's family.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...at-Vernon-Center-Middle-School-275630451.html This is the same article cited in #2, just updated at the website.

Wow! That didn't take long. Sounds like at this point police believe there is no connection to the lady found last year. That's one creepy coincidence though, especially considering the fact that the woman's case has recently been in the local news due to the sketch being released. I wonder if this man is in Namus.

I wonder if his initials are BS (or, technically, WS)

I doubt it also. His mother has been openly searching for him, and was very vocal advocate in favor of Namus before it was a reality. If it was him we would know by now.

If the Vernon UID was indeed him, that would be odd, as you're right that's a ways from where his car was found. It sounded as if LE had a good idea who this was, but I haven't heard any updates, and there's no Namus entry for him.

It looks like this person has been ID'd and they are just not releasing a name. I am flagging the thread Identified, and moving it to the Identified forum.

Lecza's Namus profile gets a permission error, so clearly he's been identified.

I found this from when he went missing: http://patch.com/connecticut/eastha...-despondant-before-disappearance#.VCmBr_nGo8I

He was last seen in Milford CT and his car was found at an oceanside state park. Both of those are quite a distance from Vernon.

I know you know this carbuff, but for the sake of the non-New Englanders on this page, what we consider to be quite a distance in CT is likely considered barely a blip elsewhere in the country. While people in Texas wouldn't bat an eyelash at a body being 60 miles away in Texas, in CT that is far. And coastal CT is a different animal from inland CT. People tend to be more mobile east-west in CT than north-south.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back