CA CA - RICHARD RAMIREZ, Night Stalker, 1980's

redrockerlady55

Reaction score
First time posting, not sure if I did it correctly.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/07/5479544/calif-serial-killer-richard-ramirez.html

Calif. serial killer Richard Ramirez dies
Published: Friday, Jun. 7, 2013 - 9:38 am
Last Modified: Friday, Jun. 7, 2013 - 9:53 am

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
LOS ANGELES -- California corrections officials say convicted serial killer Richard Ramirez, known as the Night Stalker, has died.
San Quentin State Prison spokesman Lt. Sam Robinson says Ramirez died Friday morning. He had recently been taken from death row to a hospital.
Ramirez was convicted of 13 murders that terrorized Southern California in 1984 and '85, and sentenced to death.

I posted this in the "The Original Night Stalker" thread, but I take it that thread refers to the 'other' Night Stalker (confusing case), so I was going to make a thread like this as well. Thanks! (I can't seem to find a dedicated thread for this particular guy, maybe it's just very inactive--I only paged back to 2006 in my search.)

Good to hear. Isn't this the guy that all the neighbors apprehended?

I just came here to see if this was already posted.

I'm not sad. More evil removed from the earth.

Jebus. I know nothing about this case other than the name, but (wikipedia):

As a child, Ramirez was influenced by his cousin, Mike, a Special Forces veteran who boasted of his gruesome exploits during the Vietnam War and showed him Polaroid pictures of his victims.[12] These included pictures of Mike raping a Vietnamese woman. The last picture of that series showed Mike posing with the woman's severed head.[13] Ramirez was present the night Mike shot and killed his wife, and her blood spattered on Ramirez's face.[citation needed] Ramirez was 13 years old at the time. After the murder, his behavior changed dramatically; he dropped out of school, began using drugs, and adopted odd sleeping habits.[14]

I know nature vs. nurture is constantly debated here at WS in the making of a killer, but jebus. Definitely some 'nurture' problems here.

Good to hear. Isn't this the guy that all the neighbors apprehended?

He had left town and was returning on a grayhound bus. He wasn't aware that upon his absence, they'd id'd him and his photo was on the front page of every paper in the state.

When he stepped off the bus and was walking, he was recognized by someone and he began persuing him, joined by everyone within earshot, because the man chasing him was yelling, 'That's him! That's the night stalker!'

I'm not sure of the exact sequence or words spoken, but it was something like that. By the time LE had arrived, the crowd had caught up to him and were beating the carp outta' him, before LE had to stop them.

At the time of his reign of terror, I'd moved out of California for a few years, but feared for my friends and family, as they lived within his killing area. Growing up and to the end, my mom always slept with her windows open and often times the door wasn't even locked. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember if we ever had a lock for our front door. (That would never do in this time though, no locks :eek:)

JMHO
fran

I'm glad he's gone. He should have been executed long ago. Now taxpayers no longer have to support him and there is no chance of his escape.

Another one bites the dust. :great:

Sigh. A much more humane death than his victims. Glad he is no longer alive...he was among the sickest of the sick. And even somehow got married while on DR...don't know who would marry a serial RAPIST. Geez.:scared: Well...he is no longer sucking CA tax dollars into his care and housing and food. Good riddance.

Good Bye and Good riddance. :seeya: Wonderful News on a rainy day

I sure do remember the Night Stalker days. Quite a story! Random killings in LA and then suddenly in San Francisco! No victim type either.

Was he still married to the same woman? The 40 year old virgin or whatever she claimed to be that married him in prison?

I was living in So. Calif. when he was on the loose. It was extremely frightening!

Yeah it freaked people all over the state out. I was in Northern Calif, about an hour away from San Francisco (where some of his victims were) and still spooked by it. No idea where he would strike next and no "typical victim" profile, he just crawled into windows at night and started raping/killing.

Jebus. I know nothing about this case other than the name, but (wikipedia):

As a child, Ramirez was influenced by his cousin, Mike, a Special Forces veteran who boasted of his gruesome exploits during the Vietnam War and showed him Polaroid pictures of his victims.[12] These included pictures of Mike raping a Vietnamese woman. The last picture of that series showed Mike posing with the woman's severed head.[13] Ramirez was present the night Mike shot and killed his wife, and her blood spattered on Ramirez's face.[citation needed] Ramirez was 13 years old at the time. After the murder, his behavior changed dramatically; he dropped out of school, began using drugs, and adopted odd sleeping habits.[14]

I know nature vs. nurture is constantly debated here at WS in the making of a killer, but jebus. Definitely some 'nurture' problems here.

OT but I have seen stories (Lt. Calley for instance) and others that are very similar come out of that war....though to be far that seems to happen in many conflicts in any country with anyone as perps. Sudan, Rwanda, the Balkans. Horrifys me to see what civilians go through simply because they are caught in a conflict.

He had quite the fan club back in the day.....which I'll never understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Yahoo News:

His marathon trial, which ended in 1989, was a horror show in which jurors heard about one victim's eyes being gouged out and another's head being nearly severed. Courtroom observers wept when survivors of some of the attacks testified.

Wow, I don't know much about this serial killer (too young at the time), but the few details in the article linked above are horrifying! Glad to hear there were some survivors, I pray the news of his death gives them some peace.

Can someone with better search skills than me/I (?) see if there's a forum on here for this monster and link it here, please? TIA!

He had quite the fan club back in the day.....which I'll never understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Never understood that. :stormingmad:

Good riddance to that piece of human flesh. All serial killers are evil in their nature, but this man was an extreme form of evil and if there truly is an afterlife, I hope he is burning.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back