George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats not fair, blaming the dad because he let him walk to the 711 for candy which he had every right to do, don't you think his heart is broken enuff, that now you have to blame him too, instead of the man who actually shot tm??? and as far as tm's crazy background you keep referring to, besides a few dumb tweets and fb posts over the years, what evidence is there that tm was some kind of criminal or ??? the only one in this situation w/ a police record is GZ

and i am sorry but it just breaks my heart that ppl are now so busy shifting the blame, that now tm's parents are being attacked after their son was murdered, there is a line of decency that shouldn't be crossed imo

Seems like it's considered admirable for GZ to have a criminal record...dead men tell no tales. IMO

The thing is the ME said that The THC would or could have an effect on him.. I think the Jury will be ticked if they don't hear this and find about it later....

OMO

Absolutely. IMO it's part of the autopsy and the complete autopsy report should be before the jury

I GZ made his report and stayed in the truck, no murder would have happened.
The police I am sure are capable in their jobs. But GZ thinks the bad guys always get away. IMO

BBM

That is absolutely true. But on the other hand, what if it was reversed. What if the unknown person he was watching was actually a rapist or an armed home invader? And GZ had stayed in his car and lost track of him. Maybe we would have been criticizing GZ for not keeping track of the potential suspect, if that suspect broke into a home and terrorized someone. There were several recent cases of home invasions and burglaries in that complex, so it makes sense that GZ was suspicious. JMO

Clearly it would have been reversible error - she had no choice but to allow it. IMO

Yep, after the State's witness Dr. Bao (the ME who performed the autopsy on TM) testified regarding his opinion about how THC may affect someone, he opened the door for the toxicology to come in.

The State, IMO, has no one but themselves to blame for this information now coming in, since it appears they may have not properly prepared their witness. MOO

They are mediocre at best IMO They show no zeal in their prosecution and don't use evidence that could easily convict. IMO Not to mention, they rarely Object to a witness being brow beaten or having words rammed down their throats to benefit the defense. IMO
Neither do I think the defense " turned" any of the state's witnesses, they were pro defense anyway. IMO

The prosecution looks bad IMO because they never had a case. So the state's witnesses "were pro defense anyway?" Still more reason the case should never have been brought.

Have you seen the photos of GZ introduced at court? The broken nose, blackened eyes, busted lip, & abrasions to the back of GZ's head? And the testimony of the ME that 'other than the single gunshot wound and some knuckle abrasions, TM had no other injuries to his body?

Per trial testimony by prosecution.

GZ said that Trayvon punched him 20-30 times. Trayvon had one abrasion to his non-dominate hand. IF Trayvon had punched GZ 20-30 times, you would have seen many wounds to Trayvon's hands! GZ's story is not believable. :twocents:

IMO to insist the victim is responsible for their own death in a case like this is UnAmerican, unChristian and just plain old wrong.

Yes in YOUR opinion. We are Americans, I am a Christian and it is not wrong to want to know all the facts before putting a man in prison. This was a tragedy but so far, the prosecution never proved murder. And they rested their case. Tells me a lot!! IMO.

Yep, after Dr. Bao (the ME who performed the autopsy on TM) testified regarding his opinion about how THC may affect someone, he opened the door for the toxicology to come in.

The State, IMO, has no one but themselves to blame for this information now coming in, if they didn't properly prepare their witness.

I wonder if anyone could have prepared this witness!!

JMO

I GZ made his report and stayed in the truck, no murder would have happened.
The police I am sure are capable in their jobs. But GZ thinks the bad guys always get away. IMO
...ya see that's what I think is really behind this. There's an ELEPHANT in the room, IMO...but I do see it behind a lot of the public's opinion.

BBM

That is absolutely true. But on the other hand, what if it was reversed. What if the unknown person he was watching was actually a rapist or an armed home invader? And GZ had stayed in his car and lost track of him. Maybe we would have been criticizing GZ for not keeping track of the potential suspect, if that suspect broke into a home and terrorized someone. There were several recent cases of home invasions and burglaries in that complex, so it makes sense that GZ was suspicious. JMO

I would certainly not be criticizing GZ for staying in the car had be been following a serial killer carrying a machete. The Neighborhood Watch guidelines say to watch and report and not put yourself in danger.

Why did GZ follow? Athletic teenager? Trayvon hadn't played football for 3 years. Also, Trayvon was not running the entire time, this is testimony at trial. He thought he lost GZ...he was wrong! Trayvon was waiting for the rain to pass, chatting on the phone. This is in the testimony. Trayvon had NO responsibility or obligation to do anything! He was doing nothing wrong! GZ was the one who should have changed what HE was doing! So, the victim holds the responsibility..if he had run faster, done this or that..he would still be alive? What a world we live in when the victim is blamed for not being fast enough or not reading the mind of the person following him. :furious:

This blame the victim going on here reminds me of the type of thing that happens to sexual assault victims. We don't accept it when it happens to them but it's been acceptable and allowed in this case. When this forum first opened on WS, I was asking all the same questions about why TM was being villified when he is the victim. He IS the victim as there is someone on trial for his murder. The only person calling him an aggressor is the person who admittedly shot him. If he says anything different, he's in big trouble. He has EVERY motivation to lie. I haven't been commenting much, just reading and I've been terribly disappointed in the some of the things I've read. I understand everyone has an opinon and a right to voice their opinion and I respect that, even if I don't agree.

IMO

I feel really bad that TM is dead, BUT....I truly believe he is the one who started the fight. The evidence points to it, and I believe the Martins know it was not their son screaming for help on the 911 tape. It's common sense to figure out the one who was getting beaten up is the one screaming for help. It's also common sense to believe if TM ran from GZ, there's no way GZ could have caught up with him.

can you please show what evidence - besides gz's words that tm was the aggressor and started the fight??? there isn't any except gz's testimony, and gz has already changed stories and also been caught in lies - bail hearing where he lied about $$ and his wife was charged with perjury - that i can't believe gz's testimony - imo - and i don't understand why ppkl are so quick to believe gz even though he has been caught in many untruths already

A man is on trial for second degree murder. IMO, "decency," whatever one believes that means, is not an issue. The truth is the only issue.

Plus, for me at least, it's not blame "shifting." It's putting some of the blame where it properly belongs. I don't blame George at all, so there's no shifting from my perspective. all jmo
But attacking the victim and the victim's family is against TOS...regardless of how we individually feel or what perspective we have.
I think I understand now why these threads are closed at night. lol (but not really)

I wonder if anyone could have prepared this witness!!

JMO

I agree, I don't think I have ever heard anyone testify like this in all my years of watching trials. It was surreal. He wouldn't listen to the prosecutor's questions, the defense attorney's questions, or the judge's repeated instructions! He had things he wanted to say and he insisted on saying them.

BBM

OK, If you have a gun permit, you are told to avoid confrontations. The best way to do that is stay in the truck and dial 911. GZ had no business walking around shaking down potential thieves. None IMO

The prosecution looks bad IMO because they never had a case. So the state's witnesses "were pro defense anyway?" Still more reason the case should never have been brought.

Originally Lead Detective Chris Serino said they had a case but I think by then the State was afraid to bring a charge against GZ.

Not in my opinion, the State should have called all Pro Prosecution witnesses to begin with. They do exist. IMO

Well that is in your mind. What I am thinking when I say that his injuries aren't that bad -- and I do say that -- is that this does not support GZ's stories about being severely battered and afraid he was going to die. IMO, GZ confronted Trayvon, failed to tell him he was with neighborhood watch and wanted to know if he had a legitimate reason for being in the neighborhood, attempted to restrain him, and Trayvon defended himself as he had a right to do. I think George Zimmerman then shot him. I do not think that Trayvon jumped him.

IMO there is not a shred of evidence for the above scenario. The state has to prove GZ was at fault, which they failed to do during their case in chief.

Seems I was wrong about what the State wants to eleminate. It wasn't the demo earlier today, but something is going to happen in future testimony. Court in recess until Witness can get there.

JMO

The judge is allowing toxicology reports as to pot/THC in Travyon's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam