GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

UGH. I really hope this isn't one of those ugly things where one parent wants to destroy the other one, and does so by harming their child...:cry:

DJ Creato, the father, lives in a two-story apartment building. Vic Filosa, the building's owner, said DJ had moved into one of the seven units in February or March of this year, following repair work to the building.

Filosa said DJ always has paid his rent on time and has never caused problems. "None whatsoever," Filosa said. "He's been an excellent tenant." Filosa added: "You never even know he's there, very quiet."

According to Camden County College spokeswoman Susan Coulby, Creato attended the school from Fall 2011 to Spring 2014 and was registered as an addictions counseling major. He did not complete a degree.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...don_Twp__boy_s_death.html#TFAeUpoJ7vwvmQsq.99

This is so odd. The local news just said the autopsy is done, but no cause or manner of death could be determined. WTH

Listen to the 911 call: http://6abc.com/news/listen-911-call-in-brendan-creato-death-case/1030742/

The caller identifies himself as the boy's father, D.J. Creato. "I just woke up and my three-year-old's missing, a three-year-old boy. His name is Brendan," then goes on to say the boy was wearing red pajamas.

Quickly into the call, the father appeared to ask a third party if there was a change. "Hold on . . . is he in there?" Creato asked. "No, yeah, he's missing."

The dispatcher later asked: "You didn't hear anything or see anything or nothing like that?"

"No. I just woke up and he wasn't in my apartment. I don't know if he wandered out or what happened. I don't know where he is," Creato responded. "The door was locked, I guess he unlocked it and left."

Toward the end of the recording, a woman can be heard in the background yelling out for Brendan, and Creato is heard telling her that both the "top door" and "bottom door" had been locked.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...don_Twp__boy_s_death.html#eYSW1rIARkXtmRSR.99

______

.. family's close friends to speculate that a stranger could be involved, or that some sort of street commotion lured Brendan outside. But a nearby neighbor reported hearing nothing in the hours prior, and police did not respond to any other calls in Westmont that morning.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...don_Twp__boy_s_death.html#CL8fmePE8FhwdAMI.99

______

This is so odd. The local news just said the autopsy is done, but no cause or manner of death could be determined. WTH

Authorities must now await the results of toxicology and additional testing to determine how Brendan died.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brendan-creato-death-new-jersey-boy_561eaf8fe4b028dd7ea6557d

i don't think this sweet boy just walked out there by himself.

This happened about 15 minutes away from me so I've been following this one closely. It's so odd they couldn't determine manner of death from the autopsy. I hope the toxicology tests reveal some answers.

I live in Gloucester County & work in Haddon Heights - so close to home. It just seems strange that no cause of death could be determined from the autopsy. I suppose with an ongoing investigation, perhaps info is being withheld. Things are just not adding up though. Did Brendan have a history of leaving during the night that his father assumed that got up during the night, unlocked the doors & walked out? It's awful to think that a child predator could be responsible & horrible to think it could be a relative. Perhaps it was just an accident. Whatever the cause, it is an awful tragedy. My thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends. R.I.P. Brendan.

I wonder how they know that he 'was placed there.'

"A source close to the investigation told NBC10 that Brendan didn't walk alone to the area where his body was found and was "definitely placed there."

Maybe he was found with clean socks on and no shoes,since he was reported to be wearing his pj's.Just a thought.

This happened about 15 minutes away from me so I've been following this one closely. It's so odd they couldn't determine manner of death from the autopsy. I hope the toxicology tests reveal some answers.

First, I want to say :welcome: to WS. Too bad it is under such tragic circumstances though.

I am wondering about the tox tests as well. It might be unfair for me to make this assumption, but the following statement makes me wonder if Dad has a history of past drug use:

"According to Camden County College spokeswoman Susan Coulby, Creato attended the school from Fall 2011 to Spring 2014 and was registered as an addictions counseling major. He did not complete a degree."

I am sure there are many addiction counselors who have never had drug issues---but I have never met any.

Well, if we believe the media, the tox on Lamar Odom was done almost instantly...wonder how long it will take in this case.

Well, if we believe the media, the tox on Lamar Odom was done almost instantly...wonder how long it will take in this case.

I don't think a tox screen was done immediately. It was testimony from those at the brothel who publicly said what he'd been taking.

First, I want to say :welcome: to WS. Too bad it is under such tragic circumstances though.

I am wondering about the tox tests as well. It might be unfair for me to make this assumption, but the following statement makes me wonder if Dad has a history of past drug use:

"According to Camden County College spokeswoman Susan Coulby, Creato attended the school from Fall 2011 to Spring 2014 and was registered as an addictions counseling major. He did not complete a degree."

I am sure there are many addiction counselors who have never had drug issues---but I have never met any.

I agree with this, my first thought when I read this article and the fact that no COD has been determined and they are sure he was placed there (which is a bold statement and would not be made unless there's physical evidence of this) was that maybe dad was in recovery at one point but is now using again and Brendan got into something and died, dad panicked and rather than being honest, went into cover up mode. If that was the case, depending on what was ingested, The ROA would be oral so maybe they can test his stomach contents quickly, or would any drug, regardless of the substance, have been dissolved already and completely absorbed into the blood stream? One of the main reasons I thought this, aside from the fact that they are waiting on toxicology, is bc the article said he was going to school for addictions counseling but never finished, and another article posted that said he faced difficulties in the past. From my experience working in conjunction with our D&A counselors at my old job, I agree with your opinion that Most in this specific line of work were either recovering addicts or people who have been affected by the disease in other ways like a family members addiction, etc. not all who are interested in this line of work are, but it's common enough that I don't feel guilty wondering about it TBH.

Is it common for law enforcement to not be fully honest about what they think COD is? Maybe there were some signs of foul play but they didn't want to release that for investigative reasons? If they are suspecting dad maybe they wanted to pin him down on his initial story, then go back and interview him again and see if his story changes once confronted with physical evidence?

I was assigned a case years ago where a child was killed by the moms live in boyfriend while mom was at work. We never had involvement or reports about this family until this happened but had to respond immediately bc there were other very young children in the home. From day one everyone involved professionally knew the child had sustained major injuries that caused his death and the boyfriend was the main suspect, but in the news the ME withheld anything other than "inconclusive, waiting on toxicology." This was years ago so what they were really waiting on before the arrest, I honestly do not remember but I do remember how annoyed I was that it was at least a week until his arrest.

My husband listened to the 911 call with me and said the dad sounded way too calm and believes this was no stranger abduction.

I personally think the father is being naive not to higher an attorney. When this story first broke and nothing was known aside from Brendan being reported missing at 6 am and then found a few hours later in the woods, I thought it sounded eerily similar to that show with Ryan Phillipe and Juliette Lewis "secret and lies." I'm normally not a conspiracy theorist and this is totally out there but I remember thinking "I wonder if whoever did this watched that show?"

I hope more info is released soon. I'm surprised there aren't more members posting on this thread as I know a lot of us are from areas local enough that this is being covered by our local news. I guess it makes it hard to discuss when there's little info being given.

He was alive and at a hospital where results can come back within an hour so we can't really compare the two. I would hope they would push Brendan's tox screen through quickly due to the circumstances but I'm not sure what the policy in NJ is like. I would hope it's not the usual time frame that families have to wait after the death of a loved one for a tox screen bc that can be a few months.

He was alive and at a hospital where results can come back within an hour so we can't really compare the two. I would hope they would push Brendan's tox screen through quickly due to the circumstances but I'm not sure what the policy in NJ is like. I would hope it's not the usual time frame that families have to wait after the death of a loved one for a tox screen bc that can be a few months.

I agree. Doing a tox screen on someone who is still circulating blood and making urine, I believe can be done (a minimum one) almost instantly. In a deceased body, they would have to use coagulated blood or stomach contents which have to be run via a computer program after being properly prepared. I am sure that takes much longer, even if it is a 'top priority.'

I'm new here, but have been reading here for years. But this case prompted me to sign up. As a mother to two 3-year old boys who lives in the NYC tri-state area, this case hits way too close to home. I have been thinking about and researching this case as soon as I heard about it. That poor baby boy. He didn't deserve this....he must have been so scared.

I agree about the addictions counselor angle. I know many people who go in that field have struggled with addictions issues. I feel I can say that because I have a past history of having to go to detox/rehab/AA due to a sleeping pill/benzo addiction many years ago. (I have been one of the lucky ones who made a full recovery and has not had a relapse....my two boys keep me going! :) )

Anyway, I wanted to come here and say I listened to the 911 call. I definitely think that DJ sounded way too calm for someone reporting his baby boy missing. Thankfully, I've never been in that situation, but I would be freaking out/crying/pleading that someone come help us immediately. And, there was one point when it sounded like he was talking to a woman in the apartment and made the 911 operator hold on. He then says to the other person, "He's out.....no, he's not in there." Or something like that. Sorry, I don't have the exact words in front of me right now because I'm at work and they block a lot of sites. Anyway, was he starting to say "he's outside" because he knew that he was? Just something that I picked up on immediately.

Poor Brendan. I am heartbroken for that poor little boy and his family. I want to make sure I follow this case to the end so there is justice for him.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.

westmont.png

here's a photo of the police tape. I'm not sure of the exact house. the only apts i'm aware of are right beyond the stop sign to the right. I live a few minutes away from westmont and walk cooper river almost everyday. its unimaginable...

Three-year-old Brendan Creato disappeared from his family's apartment in Cooper Street, Haddon Township, wearing only his pajamas, neon socks and Mickey Mouse slippers.

The boy's grandfather said Brendan had gone missing between midnight at 6am.

hmm.... would a child put on his slippers over his socks if he wanted to slip out of the house and go outside??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-three-hours-later-woods.html#ixzz3oeOy5BKN

View attachment 82938

here's a photo of the police tape. I'm not sure of the exact house. the only apts i'm aware of are right beyond the stop sign to the right. I live a few minutes away from westmont and walk cooper river almost everyday. its unimaginable...

Here's a better picture:

2D629F3900000578-3271226-image-m-20_1444770768499.jpg

100 block of Cooper Street (pictured)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-three-hours-later-woods.html#ixzz3oeQBHCuz

I'm new here, but have been reading here for years. But this case prompted me to sign up. As a mother to two 3-year old boys who lives in the NYC tri-state area, this case hits way too close to home. I have been thinking about and researching this case as soon as I heard about it. That poor baby boy. He didn't deserve this....he must have been so scared.

I agree about the addictions counselor angle. I know many people who go in that field have struggled with addictions issues. I feel I can say that because I have a past history of having to go to detox/rehab/AA due to a sleeping pill/benzo addiction many years ago. (I have been one of the lucky ones who made a full recovery and has not had a relapse....my two boys keep me going! :) )

Anyway, I wanted to come here and say I listened to the 911 call. I definitely think that DJ sounded way too calm for someone reporting his baby boy missing. Thankfully, I've never been in that situation, but I would be freaking out/crying/pleading that someone come help us immediately. And, there was one point when it sounded like he was talking to a woman in the apartment and made the 911 operator hold on. He then says to the other person, "He's out.....no, he's not in there." Or something like that. Sorry, I don't have the exact words in front of me right now because I'm at work and they block a lot of sites. Anyway, was he starting to say "he's outside" because he knew that he was? Just something that I picked up on immediately.

Poor Brendan. I am heartbroken for that poor little boy and his family. I want to make sure I follow this case to the end so there is justice for him.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.

:wagon:

It's so nice to have you here and what a great first post!! First, I hope you know how proud of yourself you should be on your sobriety. I'm so glad you got the help you needed. As you know Benzo withdrawal is one of the few that can actually kill you if the withdrawal is not closely monitored so I'm glad you took it seriously and put your health first.

Good pickup on the 911 tape, my ipad is giving me problems so I can't hear it clearly but I will keep trying to listen again. He sounded way to calm. There was not even a sense of urgency in his voice imo. I know everyone reacts differently but still. Something is not right. I personally think LE might have a pretty good working theory as to what happened but obviously need to process evidence and rule out other possibilities.

I wonder if there are any street cameras or homes in the area that have a security camera, I wonder if the apartment building has a camera. Ugh this is so sad. My son will be 3 in December and sometimes I wonder why I read these articles because it just gets me so upset.

Three-year-old Brendan Creato disappeared from his family's apartment in Cooper Street, Haddon Township, wearing only his pajamas, neon socks and Mickey Mouse slippers.

The boy's grandfather said Brendan had gone missing between midnight at 6am.

hmm.... would a child put on his slippers over his socks if he wanted to slip out of the house and go outside??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-three-hours-later-woods.html#ixzz3oeOy5BKN

He might. Maybe he sleeps with socks on or really likes those socks, and wore slippers because that's what you wear when you're in your pajamas? Kids do all kinds of weird things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back