Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 31s32 seconds ago
Gates reminds jury all of their discussions are secret-to discuss is a criminal offence #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 39s40 seconds ago
Gates now outlining process to remove one juror from the pool, only 12 people can deliberate. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 55s56 seconds ago
One of the 13 jurors who sat through the past four weeks of testimony in the #Garland trial will be dismissed. Gates expressing thanks.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
there are 13 jurors, only 12 can deliberate. Court clerk will now going to draw at random the card of 1 juror to be discharged #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago

Now one juror gets randomly selected to be excused. Their juror #s are in a box, one drawn out #Garland

I agree. It's been drawn out but unfortunately it's completely necessary. Don't need any mistakes! I'm thinking it will be a relatively quick decision, before the weekend hopefully. The evidence, even if a lot of it is considered circumstantial, is overwhelming.

Judge Gates has now clarified - they have until 9pm tonight. Otherwise deliberations continue at 9am tomorrow. I imagine they will be given time for a meal and comfort break - so at least 3 hours this evening to deliberate.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 47s47 seconds ago
Gates said he will then give that juror a chance to wish the other 12 jurors well -privately #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Draw about to be made now-to exclude one of the 13 remaining jurors -Gates will speak privately with the one who is excluded #Garland

Gates thanking jury for service. Sounded like he's choking up/tearing up. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 50s51 seconds ago
Juror number one had his card drawn, he has now left the room. 12 jurors remain to decide fate of #Garland

It really sounds like justice Gates is crying - he says 13th juror will be given chance to speak with other jurors #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates appears to be emotional while outlining dismissal of 13th member of the juror. Juror #1 was just excused. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 47s47 seconds ago
Gates said he will then give that juror a chance to wish the other 12 jurors well -privately #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Draw about to be made now-to exclude one of the 13 remaining jurors -Gates will speak privately with the one who is excluded #Garland

Gates thanking jury for service. Sounded like he's choking up/tearing up. #Garland

It would be horrible to be the juror released. I got choked up too. They are SO emotionally invested in this.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago

Juror #1, a man, removed from jury. Three women and nine men will decide Garland's fate. #Garland

Excused juror #1: Being brought to room where he will say goodbyes to other jurors and Gates will speak w/ that juror #Garland

Shout out to Kfox. I hope you are around. Pretty soon you can fill us in on what went on in court. :)

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 51s51 seconds ago
Gates will take time to talk to dismissed juror before allowing him to say his goodbyes to other jurors. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 50s51 seconds ago
Juror number one had his card drawn, he has now left the room. 12 jurors remain to decide fate of #Garland

It really sounds like justice Gates is crying - he says 13th juror will be given chance to speak with other jurors #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates appears to be emotional while outlining dismissal of 13th member of the juror. Juror #1 was just excused. #Garland

Sad for that juror. Tough to go through all this and now have to bow out. Couldn't have asked for a better judge ito how he has given instructions, choosing his words so wisely, carefully and considerately. This has been hard on him too and he has likely lost sleep just as we all have. A big thumbs up for Judge Gates from me.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 42s42 seconds ago
Jury now awaiting word on whether they can commence deliberations. Lawyers will have opportunity to ask Gates to instruct further. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 34s35 seconds ago
Justice Gates is now meeting with jurors, including the one who's been dismissed. #Garland

Thank you juror number 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates seemed emotional when he explained how he would meet with dismissed juror before that man gets to say his goodbyes. #Garland

I know the jury gets 89 exhibits, but I only need one:

attachment.php

Attachments

• garland-bloody-hand-print.png
    garland-bloody-hand-print.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 279
We are now on Verdict Watch in this trial.

Please continue discussion at Thread #8.

:tyou:

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members